It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 08:01 PM   #1

Brujeria HB User
Lip piercing?

Any body have one....i want to get one, i did some research but i wanna get info from a person who has one!

Did it hurt? a lot
where should i put it, i'm a straight male guy, i heard if u put it in the left your gay
is it a lot of trouple to take care?
does it bother u a lot?
R u happy u got one?
Males, did u get more ladies? (like i care )

but yeah, PLEASE, give me some feedbacks, also ppl who had a lip piercing and had taken it off, do u have a big hole?

Old 02-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #2
(female)

pjchik HB User
Re: Lip piercing?

Hi there! I know you want people with personal experience with lip piercing, but since my best friend doesn't have an internet connection...well, maybe I can help. I was with her for almost all of her piercings. She didn't seem to think anything about getting it done. It didn't hurt her. They do tend to swell a little, but she said even that didn't hurt. They're no more trouble to take care of than any piercing. What the piercer (?) recommended was to use Listerine to get rid of icky bacteria (for the inside) and use a q-tip with some anti biotic kind of ointment on the outside. I don't know about the left/right sign of gayness. Although I can remember that being a "thing" for guys who got their ears pierced back in the 80's. She liked all of her piercings, but had to take them out after having her son. He like to pull on them...ouch! As far as I know, there's no huge hole. After taking it out, it just healed. There's like a little circular thing, and that was it. Hmmm, now that you mention it, I do seem to remember more chicks hitting on her after she got it. I don't know how much thought you've actually given to this. So I'll give you my big speech about tattoo/piercing shops. Above all, make sure they're clean. Talk to them, ask them their policies, how they do business. Ask around, see who people recommend. You know, that kind of thing. Happy piercing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Lip piercings are tricky, and it is common for the body to reject them. I am female, and I have had my lip pierced a total of 5 times. The first was a labret, but I had to take it out because the back of it rubbed off my gums at the bottom of my two bottom front teeth, and I almost had to have a skin graft. After that, I tried piercing the left and right sides of my bottom lip...a total of two times on each side (not at the same time though). The first try ended up with the piercings never healing right...and at the 9 month mark, I took them out, and a few months later, had them repierced in a different location/angle that I hoped they would heal better. They never did heal correctly, so after about 8 months, I took them out and gave up. I love the look of a lip piercing, but they are restrictive. Hard kissing can make the jewelry stab and cut your gums. Wearing a ring in your labret instead of a stud results in not being able to drink very well without a straw, hehe.

I won't lie to you, it does hurt...and the swelling and pain after the piercing is very bothersome too....but hey, it can't be that bad if I went through it 5 times, right?

Make sure you want it for yourself, not to "get girls" or anything like that. Lip piercings require lots of aftercare, so make sure it is something you really want and are willing to deal with the consequences that arise. As far as location, the labret is probably more common on a guy, but I have a couple guy friends that also have the sides of the bottom lip done...it's just a matter of preference.

Good luck.

Old 02-19-2004, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

P.S. If you do go through with the piercing, whether a labret or a side of the lip, I would advise you to have the initial piercing done with a barbel or labret type jewelry long enough to allow for swelling. From my experience, if the initial piercing is done with a ring, during the healing process it is normal for the jewelry to get crusties on it. When wearing a ring in the lip, eating or talking causes the ring to spin around in your lip, and when parts of the ring that has crusties on it goes into the actual piercing hole, it is VERY, VERY painful, as I am sure you can imagine, as it scrapes against the unhealed tissues. You can always insert rings after proper healing is reached.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #5

BP Jack HB User

devastated hit the nail on the head i have been piercing for almost 3 years and i couldnt of explained the care any better the only thing i would add is friecuency of cleaning you need to make sure to rence with deluted listerine after every time you eat smoke wake sleep as for pain every one is diferent there for asking if it hurts is not a good question due to every ones nerves react diferently to pain as for the hole if you take it out and let it heal there will be a lil divet were the hole was as for side or any thing ive herd it both ways so i think thats just a 12year olds supper stition and for atraction they will of corse attract pepole who are interested in piercings and pep who are more on the edge

Old 02-19-2004, 03:26 PM   #6

Brujeria HB User

i have a piercing on my left ear, its been a year now....when i first got it, it hurted, i'm not a big p**ssy for pain, i can stand it, but really after a while i got use to it. still have it.....4 months ago i got like a big bubble of blood around the piercing and it hurted like hell, i had to pop it and blood would come out, lil' puss, do u think i would be allegric to some metals? or what?

I wanna get a lip piercing because i like piercings! ...its cool, i don't wanna get it just because for the girls. (besides i can get them no matter what ) lol kidding ...but yeah...thxs u guys for the info!!!

Old 02-22-2004, 08:31 PM   #7

Brujeria HB User

i guess not then? lol...n 1 can help me out

Old 02-23-2004, 06:43 AM   #8
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujeria
i have a piercing on my left ear, its been a year now....when i first got it, it hurted, i'm not a big p**ssy for pain, i can stand it, but really after a while i got use to it. still have it.....4 months ago i got like a big bubble of blood around the piercing and it hurted like hell, i had to pop it and blood would come out, lil' puss, do u think i would be allegric to some metals? or what?

I wanna get a lip piercing because i like piercings! ...its cool, i don't wanna get it just because for the girls. (besides i can get them no matter what ) lol kidding ...but yeah...thxs u guys for the info!!!
The best thing is to stay away from cheap jewelry. At a minimum it should be made of surgical steel. Gold or silver is better. Cheap jewelry will turn anybody's piercing green, and if you don't take care of it it will get infected. It's not a bad idea to have a couple of really nice pieces that you rotate in using and CLEAN them when you take them out.

Closed Thread