It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #1
Inactive

6roxychick9 HB User
Exclamation depresion? Phase? or just ME?!

I just wanna know if i really have this disorder...
Well My sister says that I have depression coz one minute i'll be laughing but later on like 10 minutes I'd be normal then i get all pissd and depressed if you read "friends on the outside, more than friends on the inside" well usually i'm depressed about the guy discussed on that board.
and when i'm out with my friends wether it to tha club or tha mall I'll be all happy and laugh my *** off and have the time of my life. But when i get home (if im alone, not if i have sleepovers...i can only cry infront of my sister i just dun seem to cry infront of my friends...only when its something serious) I'll just be all sad and sumtimez i'll start crying, but i just sit and think most of the time about once-in-a-life-time-moments, that i feel could never happen again.
But sometimes when i cry it just makes me feel better...but its sorta like over a once a week thing, sorta like a drug...you know when people do drugs they have to have something at least once a week? well crying, for me, is sorta like that. sometimes i wish i wouldnt have anything to cry over. It gets annoying, i guess.
I also seem to think i'm ugly and fat ALL-THE-TIME. Most of my friends think im crazy when i say that. I'm a model, and i'm not fat, im healthy sized like not chubby and not super-skinny either. But when i look in the mirror i just feel like im looking at the ugliest, fattes, most horrible person ever.
I dont know if it has anything to do with it but im ALWAYS tired! and sometimes i cant concentrate in class...i can't explain it but there are just some days where i just think...i dont pay attention, and it drives me crazy because i want to learn, and i want the grades i REALLY deserve and not C's...i dont even want to see a B on my report card. only A's coz i wanna get into harvard...and be a lawyer... that has been my dream for so long and im not planning to let it go... HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2004, 08:13 AM   #2

aimazing HB User
Re: depresion? Phase? or just ME?!

Most teens go through depression- but it can't just be brushed aside as hormones. It's obviously something more than that.

You could just be going through a tough time, but for whatever reason it seems as if you are struggling with your emotions. As a teenager that is normal. Sometimes talking it out can help, like what you're doing on these boards or talk about your feelings to a friend or close relitive.

Moods flucuate a lot as a teenager anyway, but you sound as if you're going from high to low. Try to vent your feelings- if they don't fade after time maybe you should try counselling or something similar. Don't think it's not so important to try that, because regardless counsellers will listen. Even if you just go the once.

Maybe you could keep a diary as well to vent?

I don't really know what else to suggest. Hang in there.

XxX

Old 02-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #3

NIce_Girl1984 HB User

I can relate to you in some way. You do sound like your emotions are quite irrational, this is what being a women is like! We are like waves so to speak, high one minute and low the next, and it just takes one little thing to make you feel low.

Talking does help and so does writing, it helps you to understand how you are feeling. If it is this guy that is the under lying problem then I would suggest councilling as talking to someone you don't know personally is much easier - as they don't judge you.

Concentrate on yourself and how you feel thats whats most important at the end of the day and so, if YOU feel like your depressed the first step is to admit there is something wrong with you, if you feel there is then see your doctor and take it from there. Depression is an illness nothing to be ashamed of.

Hope this helps

xx

Old 02-11-2004, 08:14 AM   #4

fabulousx HB User

I feel like this all of time so dont worry about too much. If its getting really difficult to cope with it maybe you could talk to your parents or a teacher so that someone knows how you feel and can look out for you. But generally doing things like this and writing it down gets rid of a lot of it. I know what you mean about the crying thing. I often cry once a week just cos i feel really ****** bout something which probably isnt important( like having a bf!) So i just cry for like 5mins and then i feel better. If you do feel it is more serious tho definetly tell someone who can help you even if its just talking to your form tutor once a week it may help. Hope you feel better soon.K

Last edited by fabulousx; 02-11-2004 at 08:20 AM.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #5

red16 HB User

talk to maybe your parents about it if your really feeling depressed, you may want to see someone. are you always going from high to low? if it's really serious maybe you want to look up stuff on bi-polar.
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!"

Old 02-11-2004, 03:05 PM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimazing

Maybe you could keep a diary as well to vent?

XxX

Hello,

I can relate to your situation just recent. I am 22 now but I have a split character. When I am out with friends I have a jolly ol' time, but when I hit my front door watch out cause the grouch is in...lol

I have been keeping a diary of my daily activities because I am not the one to talk to people about my problems face to face or show emotion. Instead of letting anger build up from home problem I get it all out on a diary. Now I am finding myself in a better mood lately around my parents instead of being irritated.

I know I may sound tacky being 22 living at home and writing in a diary but it helped me out alot...lol Take care and good luck

Closed Thread