It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Is this a turnoff?

I'm a guy, and unfortunetly have persistent acne, so I'm a "high maintenance" guy because of it. I takes me longer to get ready to go out and go to bed because I am always putting stuff on my face. And it's pretty obvious what I'm doing. Is this a turnoff? Thanks.

Last edited by Andrew29; 03-09-2004 at 11:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 10:46 AM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Is this a turnoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew29
I'm a guy, and unfortunetly have persistent acne, so I'm a "high maintenance" guy because of it. I takes me longer to get ready to go out and go to bed because I am always putting stuff on my face. And it's pretty obvious what I'm doing. Is this a turnoff? Thanks.

This site is very helpful to help control your acne:
[url]http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/skin/acne-howtotreat.html[/url]

Another opion I would suggest is going to see a family Dr. to see if there is anything the can percribed to help.

Now, to answer your question "is it a turnoff"? I guess it depends on how bad your acne is and what type of group of friends you hang with. I have seen some real popular kids have the worste acne in the world but their friends saw past that and like them because that person was great to be around.

Last edited by eightball61; 03-10-2004 at 10:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 02:02 PM   #3

always HB User

seeing a doctor to help with acne may very well be worth it...
as for a turn off... for the acne... depends on the girl, some people are really put off by that and others, they could care less...
a turn off for taking a while to get ready? ... don't think that's much of a problem.. my boyfriend takes a half hour to 45 minutes... [doesn't help that he has something that's like eczema... so, he puts his fair share of stuff on his face... so, "it doesn't fall off" as he puts it...]
i wouldn't worry too much, but if the acne is bad [as in scarring] or it's a lot more than you'd like, then don't be afraid to go to a doctor or dermatologist...

Last edited by always; 03-10-2004 at 02:03 PM.

Old 03-10-2004, 02:50 PM   #4
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Just remember that it will go away. I use Retin-A, which the first three weeks, it doesn't work, but after that it will start to go a way, now I don't have any at all.

Old 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwasted
To me guys with acne are not a turn-off because I can see past that. I do not care how long it takes to get ready because I'm a patient girl.

It is nice to hear that they're still people out there that see past a person looks...especially in today's culture.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:37 PM   #6

basktballchick HB User

Andrew,
I've had acne before, but I've gotten over it.
The first thing I did was visit a dermatoligist...he has given me many medicines that didn't work, but the one thing that he told me that has worked is not to be harsh on your face.
As for the "turn-off" thing, I, personally, am not turned off by acne. Obviously, it would just be easier if you could wake up without acne one morning, but it's not that easy. The best thing you can do is just be confident, because confidence is a major turn-on for me.
Hope this helped!
Megan

Old 03-11-2004, 06:18 PM   #7

Kitty4100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew29
Zits or scars what ever you have, that kind of stuff dosent bother me at all.

Old 03-12-2004, 09:39 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty4100
Zits or scars what ever you have, that kind of stuff dosent bother me at all.

Another great female that can't see past that...See there are still wonderful people in this world

Old 03-15-2004, 05:07 PM   #9
(female)

mystiq86 HB User

No, acne is not a turn-off. But you shouldn't take you forever every morning and night to put on creams. Go to your family doc, have him refer you to a dermatologist, have him treat you and you'll look better than ever in a few months.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:14 PM   #10
Inactive

Pyroenix HB User

Actually, I dont really notice acne on people. Yeah, I see it, but it doesnt really matter. Besides, acne doesnt make you who you are. Its mostly in attitude. I see guys with acne (or no acne) who try and hide their faces by looking down, or walking fast, or whatever. And that doesnt make them very attractive. And then I see other guys with loads of acne, but they have positive attitudes and outgoing natures, and arent afraid to show their faces. They are very cute.

Closed Thread