It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

lifeisbeautiful HB User
Unhappy i cant make them stop

hey,

there is a kid in my science class that is constantly putting me down. lets call him Joe. Yah, well everytime i talk Joe has something mean to say. He's always like why do u always ask such stupid questions, just stop talking, ur dumb and everytime i open my mouth he has sumthing horrible to say that for some reason people think is funny. Now, i am not like a loser or nething, i have a lot of friends, i play sports, im smart, attractive and i just dont understand why he chose me to ridicule. I've tried everything ignoring, being mean back, asking him nicely to stop, laugh like its a joke. It just doesnt work and its becoming unbearable, i dont want to talk nemore b/c he just hurts my feelings so much. the teacher doesnt do nething either. i just dotn know wat to do ntohing like this has ever happened to me but im sick of going to school, it makes me feel that bad. I dont know how to handle it and i hate crying about it. I dont mean to sound like a baby or a dramaqueen but its been a month or so and i just cant take it nemore.

please help guys!!

Old 03-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User
Re: i cant make them stop

You need to find the right moment when everyone in class including the teacher who is not doing anything and it's quite and JOE makes another remark to you. Look him straight in the eyes and tell him...

JOE: Your comments are getting OLD and Boring Me. Your put downs are making you look very ugly and shows me you are not ingellent to carry a good conversation. When you make the class laugh they are not laughing at me but at you for showing what a bully you are with your own insecuires.
I know your not getting alot of attention at home but why do you need my attention while I'm here in class to learn not listen to your boring comments.

Hope this helps..and Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
(male)

bleestic HB User

Maybe he likes u because a lot of ppl hide their feelings for sum1 by doin wot Joe does??!!??

Old 03-06-2004, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran

Will M. HB User

He may have a low self-steem, or he thinks he's unattractive, he might be angry at everything because nobody likes him. He might even like you, and he just wants to get your attention, but pushes to far. He may also just like hearing his own voice. There are probably many personal problems he has that make him act the way he does.

I think what GirlHarley said is a great idea!

Old 03-06-2004, 04:38 PM   #5

Kristina2 HB User

oh ghosh i went thorugh the same thing about 2 weeks ago. This guy kept on picking on me and he though he was being funny. Well after class I just broke down and cried. My friend told my teacher what happened and that I had cried. I came down at luch and told the techer to move me away from where he is sitting. Go to your teacher or at luch and just tell her to move you away from him.

Old 03-07-2004, 06:52 AM   #6
(female)

lifeisbeautiful HB User
Wink Re: i cant make them stop

thanx guys! i really appreciate ur advice. i think that if i cant make it stop myself in a week, then i will ask to be moved away b/c its really affecting my learning b/c i dont want to ask questions cuz im afraid of getting shot down by JOE.

u know wat i really wish tho? i wish teachers would pay more attention to this kind of stuff...i mean i think jokes are only funny if both parties find it funny not just one...and teachers should intervene if its not appropriate.

thanx a bunch!
kelly

Old 03-11-2004, 04:53 PM   #7

basktballchick HB User

hey,
*slaps head* I hate people like this. no matter how much you ask to stop they don't...
Now, I would normally say that you should punch this guy...(just kidding) but seriously...is there a possibility that he might like you? usually if a guy likes you, (don't ask me why) they'll make fun of you or something like that.
but if it's getting to the point where he's making you sad or even cry, maybe you should go to someone other than your teacher...a principal maybe? a counselor? if that doesn't work, tell your parents...maybe they'll know what to do.
good luck on this!
-megan

Old 03-11-2004, 05:25 PM   #8

Kitty4100 HB User

Yeah every school has people like that, try telling the teacher. have you done that yet? and if that dosent work just ignore him roll your eyes and make him fill stupid, you can always talk crap about him b4 he does to you just say hes gay or something, 'll bet hill stop.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:33 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
He may have a low self-steem, or he thinks he's unattractive, he might be angry at everything because nobody likes him. He might even like you, and he just wants to get your attention, but pushes to far. He may also just like hearing his own voice. There are probably many personal problems he has that make him act the way he does.

I think what GirlHarley said is a great idea!

I have to agree its seems like he may have personal issues here. The only way to make him feel better if he puts down a pretty girl like you.

I don't think its a case that he likes you because it seems he is being to total jerk here.

Another thing you need to do is put him on the spot. Do somthing to him during clas that would make him feel so low....

Closed Thread