It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

MotherOfAPrincess HB User
Question For All Teens I Guess

I have a question about something called "RAVE"....I know I'm outta touch but I bought my daughter these light up pacifiers just for fun to take on a school trip (3days) away from home...she thought they'd be fun for her and her friend to wear in the motel (they're only 9)a friend of mine said I was crazy that those are a rave thing....What does that mean????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2004, 10:21 AM   #2

t-dash HB User
Re: For All Teens I Guess

Raves are usually giant 'dance' parties. Huge lights and laser shows with a DJ, lots of neon and glowing stuff and a huge dance floor. Trance/techno/club music it usually played. No alcohol is served but drugs are really easy to optain (though not officially allowed, everyone has some or is willing to share or sell some for cheap). Typically everyone is on something except for the few who are really against taking drugs. Mostly E [Ecstasy aka 3 or 4-MethyleneDioxyMethamphetamine], Special K [special K is Ketamine, VERY BAD, used as a date-rape drug], there is also Ephedrine a 'legal' form of E supposedly, and GHB [another date-rape drug], then there is LSD and Magic Mushrooms. Those are the ones I see at the raves I go to. I don't buy because I like my brain functioning, some kids die or get brain damage from this stuff [though only once in a blue moon]. They have cool down tents and what not for the kids who over heat. The age range is usually 12-24, though I wish they'd keep it 16 and up insted. 12 year olds are do young to be showing at those.

Anyway what your friend means is those light up pacifiers are just glow toys raver chicks take to Raves. Since alot of people are on hallucinogens or feel-good drugs, every thing that glows just makes things alot funner, trippier. But the item itself is harmless... just a novelty item mostly used by Ravers... Teens take these to dances at schools and stuff so its not RAVE exclusive. Just because your kid wants to bring them with her doesn't mean she's going to go raving, or even has that in mind. Should be harmless, though might attract the wrong attention if she's out on the streets at night, but unlikely if she's 9. No worries k?

And Raves are different depending on what city you're in... maybe there are clean raves?? Does anyone out there go to any drug free raves? I've never seen any.

t dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherOfAPrincess
I have a question about something called "RAVE"....I know I'm outta touch but I bought my daughter these light up pacifiers just for fun to take on a school trip (3days) away from home...she thought they'd be fun for her and her friend to wear in the motel (they're only 9)a friend of mine said I was crazy that those are a rave thing....What does that mean????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherOfAPrincess

Hi,
I just happened to come across your post. I honestly wouldn't worry about it since your daughter is only 9. I think your friend is going a little overboard. Yes, light-up and glow in the dark items are popular rave accessories, but your daughter is only 9. I have a 4 year old daugher who loves anything that lights up or glows.

Hilery

Last edited by hilery79; 02-18-2004 at 10:29 AM.

Old 02-18-2004, 12:35 PM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Check out <deleted> ~this site should give a you a good overview.

Last edited by tntmod5; 02-18-2004 at 06:03 PM.

Old 02-20-2004, 09:31 AM   #5

goatofthenever HB User

people use the pacifiers becouse mdma makes thier teeth clench, and like everyone said, the light is tripy

Old 03-12-2004, 01:28 AM   #6
(female)

tye03 HB User

I have no idea what the Rave connection is since I dont do that stuff. However, I do know that I used to have some of those. We used to get ours from the county fair (family oriented, mind you, lol), lol, so I don't see much harm in them.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:00 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tye03
I have no idea what the Rave connection is since I dont do that stuff. However, I do know that I used to have some of those. We used to get ours from the county fair (family oriented, mind you, lol), lol, so I don't see much harm in them.

There no harm in having glow sticks or any glow items. Glow items don't refer that only yave people use them. Glow sticks have been around before raves were even big.

I remember going to the circus when I was little and having a glow necklace. When the light went out kids would wave them in joy.

Glow sticks are huge to the rave culture because most of the people there are tripping off drugs and they find the light very amusing for some reason. They people dance with the lights and twirle them around like a botone

Closed Thread