It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2004, 04:49 PM   #1

sapphire912 HB User
Question who has a tattoo on there lower back?

I've always wanted a tattoo since i was a little girl. I've been doing alot of thinking about ever since last year. I decide what i want and i'm going to do it next month . A tattoo of a purple & pink butterfly on my lower back with tribal line on the side.

the question is will hurt so bad lijke everybody say? what can i expect? how long will it take to heal. tell me your expreience with your tattoos. thanks

Old 03-02-2004, 05:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: who has a tattoo on there lower back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire912
the question is will hurt so bad lijke everybody say? what can i expect? how long will it take to heal. tell me your expreience with your tattoos. thanks

Your first question that depends on you. I have 8 tats and so far only one has been truly painful and that was on my right hip. The one on my left foot didnt even hurt. Mostly I would say for me it is more uncomfortable than painful. But as for how it will feel to you only you will be able to decide that. As for healing that can vary too,depends on how fast your body normally heals and of course if you take proper care of it. Tattoos are not as easy as one would think because you do have to take care of it and follow the rules the tattoo artist tells you or else it can screw up the tattoo or even lead to an infection for you.
Make sure you pick a tattoo artist who has some decent experience and clean work place. Ask questions of him and if some repeat customers are there talk to them about their work. Ask to see if he has pics of tats he has done. If you dont feel comfortable with that artist find one you are comfortable with. If he/she doesnt asnwer your questions or gives dogdy answers turn around and run from the place because chances are he/she isnt the right artist for you.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 06:12 PM   #3

MandyJ HB User

It's soo funny that I found this questions in the posts because I myself have always wanted a tatoo on the bottom of my back and finally last Saturday night (3 days ago) I went and had it done. It did not hurt at all, but it does depend on how well you tolerate pain. I have 3 friends with tatoo's on the small of their back and 2 said that it hurt and 1 said that they did not feel anything. I myself felt a little bit of *****ly feeling at the begining during the outlining but then it kind-of went numb and I did not feel any of the coloring. The next day I was sore and had to wear low rise pants so that it did not rub up on it or anything but it's not as bad as people say it is. It did not "hurt" maybe just a little uncomfortable at the beginging- but let me tell you it was well worth it- I love it!! It takes about 5 days to heal. Although I did get it for me- I also got it for my husband- he thinks that it is soo sexy for a women to have a tatoo there and many other people (even other women) have agreed.

Good luck to you in what you choose to do. What you described about what you want done sounds very beautiful. Just make sure that tatoo artist is well known and does good -clean work.

MandyJ

Married- May 2003
DD= 3-19-98
DS= 10-4-00
TTC #3 since 5-03

Last edited by MandyJ; 03-02-2004 at 06:16 PM.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

It seems everybody is different as far as pain goes with tattoo locations. I have two full sleeves, a large chest piece, the back of my neck, and a large piece on my lower back. For me, my lower back was much more painful than anything else...even my elbows, but it varies from person to person. You might be tempted to take some asprin or drink a bit before you go, but don't, as asprin and alcohol thins your blood and will make you bleed more.

Make sure you go to a reputable shop, there are a LOT of tattoo artists out there who, in blatant terms, suck. Make sure you check out the artists portfolio, to make sure you like their style of work, and that it is quality work. Where do you live? I may be able to recommend a shop to you...

Closed Thread