It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #1

Munchkinbabyamy HB User
Question In love with best friend?

Ok, I have a best friend who is a guy and i love him so much, like we tell each other that we love each other all the time. About a year ago, when we just started to become friends, he told me that he liked me more than a friend but he didnt want to mess up our friendship so we just stayed friends and became even closer. Now recently, i have just been wondering if i liked him more than a friend and i thought about how it would be if we were together and i can imagine like us being together, like me holding his hand and me falling asleep in his arms and innocent stuff like that but i cant imagine us kissing or doing anything remotely sexually. I know neither of us are ready for sex because we are just 15 and i know if you arent ready, you cant imagine doing it so i just dont know what to think. I know i love him, but how can i tell if im IN love with him! Help me please if you have any advice!

Last edited by Munchkinbabyamy; 03-07-2004 at 08:55 PM. Reason: extra stuff

Old 03-08-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: In love with best friend?

You are still young to know for sure if he may be Mr. Right. He does sound like a great guy to with but are you both equally commitited to a relationship.

My thoughts toward best friend relations is that they shouldn't really happen. The reason why I address this is what happen if you both were to break up?

There is a low percentage that you may still be best friend after the break-up. The reason why is that even if you don't have sex you comitited an emotional friendship to a physical one.

If you both hang out things between you would feel wierd. YOur not going to beable to discuss issues you had once before or even cuddle up with out thinking something may happen.

Who knows, I could be wrong here and you both would still be great after the break-up but I have seen to many times where that wasn't the case.

I don't want to bring your feelings down. I just dont want a great friendship go down.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread