It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 05:32 PM   #1
(male)

Jaysecter HB User
The right thing.

I know this really pretty girl. She is perfect! I wanna start talking to her. Only problem is that she is in the 7th grade while im in the 10th. She is turning 14 and i turned 16 2 months ago. Is it right to date her? PLease help!

Old 03-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #2

t-dash HB User
Re: The right thing.

Nooo dude, 7th grade? 10th grade? Thats sooo crossing the line. Wait still she hits grade 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysecter
I know this really pretty girl. She is perfect! I wanna start talking to her. Only problem is that she is in the 7th grade while im in the 10th. She is turning 14 and i turned 16 2 months ago. Is it right to date her? PLease help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 10:25 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dash
Nooo dude, 7th grade? 10th grade? Thats sooo crossing the line. Wait still she hits grade 9.

I have to agree here... You both are only 2 years apart which isn't that bad. In relality you are both are in two different worlds. It is a challenge to accept that she may not have the same thoughts as you( I know because I am sort of in the same position with age difference but things got worked out.

Put it this way... You are in HS and she is in middle. At 16 you are prob. going out with friends and trying new things?????? At 14 she is only in the 7th where her parents may treat her like a regular 7th grader. That may consist her being home earlier than you, not hanging out alone, or any thing else.

At 16 an average boys mind concentrates on sex & a 7th grader doen't "usually" have those same thoughts. You may not be this type of person but her parents may not see it that way.

If you can wait till she is in 9th.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
(male)

Jaysecter HB User
Unhappy Re: The right thing.

Thanks for the advice, although I dont think about sex. To tell the truth Im still a virgin and could hold off until im married. I know her parents also and they know I dont think about sex. Another thing is I know where your coming from on the grade thing. It is pretty far away. I guess we will never be together . I really liked her also.

thanks for your advice

Old 03-10-2004, 01:35 PM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, although I dont think about sex. To tell the truth Im still a virgin and could hold off until im married. I know her parents also and they know I dont think about sex. Another thing is I know where your coming from on the grade thing. It is pretty far away. I guess we will never be together . I really liked her also.

thanks for your advice
I was once told " If you see an opertunity then go for it, because if you don't you may regret it".

I am going against my will from what I said earlier but I just don't want you to lose out on an opertunity.

The other reasons covering this is that what would your friends say about dating a 7th grader. Trust me when I say this but they won't care about her age..they will tease you with her grade.

The other thing is your bothe young and she still has HS and college. It would be awsome if you both lasted together during that time but chances of the relationship going that long are very low.

I guess I just don't want to see or hear you get hurt durning a breakup. & remember if you both were to breakup, the chances of you still carring a close friendship is very slim.

Please think about your decision...She sounds like a great person & I would hate for thing to go down the drain.

Old 03-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #6
Veteran

Will M. HB User

If you happen to walk by her, just say "hi" so she can recongize you in the future. But I recomend you hold off on a relationship. When your both in high school, then I think it would be okay, just treat her with respect of course.

Quote:
I guess we will never be together . I really liked her also.
Stay positive. You don't know that. If another girl comes along that you like, and you have a chance with, I would take it. Don't dwell on this girl because you might not get a chance, and it might ruin a chance with someone else, but ya never know.

Old 03-10-2004, 02:01 PM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
If you happen to walk by her, just say "hi" so she can recongize you in the future. But I recomend you hold off on a relationship. When your both in high school, then I think it would be okay, just treat her with respect of course.

Stay positive. You don't know that. If another girl comes along that you like, and you have a chance with, I would take it. Don't dwell on this girl because you might not get a chance, and it might ruin a chance with someone else, but ya never know.

Great input

Old 03-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #8
(male)

Jaysecter HB User

My friends are who got us to meet. Very mature for her age but I dont think Ill date her. Some occasional flirting and stuff. I just dont think Ill get in a relationship right now because I have basketball and training hard so Ill be top scorer in the county. Ive only pulled 2 double doubles and that was pretty cool. As for the girl Ill wait till she gets to high school. She will understand. Thanks for the great advice Eightball!

Old 03-10-2004, 02:20 PM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
My friends are who got us to meet. Very mature for her age but I dont think Ill date her. Some occasional flirting and stuff. I just dont think Ill get in a relationship right now because I have basketball and training hard so Ill be top scorer in the county. Ive only pulled 2 double doubles and that was pretty cool. As for the girl Ill wait till she gets to high school. She will understand. Thanks for the great advice Eightball!

Thats great that you are going to wait and have fun with the basketball

Old 03-10-2004, 02:28 PM   #10
(male)

Jaysecter HB User

I wonder why I like only younger girls. I also have a small crush on an 8th grader who somehow worked herself onto the high school basketball team. I have known her forever. Her dad races with my aunt and uncle. She is so cute. The funny thing is that the 7th grader I like and the 8th grader I like know each other pretty well. SO CHECKMATE

Old 03-10-2004, 02:45 PM   #11
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
I wonder why I like only younger girls. I also have a small crush on an 8th grader who somehow worked herself onto the high school basketball team. I have known her forever. Her dad races with my aunt and uncle. She is so cute. The funny thing is that the 7th grader I like and the 8th grader I like know each other pretty well. SO CHECKMATE

Like said before I can relate. This doesn't mean that your a sicko and just like younger girls. If you think about it they are only 2 years younger. And in HS it is hard for you to find a girl in your class because most of them are dating the Juniors and Seniors.

I never have been attracted to girls my age.. They have always been a few years younger. I know the law and I don't consider my self a sicko but my current GF is 16. We get along great(well had our differences at the begining), her parents know me well, and I can foresee my life with her.

At such a young age you never know what path your life will take and know one will be there to grab your hand. Your life is your desicion....so you take route and see where you go...ok bud...

Old 03-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #12
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
I'm exactly the same way! It's not like I'm only attracted to younger girls, it's just they always are the coolest. At my last school I had a big crush on someone who was a grade below me, now I'm in high school, I'm a sophomore and I'm pursuing a girl that's a freshman. She's only 5 months younger than me though. It's hard because we'd always have different schedules. All the girls my age, always turn out to be snobby, slutty, or are nice, but have a boyfriend. It's frustrating.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
I'm exactly the same way! It's not like I'm only attracted to younger girls, it's just they always are the coolest. At my last school I had a big crush on someone who was a grade below me, now I'm in high school, I'm a sophomore and I'm pursuing a girl that's a freshman. She's only 5 months younger than me though. It's hard because we'd always have different schedules. All the girls my age, always turn out to be snobby, slutty, or are nice, but have a boyfriend. It's frustrating.

Thats the the girls that are in your grade and they think they are cool because they are with the older guy that and drive...lol

Old 03-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #14
(male)

Jaysecter HB User

I guess my motto is " gotta get em while thur young"

Old 03-11-2004, 06:27 AM   #15
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
I guess my motto is " gotta get em while thur young"