It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 08:24 AM   #1

charmed0rz HB User
Smile Old Love Letters..

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, 2 months ;p He's 21, and I'm 18... and I moved in with him about 2 months ago. We've been very open about our relationships. We lost our virginities together and yada yada.. but recently I found some love letters to him from 2000. He would have only been like 16-17 then. I do not think he would be cheating on me or anything like that - we've been through that and I think we are both ready to be adults.

But back to the letters.. it seemed as if we really cared for her and her for him. Do you think it's odd that he never mentioned her to me? He's talked about girls who have hurt him *He has a problem of being too nice, and wanting to help everyone to not be depressed* and since I don't know what he was writing to her... but she was all saying she knew she'd marry him, and that she loved him and stuff. - Btw she was only 14 -

... Do you think that it was just a young-i love you- i love you -type of thing? Or what's your opinion on the matter.

Sorry took to long to get my question out - lol.

(PS) According to the letters they met through his friend Bret, and she lived in Illinois so they've never really "Met met"

Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Re: Old Love Letters..

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed0rz
I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, 2 months ;p He's 21, and I'm 18... and I moved in with him about 2 months ago. We've been very open about our relationships. We lost our virginities together and yada yada.. but recently I found some love letters to him from 2000. He would have only been like 16-17 then. I do not think he would be cheating on me or anything like that - we've been through that and I think we are both ready to be adults.

But back to the letters.. it seemed as if we really cared for her and her for him. Do you think it's odd that he never mentioned her to me? He's talked about girls who have hurt him *He has a problem of being too nice, and wanting to help everyone to not be depressed* and since I don't know what he was writing to her... but she was all saying she knew she'd marry him, and that she loved him and stuff. - Btw she was only 14 -

... Do you think that it was just a young-i love you- i love you -type of thing? Or what's your opinion on the matter.

Sorry took to long to get my question out - lol.

(PS) According to the letters they met through his friend Bret, and she lived in Illinois so they've never really "Met met"
I must say that you sound a bit imature for your age. Your reading personl letters and are now paranoid that he is cheating on you because of letters that were written FOUR years ago. Not to meantion that you have been with him for TWO years. I think there is more to the story here than what you are telling us. I have letters and journal that go back many years and if I found out that ANYBODY read them, I would not trust them any longer. So, be honest here. Why were you snooping???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2004, 09:30 AM   #3

charmed0rz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
I must say that you sound a bit imature for your age. Your reading personl letters and are now paranoid that he is cheating on you because of letters that were written FOUR years ago. Not to meantion that you have been with him for TWO years. I think there is more to the story here than what you are telling us. I have letters and journal that go back many years and if I found out that ANYBODY read them, I would not trust them any longer. So, be honest here. Why were you snooping???

I said I do NOT for one SECOND think he is cheating on me. My question was more of a why hasnt he told me because she hurt him, or what, because it took me a while for him to warm up to me. And just wondering if other people would tell their partner or if it was normal. I do not think anything of letters from when they were kids. I was just trying to understand where he is coming from in his depressness, maybe trying to finally realize what caused it, or triggered it.

Last edited by charmed0rz; 02-11-2004 at 09:33 AM.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:36 AM   #4
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

First of all, shame on you for reading letters written to him before you were together. He probably didn't mention her because maybe he didn't see it as a real romantic realtionship. she was probably more of a penpal. You say they probably never actually met in person. 14 y.o. girls can have very active romantic imaginations, especially involving older boys. He sounds like the compassionate type, so he probably listened to her pour her heart out on a variety of subjects. She probably confused his compassion with love. I have no clue why he kept the letters, but I'd put them back. He's probably forgotten they were there. Maybe in a while you can initiate some "house cleaning" in the area you found them and give him an opportunity to discard them. But it has to be his choice.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:42 AM   #5

charmed0rz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrooper
First of all, shame on you for reading letters written to him before you were together. He probably didn't mention her because maybe he didn't see it as a real romantic realtionship. she was probably more of a penpal. You say they probably never actually met in person. 14 y.o. girls can have very active romantic imaginations, especially involving older boys. He sounds like the compassionate type, so he probably listened to her pour her heart out on a variety of subjects. She probably confused his compassion with love. I have no clue why he kept the letters, but I'd put them back. He's probably forgotten they were there. Maybe in a while you can initiate some "house cleaning" in the area you found them and give him an opportunity to discard them. But it has to be his choice.

Hey thanks for the reply. I put them back, and probably won't mention them or even "find" them one day. I do not mind that he has them, because I know that he cares for me now. Yeah I'm sure he even forgot they were even there as well. Thanks for the input

Old 02-11-2004, 04:11 PM   #6
Inactive

sentedshowergel HB User
You shouldent put people down.

Last edited by sentedshowergel; 02-11-2004 at 04:20 PM.

Old 02-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #7
Inactive

sentedshowergel HB User

My husband keeps letters from his exs, they are senimental, a part of him and I love my husband and so these parts are special to me to. Hes really open with me though, he wouldent ever mind me reading them.

Old 02-11-2004, 04:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

You said in your last post that you "did not think for one second that he was cheating on you".
But in your original post you said "but recently I found some love letters to him from 2000. He would have only been like 16-17 then. I do not think he would be cheating on me or anything like that - we've been through that and I think we are both ready to be adults."

I DO NOT THINK HE WOULD BE CHEATING ON ME>>>>>>>>>>>> WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THAT IN THE PAST............

That is what you wrote in your first post. I think you do have trust issues with him and from what you posted, you should if you are looking for proof.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:10 AM   #9

dollluvsjohn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
You said in your last post that you "did not think for one second that he was cheating on you".
But in your original post you said "but recently I found some love letters to him from 2000. He would have only been like 16-17 then. I do not think he would be cheating on me or anything like that - we've been through that and I think we are both ready to be adults."

I DO NOT THINK HE WOULD BE CHEATING ON ME>>>>>>>>>>>> WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THAT IN THE PAST............

That is what you wrote in your first post. I think you do have trust issues with him and from what you posted, you should if you are looking for proof.

Maybe she wasnt snooping.... I found some things of my fiances in our closet and being curious I read one of them.... I didnt go looking for them or anything I was just cleaning out a closet and they fell out of a binder.... I was snooping and maybe she wasnt either. I have never even considered him cheating on me and I trust and love him.... it was all out of curiosity for me.....

as for the poster--- I would put them back dont mention them... and take it as not meaning a thing.... If my fiance freaked out about all my old junior high school "love" Letters we would fight for a century.... I kept all of mine becuase they keep memories of when I was yonger and it is so much fun sometimes to just get them out and read them.... I cant believe how immature my friends and I were back then....

Old 02-13-2004, 04:01 PM   #10

ace_chick01 HB User

i think u should just get over it. he doesnt exactly have to tell u about it. its from ages ago and if u know u 2 r in love why does it matter? Everyone keeps old love stuff.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:30 AM   #11

so_confuzzled HB User

<teehee> sorry i love reading responses, for one, I think maybe you are worried a little bit about him cheating because he is with you, but thats the thing hes with YOU! NO one else. How did you find them any way? Were you snooping? iM not critizing you or anything like that just curious. I reccomend not mentioning the letters to him that could cause a lot of problems fighting and what not. You sound very young right not be be even living with him. Im 18 almost 19 and I haven't even thought about commiting to someone like that. Maybe you are ready but it sounds like you are a bit immature and you need to concentrate a little bit. Thats probobly way off of the subject. But if your in love im happy for you, youve been with him a long time. That takes a lot for an 18 year old considering you were just 16, wow im amazed Well bye bye and no more snooping

Closed Thread