It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 08:43 PM   #1

Passion4BskBall HB User
Exclamation Should i be embarressed? Help plz

before i have exclaimed that i liked a guy but he wasnt making a move. i have tried to let him know that he isnt really my type and would rather we just stay friends, but havnt put into words. well, i have sorta moved my eyes to a guy, Rocky, he is cute, and funny and he also seems to like me. In spanish, at the beginning of the first term, we clicked, right away, we were partners for everything and finally the teacher brought it to our attention that we need to start getting diff. partners, well my guess is i think my spanish teacher knows we like eachother or he senses it. the is another friend Kristen who would also be in our group sometimes, and well he changed the seating chart, he moved kristen way across the room but kept me and Rocky very close to eachother, even still rocky wants me for his partner, he will call me (i sit behind him) and will tell me to come up and be his partner or help him in something. Well one time a while ago we were allowed to put our heads down in class because it was the end of the hour and a friday, we both had our heads down facing eachother, i had my eyes closed and when i opended them he was sorta looking at me but then closed his eyes, another situation is, he was looking at someones drawing that sat inbetween us and i would look over at her drawing then i looked at him, and he looked at me, we both kinda moved our eyes away. some how our eyes always find eachother, i just want to know, he does like me right? well, oops sorta rattled on huh, well here is the point i am 6' almost 6'1 and he is 5'11 i just want to know, should i be embarrased that i like someone shorter than me. there isnt much of a diff. i dont think. whats ur opinions? and what are someways that i can let him know i like him, maybe i should make the move, or is flirting just good and stable for a while?

Last edited by Passion4BskBall; 03-04-2004 at 08:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: Should i be embarressed? Help plz

Why should height be an issue? He obviously knows you are taller than him and it does not seem to bother him. Does it bother you?

Yes, it does seem like he is attracted to you. Looking into the other's eyes is a good indicator of how someone feels towards them. Maybe he is shy about taking things to the next step, so if you want to make the first move, go ahead. At the least, you might try to mention that there is a good movie or something you would like to see, then casually mention none of your friends want to go with you, thus giving him the chance to step in and ask you....you get the idea, I think.

Good luck.

Old 03-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #3
(female)

lifeisbeautiful HB User

hey hun!!

lol i feel ur pain sister, im not quite as tall as you about 5 91/2 but my bf is only 5/8! dont sweat it girl if u like him and he likes u thats all that matters! the situation will be what u make of it. im not gonna lie, people have said stuff to me, but i just laugh and brush it off, cuz u know wat it is kinda funny that hes shorter! but if nething it only makes me love him more... so go for it!

to get to know him better.....find out what u have in common...call him up and ask for homework assignments that u 'forgot' tee hee and start a conversation be like so what did u do last weekend or watnot. keep talkign and see how it goes from there!!

good luck!!

Old 03-06-2004, 10:05 PM   #4

Zerander HB User

hes tall enough for you, and from your story I think he likes you. It must be hard to be that tall though.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:48 PM   #5

basktballchick HB User

hey,
It's weird that I'm in the exact same situation as you! I'm 6' as well, and it's not easy (is it? but from what you've told me, you are this guy have really hit it off!
obviously, flirting is fun *wink* but there will come a time that you'll just get sick of it. if you do, just tell him that you like him! go for it! carpe diem.
the worst thing that can happen is that he says that he hates you and never wants to see you again. (duh, that wouldn't happen...!)
i'll be interested to see what happens with this
as for "should i be embarassed?" if there's anything i've learned about tallness it's that it is better to be tall and confident than tall and...un-confident. just keep your head up.
-megan

Old 03-12-2004, 08:15 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I see height as no issue in this situation. The reason why is he is only 2 inches shorter than you. I feel he may like you and now you both have to make the final step.......

Old 03-12-2004, 06:33 PM   #7

Kimberly32 HB User

Well height doesnt really bother me. if u wont make a big deal out of it or say anything about it he prolly wont even think about it

Closed Thread