It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2004, 12:28 PM   #1

butterflyz87 HB User
What people would think...

I'm 16 and i really want to learn how to skateboard. Do u think i'm to old to learn? And others would just think i'm doin it to fit in and for the guys, but i'm not, i'm serious. My friends think i want to learn becuz i love sk8r guys, and i want them to like me. I can admit that's a very very small part of it, but mostly i just want to learn, it looks really fun and interesting, i know alot about it to. so please help, will i be able to w/out people thinking that i'm a poser? thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2004, 02:16 PM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: What people would think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyz87
I'm 16 and i really want to learn how to skateboard. Do u think i'm to old to learn? And others would just think i'm doin it to fit in and for the guys, but i'm not, i'm serious. My friends think i want to learn becuz i love sk8r guys, and i want them to like me. I can admit that's a very very small part of it, but mostly i just want to learn, it looks really fun and interesting, i know alot about it to. so please help, will i be able to w/out people thinking that i'm a poser? thanx

If your want to do somthing then go ahead and do it, because if you wait in 10 years you'll be asking yourself "why didn't I do this". Trust me go with the flow abd don't worry what other people say

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2004, 07:44 AM   #3
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Hey, girls just wanna have fun! Go down to the local board shop and see about some lessons. You'll pick up the basic skills more quickly and not learn bad habits. Let's face it, it's about having fun and being a part of a social/lifestyle group. Do it because you have an interest in it, not just as an excuse to meet the cute sk8r guys. That's why you need lessons. You'll need to show that you want to skate first and socialize later. Otherwise, you are a poser.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:46 AM   #4

butterflyz87 HB User

thanx, i might just do that! me and my friend are gonna start this spring once it's warm enough so we can be pretty good by the end of the summer, we've been planning this for like a month now.We're gonna have and awesome time! thanx again

Old 02-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
(male)

bleestic HB User

skatin can be alot of fun but u hav to think about the injuries involved with it especially as ur a girl. its almost impossible to not injure urself wen skatin no matter how gud u r. wot im sayin is jus take it a step at a time n stick to wot u can do then u can avoid serious injuries. also jus hav fun!

Old 02-28-2004, 06:36 PM   #6

butterflyz87 HB User

hey thanx for the heads up! and yes i've realized i can get injured from it, the guy i used to like was skatin like 3 weeks ago and he fell onto the rail landing his stomach, and the day b-4 that he hurt his arm, so ya i realize the painful injuries but it just looks really fun! thanx

Old 03-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #7
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Hey, I think it's great! We need more female skaters! I've been skateboarding since I was 11, now I am almsot 16, so it's been a little over 4 years. The key to skateboarding is have confidence, and persistence. Never give up. Once you have basic balance down, and keep it up for over 3 months, you'll have it. It took me a while to get going, but once I did, I couldn't stop, and I learn something every day. Don't be afraid to ask other skaters for help and tips, ect. And yes, guys will be all over you. They'll want to 'help' you, heh, heh--be careful.

Closed Thread