It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2004, 01:58 PM   #1

Lucieanna HB User
Confused about the world all the time

Im finding it so diffiuclt to get the world and life in general into perspective. All the time im asking myself questions about life and how the world works and how people can do all these cruel thigns to each other. Is this all just part of growing up or is it something else?

Old 03-05-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
(female)

mystiq86 HB User
Re: Confused about the world all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucieanna
Im finding it so diffiuclt to get the world and life in general into perspective. All the time im asking myself questions about life and how the world works and how people can do all these cruel thigns to each other. Is this all just part of growing up or is it something else?
It is obvious that the older and more mature we are, the more we begin to take a close look at the world around us. Cruelty is a part of growing up. However, try not to look for the hatred and anger in others; instead, try looking at all the great things and people there are in this world. Focus on the good. Give everyone you meet the benefit of the doubt. Since you are finding it so difficult to get the world and life into perspective, take each week as it comes. Then, go on from there. Find out what you love doing, and do it.
NC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2004, 06:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucieanna
There is a lot of curelity and unfairness in this world. You can choose to either become a part of it, try to pretend it doesn't exist and/or withdraw from it, or you can try to make it a better place. For this world to survive, we need more people who want to make it a better place. That doesn't necessarily mean getting active in politics or marching and protesting, it means studying hard so you will be a good world citizen and you will try to be a good person and to be good to others and to not contribute to those who add disorder to the world.

Old 03-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
Veteran

Will M. HB User

I've been interested in the world forever, since I was little, now I'm almost 16 and I still can't figure it out. I'm not sure what your trying to understand, but I'm always asking the questions; mostly questioning the government. Whether your trying to get a better perspective of politics, or just life in general, for me, I get a better perspective by getting involved in progressive movements, like activism. I'm not going to get into what kind of activism, because I don't want to start a big riot. But it's important to ask questions, and listen to what people have to say. Speak your mind as well, and don't be afraid to show dissent.

Old 03-06-2004, 04:33 PM   #5

t-dash HB User

Another Activist poser, my best friend is one of those, we get into awsome arguements, I always take the opposite stance he does just to get a good debate going. Good fun, but really research what you're getting yourself into, because Activist will dump more of their propaganda on you than the governments do, so they're kinda hypocritical.

t dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
I've been interested in the world forever, since I was little, now I'm almost 16 and I still can't figure it out. I'm not sure what your trying to understand, but I'm always asking the questions; mostly questioning the government. Whether your trying to get a better perspective of politics, or just life in general, for me, I get a better perspective by getting involved in progressive movements, like activism. I'm not going to get into what kind of activism, because I don't want to start a big riot. But it's important to ask questions, and listen to what people have to say. Speak your mind as well, and don't be afraid to show dissent.

Old 03-06-2004, 07:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Lucieanna, you're not alone and you shouldn't feel worried. Being concerned about the goings on in the world is very important. It amazes me sometimes how little the people I consider to be my friends care about the world. It seems to me like they only care about their own immediate sphere of existence and couldn't care less for everyone else. And I'm not only talking about wider issues such as war and famine but day-to-day things, too. It riles me when my mates drop litter and say it's Ok because someone is paid to pick it up, or when people stay sat down on the bus and ignore an elderly person struggling to stand. I often worry that people are becoming increasingly selfish and insular. Sometimes I feel alone in questioning the point of existence when we treat each other so thoughtlessly. But I know I am not alone and that there's a chance that humanity isn't as bas as it sometimes seems.

Old 03-06-2004, 08:33 PM   #7
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dash
Another Activist poser, my best friend is one of those, we get into awsome arguements, I always take the opposite stance he does just to get a good debate going. Good fun, but really research what you're getting yourself into, because Activist will dump more of their propaganda on you than the governments do, so they're kinda hypocritical.

t dash.
I are you refering to me as a poser, or are you just saying that to start an arguement, like you said you do with your friend?

I agree with you, that it's important to read up on history, and check sources. If I didn't know what I was talking about, I wouldn't debate.

Lucieanna,

It is good that you are concerned with the state of the world, but don't let it overwhelm you. I get frustrated, when I learn so many of the horrors of this world, then people don't seem to care at all. So just be sure to pace yourself and don't let it take over your life.

Old 03-07-2004, 06:34 AM   #8

Deborah Lee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
I are you refering to me as a poser, or are you just saying that to start an arguement, like you said you do with your friend?

I agree with you, that it's important to read up on history, and check sources. If I didn't know what I was talking about, I wouldn't debate.

Lucieanna,

It is good that you are concerned with the state of the world, but don't let it overwhelm you. I get frustrated, when I learn so many of the horrors of this world, then people don't seem to care at all. So just be sure to pace yourself and don't let it take over your life.
This is sad but true, the world is going to get worse alot worse, its how we live and what we believe in, faith, that will get us through what is yet to come.
actually faith comes through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:13 AM   #9

SweetTemptation HB User

I am exactly like you. Im not sure how old you are, but Im 21, and Ive only realized it more since Ive grown up. Ive witnessed and heard many things that make me think "what is our world becoming!". We read the news about people getting bombed and killed every day, we see people getting hurt and picked on, we see ignorance, rudeness and pure cruelty everywhere. I do have a few days where it seems unbearable, I just want to hide and never hear or see another bad thing again. But on most days, we learn to accept it (I know it doesnt seem fair) but we also do everything we can to make whatever we can better. Make sure that you dont become one of those people doing such terrible things. That in itself will make you feel better...

One lesson Ive learned and something I see is very important...
Remember, even one smile can make a huge difference. Saying hi to a random stranger walking down the street. Helping someone you see is in need, especially when no one else is willing to help. These are a few simple rules I try to live by. They are so easy to do, yet so many people forget to do them.

Dont let the world get you down. There will always be bad people and good people. Like the quote "we've all got badness in us, but we've got goodness too, and the only thing worth living for is the good"

Old 03-07-2004, 07:27 AM   #10
(female)

lifeisbeautiful HB User
Exclamation Re: Confused about the world all the time

hey hun!

dont worry babe, ur not alone. i've been having these kinds of thoughts since 7th grade, and sumtimes it is really bad and i feel like i have this big burden on my shoulders. but actually, its a gift. there are so many superficial people in the world, and we should be happy that we are the few that actually care and are intelligent enough to observe the truth about what is going on around us.

but honestly, if it is really bothersome and makes u anxious, and is not just simple wondering...u could get some relief. the thoughts i had used to crowd my brain and were very uncomfortable and i was sick of worrying about everything...i could not live my normal life. i was diagnosed w/ OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, b/c i would obsess and obsess about it, b/c i couldn't fix it and it bothered me so much how some people cared and others didnt, and so on. so if that is the case, perhaps u should seek help.

otherwise, if what u are doing is simply wondering and thinking about ur world, then u are fine. just remember there are others like u and hopefully someday u will do sumthign to help change the world!

good luck!

Closed Thread