It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 09:34 PM   #1

Markus89 HB User
So self-concious and not very confident sumtimes

Hey,

Sorry, this MAY be a bit long, but id appreciate it if u read it thank you if u do! and if u dont... thanks anyway

Im a 16 year old guy, and i am not very confident about myself. I can talk to most girls with no problem, but if i like them, or am attracted to them, then i become SO very self consious and try to plan everything i do, everything i say. Sometimes i get a confidence boost, and i feel great.

Well anyway, whenever there is a girl i kind of like, or am attracted to at least a little, i am always so afraid of them finding out or getting the hint. If they do, then i avoid them as much as possible and i try to act very disinterested in them. I have no idea why i do this, but it annoys me.
There is a girl i like right now, my friends kept teling her that i liked her as a joke (they dont know), and now i try not to give her any sort of indication that i like her. Before that happened i was fine, i could talk to her easily and felt very confident about ymself around her.

This always happens, and now whenever im around her i notice everything about myself, become so selfconsious about how i look and how i talk and how i act. I guess one of the reasons im afraid of girls knowing i like them because i think that they will stop talking to me and being rejected.

Im a pretty good looking guy (not being bigheaded or anything, sorry), lots of girls have liked me, especially older girls, and i have no trouble around girls that i KNOW like me, its just the girls whom i dont know how they feel about me.

I HATE THIS, i hate being self concious, it makes me notice every fault about myself, real or imagined. And i hate these confidence lows and girl phobias.

Anyone have any ideas why i feel this way, or what i can do about it, or any advice? if u do.. please reply, because i cant stand myself anymore.

Marcus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 07:06 AM   #2

angeleyes16 HB User
Re: So self-concious and not very confident sumtimes

Hmm... I know what u mean cause the same thing happens to me sometimes... but I would just try my best not to care about what she thinks, try to be yourself... she could like u too right now but maybe she isnt sure if u really like her or if ur friends ARE just joking. She could be just as scared as you are, but you will never know if ur afraid right? Well I dunno, hope my advice was somewhat useful lol..

Old 02-13-2004, 04:52 PM   #3
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: So self-concious and not very confident sumtimes

The last two posters pretty much covered it! I guess one thing to add is, it's okay to give her a little hint. There's a girl at my school that I am 99.9% sure she knows that I like her(long story), anyway, we still talk a lot, laugh, and goof off, so my point is that I think if this girl that you like were to think or know that you liked her, it wouldn't effect anything. She is most likely to be flattered! She's gotta know sometime! Take every chance you can to talk to her. Show her who you are.

Closed Thread