It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2004, 06:49 AM   #1

nightangel86 HB User
Wink need some input please!!!

I want to get my boobs done, but I don't know how big to get them done. My boyfriend hates the idea, but I think it will help my self-esteem a lot. I'll be 18 sunday (8th). I'm 5'3'', 32a(barely)-23-30, 95lbs. I'm thinking a full b, but I don't know. There aren't many girls I know my size, so I don't know how big would be too big b/c the rest of me is pretty small too. Would just like some opinions. I model a bit, so I think it might help me there. I plan to get some other stuff done, but just the boobs for now.

Thanks,
*nirvana*

Last edited by nightangel86; 02-06-2004 at 06:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
Veteran

supertrooper HB User
Re: need some input please!!!

A reputable plastic surgeon will lead you through the process of selecting the size of your impants. Be sure to take a peek at the "Cosmetic Surgery" board for other experiences. Pro and cons, etc.

Are you interested in a discussion of whether or not bigger boobs will really help your self esteem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2004, 02:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Meg28 HB User

You say you're almost 18. Is this how old you have to be to get this done without parent's approval?
I wanted to let you know that it's a better to wait a couple of years. You're breasts are probably still growing. A lot of women in their early twenties find that they are bigger than when they were in their late twenties.
I don't know what kind of modelling you do, but for fashion models they actually prefer small breasts. The clothes look better on a very skinny model with just a touch of boob. (That's not what I personally believe!) I'm talking about runway models though. You may be a different kind of model.
I'm done with my long rant. I'm half asleep right now and I hope this post made as much sense as I imagined.
Good luck with your decision and remember that it is your body and not your boyfriends!
Meg

Old 02-07-2004, 04:16 AM   #4

nightangel86 HB User
Wink Re: need some input please!!!

Personally, I just think I'd feel better. My boyfriend tells me I'm perfect all the time, but I don't feel that way. People always ask to see my id b/c they think i'm 12. It's depressing. I'm just tired of looking like a little girl, I think ending that would increase my self-esteem.

*nirvana*

Old 02-07-2004, 04:19 AM   #5

nightangel86 HB User
Talking Re: need some input please!!!

I'm 18 on sunday actually. Yes you only have to be 18. I've been the same size since 6th grade, so it's not a positive outlook for me. I'm too short for fashion modeling. Too flat for swimsuit. I just mainly help with portfolio development b/c they can't use me for much.

Ya, I know it's my body, and I'm tired of being with out boobs.

*nirvana*

Old 02-08-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
Inactive

sentedshowergel HB User

If I were a boy, I would never go out with a girl who was so materilistic that she would get here boobs done. Dang that Britney Spears who made it look like such a great thing to do for teens.
Im seriouse though,guys like slutes with big boobs to masterbate to, but natural sweet girls to marry. Im serioiuse.
Besides, your breasts are still growing and have not matured untill you have your first child and they fill up with milk. Im pregnant and my breasts have gone up two cup sizes. I was a B and now am barley fitting a C.
Anther thing is that you better check to see how it will affect you in the future.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentedshowergel
If I were a boy, I would never go out with a girl who was so materilistic that she would get here boobs done. Dang that Britney Spears who made it look like such a great thing to do for teens.
Im seriouse though,guys like slutes with big boobs to masterbate to, but natural sweet girls to marry. Im serioiuse.
Besides, your breasts are still growing and have not matured untill you have your first child and they fill up with milk. Im pregnant and my breasts have gone up two cup sizes. I was a B and now am barley fitting a C.
Anther thing is that you better check to see how it will affect you in the future.

Actually some of this is just plain wrong. Being married and having a child doesnt always effect one's breasts. The breastgrowth that occurs during pregnancy RARELY sticks around. Most women that gain size during pregnancy go back to their orginal size either after the milk stops being produced or whent he woman stops breast feeding.
Second men maybe shallow but they arnet going to marry a woman based on breast size. Also big breasts doesnt make one a ****...god if it did I would have been in serious trouble as a teen. My Dh married me even though my breasts are big and I am by far not a sweet natured person. But my breasts are natural.

Age does play a role in your growth. I know you say you havent grown since the 6th grade but that doesnt mean you are done growing. Your breast can still grow up to your early 20's. Your best bet is to wait a bit longer before you go under the knife. Also getting bigger breast wont change your self esteem,that is something you must do yourself. Many young women make that mistake of assuming getting bigger breasts,a nose job or some other precieved flaw fixed will fix their self esteem. Any decent doctor will tell you that isnt true.
Also getting asked for your ID has nothing to do with your breast growth or lack of. I have always been bigger breasted and up until I was 25 I got asked for my ID alot. Heck I even got carded twice in the same bar within in 10 minutes of entering the place. I wil be 30 this year and yes I still get carded not as much as I did when I was younger but it happens. I have a friend that even at 16 she could easily walk into a bar and order a drink and not get asked for her ID and you know what she wasl almost the exact same measurements as you just a bit taller. So your small breasts hae nothing to do with you getting asked for your id.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 02-09-2004, 10:10 AM   #8

nenofury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightangel86
I want to get my boobs done, but I don't know how big to get them done. My boyfriend hates the idea, but I think it will help my self-esteem a lot. I'll be 18 sunday (8th). I'm 5'3'', 32a(barely)-23-30, 95lbs. I'm thinking a full b, but I don't know. There aren't many girls I know my size, so I don't know how big would be too big b/c the rest of me is pretty small too. Would just like some opinions. I model a bit, so I think it might help me there. I plan to get some other stuff done, but just the boobs for now.

