It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 12:41 PM   #1

Michael Andrews HB User
Unhappy Why is the Sun so painful!?

Whenever I'm exposed to the Sunlight I get a headache within seconds to minutes of being in it. And when I'm in the direct rays of the Sun, it instantly gives me a painful, irretating, burning feeling on my skin. I've heard that people with blue eyes(like me) are usually more light sensitive than others. Is this the reason, or is it something more? Please help.

Old 03-05-2004, 04:54 AM   #2
(male)

qwerty123 HB User
Re: Why is the Sun so painful!?

It could be two things

1) If your on any type of medication, I know on accutane it makes you more sensitive to sunlight so if your on any medication look at the side effects.

2) Maybe it's just how you are, it happens, your not alone, there are probably others out there so don't worry about it and just stay cool in the shade

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #3

Michael Andrews HB User

No, I'm not on any medications. Is there a name for what I have so I can look further into it?

Old 03-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Michael - I don't know if there is a name to what you have but
sounds to me you are just sensitive to the Sun Rays..
My Italian mother and my sister are very sensitive to the Sun. My sister has gotten sun poisening serveral times...Funny isn't it I can stay out in the sun all day and not burn..just get really dark.

Wear lots of Sun protection, wear a hat, shades, drink lots of water and try to stay in a shaded area.

Good Luck.

Old 03-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #5

always HB User

photophobia... it's a sensitivity to light... i have it... it sucks... that really only explains the head aches... not sure about the skin... could just be your skin type... [... fair skin seems to have troubles with sun... ] ... sometimes genetics just suck...

Old 03-07-2004, 07:19 AM   #6

SweetTemptation HB User

Hi. It sounds like you may be allergic to the sun. Do you turn bright red really fast after being in the sun, even if its not very hot out? I suggest you go to your doctor and find out, because if you are allergic to the sun, it can become very serious if youre in it for too long. It sounds more like a serious issue than just sensitivity. Go get it checked out

Closed Thread