It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2004, 07:26 PM   #1

Reeb HB User
Gf help

I met this girl at a school dance, and I really like her, But I am afraid to tell my grandparents (who I live with, my dad works in another city, far away, and my mother is deceased), because I believe, as grandparents, they may freak out, as I was/am a bit of a loner (:\) and am nervous to tell them, but I will have to sometime, hopefully very soon, But does anyone have any tips on telling my grandparent(s)? Because my grandfather and my uncle are out fishing for awhile, and now it is only me and my grandmother at the house.

Old 03-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #2

fisherwoman HB User
Re: Gf help

Who knows,maybe they have been a little worried about you being a loner and will be happy you found someone you like. That is how I felt about my daughter. Is there some reason besides that they are "grandparents" that you think they will freak? They were young once,they will probally understand.Just say something like "You know what? When I was at the dance the other day,I met this girl and I think I kinda like her" See what their reaction is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2004, 06:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

How old are your grandparents? If they are in the 50's, they are of the generation that invented the sexual revolution! I agree with the other poster in that they might be thrilled to find you have taken an interest in a nice girl. It is absolutely normal for teenaged boys to be attracted to girls (and vice versa), so I cannot see how this will come as a shock.

If there is something unique about your grandparents that you are not telling us, please share it; otherwise, I don't see how they will be upset. Now, they may place some limits on your dating, but I sure hope they won't try to prevent you from dating.

Old 03-06-2004, 01:55 PM   #4
Veteran

Will M. HB User

I think it's your decision whether or not you would want to tell them. If they don't ask, you don't have to tell, but if they do, tell them. I never tell my parents about what's going on in my life, because I don't want them to know. They're great people, but I really feel uncomfordable about letting them know about my love life. So it's your choice.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

You have everything in your power...You have a GF and a new friend. I dont see any reason why they should be mad.

I mean they are from a different era but they can be supportive towards your decisions. So go out and talk to her..

Closed Thread