It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #1

awe12345678 HB User
Unhappy Please help!!

Ok I'm 16 and this guy named Brian is 20 but he doesn't act like he is older than me or anything and i am really comfortable with him. I really like him and i have known and had a crush on him since i was like 6. My stepmom grew up w/ his parents and they have been friends forever... and last summer we really hit it off.. he finally said he liked me and he even tried to kiss me.. i was a little scared because i hadn't made out with anyone before.. so i backed away and now i regret it. I like him more than ever and it seems that he likes me too but he hasn't made an effort like he did before.. like calling me.. or writing me emails ect. When we are in person i feel like i could fall asleep just looking at him and i fell like he likes me too. And hes always the first person to instant message me. I feel so strongly about him and i think i may have distroyed any chance of us getting together last summer when i backed away from his kiss. I am really shy! What can i do to let him know that i still like him without flat out telling him? Do you think that he is interested? Thanks for the help!

Last edited by awe12345678; 02-29-2004 at 08:05 PM.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:14 PM   #2

Devilishkitten HB User
Re: Please help!!

You could always drop him a hint! Say something that would give him a hint you have feelings for him. Or sit down and start a conversation about how your shy and how sometimes you wish you you could put your shyness on hold. How you hate how it gets in the way of things you want, Or how you feel being shy has made you miss out on stuff...Maybe he would get the hint. Or be brave and just out and tell him.

Either way good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2004, 06:41 AM   #3

soccerprodigy77 HB User

Hey, just be careful....the guy is 20...doesnt matter how nice or how well you know him. Just be careful. What do your parents say about this? do they even know? i had a friend that was in the same scenario....thought they knew the guy through and through....didnt end up very nicely. at all. Brian is an adult, you are not.

Last edited by soccerprodigy77; 03-01-2004 at 06:42 AM.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:49 AM   #4

t-dash HB User

Hah, just think of it this way, if you go for him... he could be graduated from University with a 3 year degree before you graduate from Highschool. Your life styles could conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awe12345678
Ok I'm 16 and this guy named Brian is 20 but he doesn't act like he is older than me or anything and i am really comfortable with him. I really like him and i have known and had a crush on him since i was like 6. My stepmom grew up w/ his parents and they have been friends forever... and last summer we really hit it off.. he finally said he liked me and he even tried to kiss me.. i was a little scared because i hadn't made out with anyone before.. so i backed away and now i regret it. I like him more than ever and it seems that he likes me too but he hasn't made an effort like he did before.. like calling me.. or writing me emails ect. When we are in person i feel like i could fall asleep just looking at him and i fell like he likes me too. And hes always the first person to instant message me. I feel so strongly about him and i think i may have distroyed any chance of us getting together last summer when i backed away from his kiss. I am really shy! What can i do to let him know that i still like him without flat out telling him? Do you think that he is interested? Thanks for the help!

Last edited by t-dash; 03-01-2004 at 07:50 AM.

Old 03-01-2004, 09:40 AM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Some people allready know my story with my GF but I am 22 and she is to 16.

I have known her for 2 years and her mom has got to know me quite well. Her mom accepts me she doesn't like our age difference but does not see me as a threat to her.

If you like him in the same way then I would say go for it

I would watch out though. Even though your parents agree with this and know him well you still have to watch your moves. Depending on your state laws he could get introuble if you both to bring your relationship to the next step. I would take things slow at first...even though you know him you really don't know what he is looking for in a relationship and I would sit down and talk to him about that.

I am sure he must be a great guy if you like hime but you both are from 2 different worlds. You still in high school and he of course is out of HS.

At the begining of our relationship all we did was fight. For the first 2 months it was very hard to predict how our future together was going to be like. We would fight over things like what she would do with her friends and what I would do with my friends when we went out. For the past 3 months thing have been strong and getting stronger. Our love for each other kept things alive during those 2 months. Today we still fight but it is normal couple stuff.

I guess what I am saying is except the fact you both are from 2 differents eras and you'll have differences but to make it work stay strong
If we have problems we openly discuss them without leeting the steam build up. This also may sound tacky but we both write in journal about our feelings and every week I take her and she takes mine to read it. Then we talk from there. Be open and strong and it will last

Closed Thread