It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #1

Sugar+Spice HB User
Arrow tooo old?

on the night of valentines our school held its usual dance. well i got asked out by a senior but the fact is is i am a freshman. but my question is... is he too old for me to be dating him? some people at my school have been saying to him that he shouldent be dating a freshmen but some say that we should date what do all of you people out there on the web think b/c i am confused

Last edited by Sugar+Spice; 02-16-2004 at 04:52 PM.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #2

so_confuzzled HB User
Re: is he tooo old?

um well considering your what?? UHHH how old? lol I have no idea i don't remember how old I was as a freshman let me think. wow Ok yes your young your what like 14? 15 uM He may really like u if he asked you out, but for one your paren'ts really might not like the age difference, hes about to graduate highschool. IM not trying to sound mean but a lot of senior guys will ask freshman girls out because they are young and "Pure" im not saying hes like that just warning you that if you go out with him be careful ok???? I think that you are too young because hes 18 thats illegal to be dating him if your not 16 i think? Sorry im a little bit tired right now. Get to know him first, be his friend first, if he won't be your friend first then don't hang with him that should give you a clue. I bet if a senior is asking you out then plenty of freshman boys will be crawling at your feet. take it slow do't rush into dating somone much older then you, you are still very young.. Good luck-chrys

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2004, 11:54 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I would insist that you get to know him better. He is about to graduate and guys that age typically have one thing on mind..... If he is 18 and you are under 16 it is leagal to date but you wont beable to kiss him or do anything more. In most states you have to be 16 in order for you to to have any type of sexual relationship, but I think you are still too young for that.
If you were to date make it clear it is just on those terms because if he did care about you then he would understand(for his sake).

Old 02-17-2004, 05:50 PM   #4

Kristina2 HB User

it is not really that bad. If you are mature person than i think its okay. But if you are not that mature than no. I am totaly a different person from when i was a freshman and now i am a senior.

Old 02-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina2
it is not really that bad. If you are mature person than i think its okay. But if you are not that mature than no. I am totaly a different person from when i was a freshman and now i am a senior.

I got one question "what does this mean...lol" if he is 18 and she 14 it is a bad thing if sexual activity is involved. I do understand if they were mature about it but at that age anything could happen. I would just hate for him to screw up his future over this.

Old 02-17-2004, 07:39 PM   #6

so_confuzzled HB User

Yeah i totally agree she is very young, it could be a huge mistake, especially if her parents find out because if they kiss or something they could call rape and that is not something you want to deal with. My friend was nineteen was dating a 14 year old it was sick.. Her parents found out they kissed he went to jail has to put hes a molester on all job applications, be smart don't date him until your older

Old 02-18-2004, 07:12 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_cunfuzzled
Yeah i totally agree she is very young, it could be a huge mistake, especially if her parents find out because if they kiss or something they could call rape and that is not something you want to deal with. My friend was nineteen was dating a 14 year old it was sick.. Her parents found out they kissed he went to jail has to put hes a molester on all job applications, be smart don't date him until your older

amen

Old 02-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #8

so_confuzzled HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
amen
lol thanx just don't want her to rush into things and she hasn't replyed HelloOOO were are you lol is our advice helping? I hope so, eight ball i see your replies a lot youve got some pretty good adive!!!*applause* -chrys

Old 02-18-2004, 02:32 PM   #9

always HB User

i don't think there's anything "wrong" per say, i've seen a 2 year gap work, but both parties and their parents were okay with it... personally, i think it's a bad idea, that is too much of a gap in years and expecially this young... not so much physical even, more so just maturity level, [yep including emotional]... the fact that anything he does may make someone cry, "rape", is enough of a problem... and besides, i think so confuzzled made a good point- a lot of older guys will ask younger girls for those reasons... i suppose though, if you two are so set on having a relationships... if you talk to your parents about it and see how they feel and make sure that nothing serious happens [even though you're young, a lot can be messed up by doing something "stupid"], then maybe it'd be okay... but, the chances aren't that great, you're better off going more towards your age until your a bit older...

Old 02-18-2004, 02:37 PM   #10

so_confuzzled HB User

Yeah if your that serious about it totally make sur eyou talk to your parents if its not cool with them don't do it you don't wanna hurt your relationship with your parents because of something like this. But if you really wanna try it then do just be carefule

Old 02-18-2004, 06:30 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User
Re: tooo old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar+Spice
on the night of valentines our school held its usual dance. well i got asked out by a senior but the fact is is i am a freshman. but my question is... is he too old for me to be dating him? some people at my school have been saying to him that he shouldent be dating a freshmen but some say that we should date what do all of you people out there on the web think b/c i am confused
Well that is a personal decision. In my opinion he isn't to old but age is just a number in my mind. If you feel uncomfrotable in anyway I would definetly avoid the situation.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:45 PM   #12

Sugar+Spice HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_cunfuzzled
lol thanx just don't want her to rush into things and she hasn't replyed HelloOOO were are you lol is our advice helping? I hope so, eight ball i see your replies a lot youve got some pretty good adive!!!*applause* -chrys
ya sorry i havent replyed in a while but the relationship dident quite work out but thankx for the advice all of you

Old 02-19-2004, 07:55 AM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar+Spice
ya sorry i havent replyed in a while but the relationship dident quite work out but thankx for the advice all of you

In the long wrong it was the best for the both of you....Keep your head up and you'll find someone

Old 02-22-2004, 09:28 AM   #14
(female)

bre200789 HB User
Re: tooo old?

Sorry that the relationship didn't work out quite well.

Last edited by bre200789; 02-22-2004 at 09:32 AM.

Closed Thread