Thanks,
*nirvana*
I would get a full C at that size. I say this because the rule of thumb is to go one size bigger than you think you want. This is because most women love the results so much they wish they had gone bigger. Be sure to get them UNDER THE MUSCLE!! And have him go through the armpit or belly button. This will give the most natural looking breasts with invisible scars. Cheap boob jobs go through the nipple and stay above the muscle. They look horrible and will look even worse on someone your size. Go to the American Medical Association's website and look for a board certified surgeon in your area. Expect to pay between 8 and 15 thousand for this surgery. The results should be excellent. You will look incredible.

P.S. Don't listen to the haters.

Last edited by nenofury; 02-09-2004 at 10:12 AM.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Quote:
Personally, I just think I'd feel better. My boyfriend tells me I'm perfect all the time, but I don't feel that way. People always ask to see my id b/c they think i'm 12. It's depressing. I'm just tired of looking like a little girl, I think ending that would increase my self-esteem.

*nirvana*
It sounds like you are cursed/blessed with looking a lot younger than you are. People are judging all that they see of you. The hair, the clothes, the attitude. They might just think you are 12 with big boobs. Twenty years from now you'll be happy to take the compliments of people who think you are ten years younger than you are. Plastic surgery is rarely a successful path to self esteem. It often leads to more proceedures with the hope that the next one will do it. You will be on an endless pursuit of perfection. You already said you want "other stuff done". You have people that already love you the way you are. Listen to them.

And just because we disagree with your choice we aren't "haters". We just might have a different view based on a larger life experience.

By all means go and have a consultation with a reputable surgeon. Be sure to ask all the potential complications. Ask how long they last. Most women are surprised to find out they'll need another proceedure in 10-15 years.

Have you checked out the posts on the "Cosmetic Surgery" board?

Old 02-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #10

nenofury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrooper
It sounds like you are cursed/blessed with looking a lot younger than you are. People are judging all that they see of you. The hair, the clothes, the attitude. They might just think you are 12 with big boobs. Twenty years from now you'll be happy to take the compliments of people who think you are ten years younger than you are. Plastic surgery is rarely a successful path to self esteem. It often leads to more proceedures with the hope that the next one will do it. You will be on an endless pursuit of perfection. You already said you want "other stuff done". You have people that already love you the way you are. Listen to them.

And just because we disagree with your choice we aren't "haters". We just might have a different view based on a larger life experience.

By all means go and have a consultation with a reputable surgeon. Be sure to ask all the potential complications. Ask how long they last. Most women are surprised to find out they'll need another proceedure in 10-15 years.

Have you checked out the posts on the "Cosmetic Surgery" board?
You honestly believe that of the 3.5 million people that had cosmetic surgery last year in the United States, only a select few felt better about themselves??? Please.

Old 02-09-2004, 06:03 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:

Thanks,
*nirvana*
Talk to a surgen because they do these all the time they will be able to tell you which size would be best for you.

Old 02-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #12
(female)

crimsonrose HB User

You would be surprised at how many don't feel better about themselves. Most people after having a cosmetic surgery to try and "improve" something on their body don't feel better. They will just keep looking for something else that needs improvement. It's a self esteem issue, and getting cosmetic surgery isn't the best way to solve it. This is your body and you should be proud of it either way...the flaws and differences are what make you unique.

But, everyone has their own opinion about it. Nirvana, if this is really what you want, I would look at the pros and cons, the possible health risks and all of that. You should be educated about everything that could happen. Maybe you already are.....Anyway, if you feel this is the right choice for you, I'd say go for it!

Good luck. I do wish you the best.

Last edited by crimsonrose; 02-09-2004 at 10:59 PM.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:54 AM   #13

nightangel86 HB User

I think you sound rather rude. I don't want my boobs done b/c of britney spears. I already have a guy who loves me no matter what I do. I'm not planning on having kids for awhile so that does me no good.
*nirvana*

Old 02-11-2004, 07:58 AM   #14

nightangel86 HB User

Thank you very much! That's what I was asking for opinions on size, not whether I should or not.

*nirvana*

Old 02-11-2004, 08:03 AM   #15

nightangel86 HB User

It is what I want, I get compliments all the time, but people tell me my boobs are too small. I just feel they don't look right. It's something I want and have for years. My boyfriends been trying to talk me out of it since 7th grade, but it's something I've thought a lot about and want for me. To be able to actually wear clothes that fit snug and walk with my shoulders back, not trying to cover my chest up, is something I've looked forward to. Body image is important to everyone, but since I model and want to go into the broadcasting field, how you look is even more important.

*nirvana*

Closed Thread