It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User
Question Tonuge piercing!

I am thinking about getting my toungue pierced. Does anyone on here have theirs done? Did it hurt? Do you guys think I should go thru with it?

Old 02-09-2004, 06:04 PM   #2

crazybabe_2004 HB User
Re: Tonuge piercing!

well i dont have mine but my teacher and some friends have theirs and they said it didnt hurt that bad...so i would get it if i was you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2004, 05:09 AM   #3
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Why do you want your tongue pierced?

Old 02-10-2004, 06:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

If you want it because YOU like it, then go for it, but don't do it to please other people. I had my tounge pierced when I was 17, 12 years ago as I am now 29. I had it up until about 3 months ago, and I never had any problems with it. I only took it out because of...well....let's just call it an "oral sex disaster".....lets just say, barbell balls and urethra's don't fair well when one accidently sticks in the other! Anyways, I took it out so my boyfriend wouldn't fear that happening again, hehe. Oh, it really doesn't hurt much at all, out of all my piercings, ears included, my tongue was probably the least painful one. If you do decide to go for it, make sure you go to a reputable piercing shop. A piercer who doesn't know what they are doing CAN cause damage, especially with the tongue.

Old 02-10-2004, 11:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Be aware also of the possibility of infection. Tongue piercing is about the worst from that angle because infection is not always visible at the site of the piercing. There are countless germs in the mouth, so it is impossible to keep the site clean. So bacteria can seep into your blood stream and start an infection just about anywhere in your body. In one case I know about, a young woman developed an infection in her brain. She had not been feeling well, but by the time they identified the problem, treatment was too late. Be careful.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:19 AM   #6

ace_chick01 HB User

ive heard it doesnt hurt much at all

Old 02-11-2004, 05:19 PM   #7

iluviverson3 HB User

I got my tongue pierced in June of 2003 after a long time of waiting. It was a brief sting that was followed by some pain but its bearable, but obviously everyones pain tolerance is different. My tongue was swollen for about 3 days. Really it is nothing to stress about because I know I was stressing for nothing. Well if you have any more questions, I will be glad to help.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User

Investigate your piercer! Investigate your piercing shop! DO NOT LET THEM USE A PIERCING GUN!!!
Piercing guns shouldn't be used on anything, even ears. (What? Then what are they for?) They're a worthless invention, because they can't be properly sterilized in an autoclave. ANY piercer worth ANYTHING uses a needle not a gun. Any shop that doens't have an autoclave is shady and should be avoided.
BTW saliva is sterile and helps keep the piercing clean. Just have to be careful. Tongue piercings take a long time to heal because of the high activity of them.
G'luck with it.

Closed Thread