It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2004, 07:15 PM   #1
(female)

jillybelly HB User
Talking awesome news on the abuse topic!

Ok, I dumped him.

Today he was harrassing me, but I told some of my teachers and my close friends, so I got away from it all after.

Now, in an earlier post I wrote about this other guy who I've been talking to lately, who is really nice and really cute. Well I asked him to my prom today and he's going with me!!!!!

Yipee!! Finally something good in my life.

In fact, I've been talkign to all of my old friends who I'd lost because of the abuser and they were all sorry about what happened (i didn't tell all of it), and were very glad I'd left him. Everyone (even people I wasn't close to) had known something wrong was going on. Even my teachers had suspected it.

One of my friends, he said that it was a good thing he doesn't know exactly what Donald (abuser) had done to me because he probably would have killed Donald.

It feels so great to finally be in contact with the world again. I was so worried about stupid things. I was afraid that people were going to say horrible thigns about me. It turns out the opposite, everybody says the truth about Donald. I thought I'd never get anybody to go to my graduation with me, and I got my dream date (lol)

I talked to my teachers who I'd been too depressed to get my homework done for, they totally understood and were very supportful.

Things are finally starting to turn around for me. I'm finally starting to live again. I still hurt. of course. Very much in fact. I had to say goodbye for good to Donald tonight. He was so... sad?? I dunno. I just felt horrible, like a part of me was dying. But, I'm happy in the fact that the dying part is my worst part. Now I can be a healthy happy person again!!!

hehehe, thanks everyone who gave me advice, and thanks everyone who just plain commented. I very much appreciate it!

Jillybelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2004, 09:32 PM   #2

so_confuzzled HB User
Re: awesome news on the abuse topic!

im glad everything turned out ok. Just don't move to fast with this dream guy k? you just got out of something terrible, don't move to fast ok you must not im serious its not a good move, enjoy prom get to know him have fun but nothing serious take it slow at first, good luck!!!!! im glad everyone understood*SMILE*

Old 02-18-2004, 06:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lane71501 HB User
Re: awesome news on the abuse topic!

good deal jilly!
it takes a lot of courage to stand up for yourself and get out while the gettin' is good! it is great that you also were able to talk with your friends and teachers for support. it amazed me how many people loved me when i got rid of my loser. good luck from an "old" woman!

Closed Thread