It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2004, 08:58 PM   #1

kingtut HB User
Question A question about mono???

Sorry if this isnt in the right place
Im not sure if i have mono but i ache all the time and i have whitespots on the left(mine) side of my tonsils. My throat is moderately sore but it doesnt hurt very badly. Anyone that has had mono could you tell me how long it was before you were back in action??

Old 02-16-2004, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User
Re: A question about mono???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtut
Im not sure if i have mono but i ache all the time and i have whitespots on the left(mine) side of my tonsils. My throat is moderately sore but it doesnt hurt very badly. Anyone that has had mono could you tell me how long it was before you were back in action??
Mono takes a lot out of you. From the description above it sounds more like strep throat to me. Usually with mono you feel so crappy alot of times you can't even get out of bed and you are usually sick with it for weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2004, 03:12 PM   #3

kingtut HB User

yeah it could be strep cause i dont feel to bad. Im going to the Doc tomorrow. I dont really feel bad. Just a really sore throat and a little achy. But i have these white spots on the back of my throat and next to my tonsils and i have no idea what they are.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:45 PM   #4
(female)

2004-1986 HB User

Quote:
I just came back from the doctor today. I thought I had strep throat, but they tested and it came out negative. They said that it could possibly be mono. My symptoms are: very sore throat (makes my teeth and ears hurt), headache, the right side of my neck is swollen (like I swallowd a golf ball), and my eyes even swelled. You should go to the doctor no matter what. They gave me antibiotics and a shot in the butt, litterally.

Old 02-22-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
So have you been to the doc's yet?/ What did they say?

Old 02-22-2004, 04:02 PM   #6

Day_Dreamer13 HB User

Alright,hun when I had mono which wasnt too long ago really sorta sounds similair but when I had mono i had a severe case and had a fever,sorethroat,a bump on the back of my neck,and couldnt go anywhere
It took me two weeks to recover and during it,it was difficult to digest things.....
Good luck and get well very soon
*~Jazzie~*

Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 PM   #7

LinkinParkTennisGumbi23 HB User

I just went to the doc. I have the same thing you have. It's probably strep.

Closed Thread