It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
(female)

jillybelly HB User
Question starting over (how do I...)

Ok, that's it. I've had it. I'm going to get rid of the abuser.

Now, how do I start over? I've been in a relationship for more than a year, I can hardly imagine having to make all new friends and start flirting and dating...

There's this guy though, I'll call him Bob (just because i thought it was funny that the guy is always Bob or george). Well Bob is really nice, funny, cute, etc. We have lots in common, and he's always been nice to me. He thinks I'm a good basketball player (he told me so) and I play basketball against his team every week or so.

He recently asked me to tutor him... I've gone out with him before. Once, a while ago. It was fine, we were really young though...

So anyways, should I get to know Bob better thruogh tutoring him? Shoudl I flirt with him while tutoring? Would that be taking advantage? We're only in high school...

I need advice please!!! I just had a really bad relationship where my boyfriend used to beat me up and control me. I need to learn to do things the right way. I want to recouperate.

thanks,
Jillybelly

Old 02-15-2004, 03:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User
Re: starting over (how do I...)

First of all - Why are you callin this guy "Bob". You said his name was Rendell in your last post... :P

Anyway, you seem to like "bob" so why not see where it goes. I dont think flurtin in tutor'in would be the way to go (as it would really be a waste of time, why not just hang-out?)

I think you'll be fine as far as recoup'in goes. Just dont try to jump back into a relationship too fast. Go slow, see how things go, then think about takin it further. Single life isn't that bad. As long as it doesn't last.....

GL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #3

always HB User

dont' come on too quick... even though some people like that... there are others who don't... [you don't want to scare him away... ] ... little flirting isn't bad... just don't suffocate the poor boy!... you need to take time to recover from your last relationship before jumping strait into a new one... just take it as it comes... i mean they way i met my boyfriend was by showing a little interest, and from there he took the reigns... we didn't rush things... got to really know each other first... and we were a "thing" maybe 6 months after my previous relationship disintergrated... give yourself some time to heal

Old 02-16-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Hello

Since you were in a relationship for over a year and thing went wrong I would give it somtime before you date again. You are young and this is the time for you to seek all opportunities available to you at this age. I am not saying to go out and be a party girl but go single for a while and hang out with the girls. Let the guys flirt with you since you lost out on that for a whole year.

Old 02-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #5
(female)

jillybelly HB User

Hey!

That's a good idea I think I will let the guys hit on me! lol, I'm so bad!

Now... if I could just find a prom date...

Old 02-17-2004, 07:29 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybelly
Hey!

That's a good idea I think I will let the guys hit on me! lol, I'm so bad!

Now... if I could just find a prom date...

You seem like a bright girl and could have a lot going for you in the future. Just take things on step at a time and enjoy life, but if a guy walks into it that your interested in then go for it while your young.

Now for prom!!! You could always go with the girls, A guy that you may have been close friends with, another guy you may like, or me if I was close...lol
Another words, don't sweat it you'll have fun

Closed Thread