It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #1

JulieAileen HB User
Exclamation AP Classes

Do any of you take, or have ever taken, AP class(es)? I am in AP European History right now, and it's been tolerable. The class isn't actually that hard, if you read the required assignments. Right now I have an 86%.

My main problem is that I am concerned about the AP Exam in May. All of the rest of the students in the class have already taken one or more AP courses, but this is my first time.

My teacher is only 24, so he's rather inexperienced. It doesn't help that he barely teaches us -- mostly, we are expected to read and take notes. He himself isn't even familiar with the material. I didn't even write my first DBQ until a few days ago.

I really want to get at least a 4 on the exam. Can anyone sympathize?

Old 02-27-2004, 05:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Re: AP Classes

Hey, I've taken AP classes and hated them. I thought you had to get at least a 95% or higher in the class in order to stay in it? Maybe that's just here or for English or something. I can't really tell you about the exams because I'm sure every school/city/state exam is different. Don't sweat it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
(female)

mystiq86 HB User

I really empathize. I took A/P US History and I really hated it. Love the teacher, but hated the class. If you don't pass the test, don't sweat it. Don't go in nervous either, you'll only freak yourself out and then you'll do really bad on the test. If you want to sincerely do well on the test go to Barns & Noble and pick up a study guide; otherwise, don't stress. Getting a 1 on an A/P test isn't the end of the world.

Old 03-03-2004, 06:21 AM   #4

soccerprodigy77 HB User

I took AP Government as a Sophmore and got a 4 on the exam. It was a boring class but interesting. and for me to get a score like that is a miracle. im serious. Best thing to do is not to stress. A lot of the people in my class that you would expect to ace the exam ended up getting a 2 or 3. Thats cuz they spazzed out over it. Try to get your hands on one of the AP books by the Princeton Review. It really helps, even if your teacher is all that great. It gives you 2 practice tests and the answers with explanntions on em. as well as important information about the topic. other than that, calm down. practoce your essays on your free time. eat eggs before the exam....helped me

p.s. AP Exams are not based on City/State, ect. Its by the College Board, so exams given in Illinois are the same in Houston.

Last edited by soccerprodigy77; 03-03-2004 at 06:23 AM.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:17 AM   #5
(male)

Foogoo HB User

Stop worrying!

If you really do not think your teacher is prepared, go check out a couple ap books at the library and get some independent studying done.

If you really do do bad on the ap test, don't sweat it. Im in college now and ap tests aren't all that they make them out to be in high school. Enjoy life!

Closed Thread