It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 07:05 AM   #1

soccerprodigy77 HB User
opinions/help please

Okay, not to sound concetied or anything like that, not to show off or boast, but i have a question:

Alright, i am a good looking guy. And have been told so countless times. In fact since school started in September, about 22 times or more, or a few times evry week since. not only at school, but outside of school as well. I am serious, ive counted. Everyone thinks im a pimp, and that i could get laid and have gotten laid all the time. (Not true, cuz i am a virgin). Ive been told that im so cute that i could get any girl i 'wanted'....haha, uh, if not for my confidence thing, i could do that, good thing is im working on it....anyhow... i even have a 'groupie', bunches of girls that like me, and have no shame not to show it. When i go around to places, random women come up to me asking me my name and number. Even older women... in thier 20's and such. this happens often. My parents know it and scare off evry girl that calls our house. The only way to get me on the phone when my parents answer is to say 'Homework'. When i walk on the side walk, they honk in thier cars. PLEASE DONT THINK I AM BIG HEADED OR ANYTHING...THIS ALL REALLY HAPPENS.

This is very new and weird to me. Dont get me wrong, i love the attention, hehe, and its cool. But its weird. When someone comes up to me and tells me 'youre cute' or 'youre sexy', i get sorta embarrassed, mutter a thank you, and run and hide myself in my locker, or in a book, or quikly find someone else to talk to. so my question is, how would you all deal with that? What would you say to someone that came up to you and said that? I dont think i handle it well enough, especially if im running away....oh...and its not because im gay...cuz im not. So...opinions...help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: opinions/help please

Please don't think I am knocking you....but I think you ego is a little to high. It seems why this may be happening is because someone else is telling you somthing you allready know. My theory to this is called "all eyes on me".

Here is an Example:

I remember I made a great play when I was playing in a baseball game once and the crowd was cheering me on and my team members were proud of me. Now I know I did somthing good but I didn't want to show it. I hid in the dugout cause i was embarressed that "all eyes were on me".

I somtime have these moments when I know I have done good or people are speaking about me in a good manor and my ego would run a little high but I scared of for some reason.

This is nothing to be ashamed of...eventually your break out of it...goodluck

Old 02-19-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Oh yeah, well.... well... my mommy says I'm handsome!!!

Usually, when someone says that I'm cute or something--which happens all the time, I just smile and nod. I never know what to say though...

Last edited by Will M.; 02-19-2004 at 02:18 PM.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:47 PM   #4

t-dash HB User

Actually thats nothing special, you know how many people get that? The people saying those things to you are probably saying it to 5 other guys the same day. I dunno, maybe I just hung around a crowd of good looking people but guys and girls, we'd all get alot of attention, in my own observation, I'd say like 50% or more of the highschool population is considered good looking people, with the other 50% kinda freaky. I also had the groupy thing, I was involved with alot of community theater and sports and I had huge fan clubs, and my friends who played varsity basketball had even bigger groupies too, its just a common thing, there's enough girls to go around around yah know. So just write this off as normal. Some people get more attention than others, but alot of people do get this sort of attention on a regular basis, just treat it as normal and don't be shy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerprodigy77
Okay, not to sound concetied or anything like that, not to show off or boast, but i have a question:

Alright, i am a good looking guy. And have been told so countless times. In fact since school started in September, about 22 times or more, or a few times evry week since. not only at school, but outside of school as well. I am serious, ive counted. Everyone thinks im a pimp, and that i could get laid and have gotten laid all the time. (Not true, cuz i am a virgin). Ive been told that im so cute that i could get any girl i 'wanted'....haha, uh, if not for my confidence thing, i could do that, good thing is im working on it....anyhow... i even have a 'groupie', bunches of girls that like me, and have no shame not to show it. When i go around to places, random women come up to me asking me my name and number. Even older women... in thier 20's and such. this happens often. My parents know it and scare off evry girl that calls our house. The only way to get me on the phone when my parents answer is to say 'Homework'. When i walk on the side walk, they honk in thier cars. PLEASE DONT THINK I AM BIG HEADED OR ANYTHING...THIS ALL REALLY HAPPENS.

This is very new and weird to me. Dont get me wrong, i love the attention, hehe, and its cool. But its weird. When someone comes up to me and tells me 'youre cute' or 'youre sexy', i get sorta embarrassed, mutter a thank you, and run and hide myself in my locker, or in a book, or quikly find someone else to talk to. so my question is, how would you all deal with that? What would you say to someone that came up to you and said that? I dont think i handle it well enough, especially if im running away....oh...and its not because im gay...cuz im not. So...opinions...help?

Closed Thread