It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 05:14 PM   #1

Kitty4100 HB User
Angry I Cant get a boyfriend

Im 17 years old and iv'e neve really had a boyfriend. I dont know why i cant get a boyfriend i mean guys tell me im cute or pretty, im not fat or anything either. And im not a **** either, so whats the problem??

Old 03-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #2
(female)

mystiq86 HB User
Re: I Cant get a boyfriend

I'm also 17 years old and I have the same problem. I mean I too have a hard time getting a date for the prom, and it's not like I'm ugly either. My last boyfriend constantly told me how pretty I am. I don't know; maybe guys are intimidated by girls and they can't just come up to us and ask us out. So I say take the first step. Ask HIM out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2004, 07:13 PM   #3

Brujeria HB User

SAME HERE....but i'm a guy, and i don't want a boyfriend. lol Look girls, i am also 17! and its hard for us to aproach u. We're afraid of rejection. Guys have a lot pressure u know! U girls just stand there and look pretty, we gotta break the ice first, we gotta have money to take u out, buy u gifts, its HARD U KNOW!....but hey, if u girls want a boyfriend, i am here

17-m-southern cali, 5'8'', black hair, brown eyes. I like to take long walks with the honey i love. i'm nice, loves to talk (only when your nice to me. I can be mean)..lol...I like to listen to Hardcore/Metal....old school rap when i'm drivin'

but really girsl, its hard for guys

Old 03-11-2004, 07:30 PM   #4

always HB User

all i can really say is "don't rush it"...
when i was 16, I asked a guy out... i liked him, he liked me... [and i only made a move after i and several others made it clear tha ti had something for him...]... 6 months of non-returned phone-calls and talk to you 3 minutes a day... ... everyone else had a boyfriend, suppose that's why i made the move... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...
now, last march... i asked a guy to prom... [long story how we "met", i'll leave it at, "it began with pi-day"] and i did it on pure whim... i had only really "talked to him" a day or two before... now, we started hanging out, and became really good friends and a week before prom [early may], he asked me out... this was when i was 17...
i'm not anything particular to look at, but i'm not a ****... and i'm not fat or anything, either... i never really had guys "flirt" or ask me out on dates... infact the day before he asked me out we were at the mall and i looked at him and thought, "i don't have a chance with him... but atleast i have him as a friend"... soon we'll have been together for a year... IT"S NOT HOPELESS...

my suggestion i suppose... [ahhh, sorry to babble...] is that instead of biting the bullet and going crazy... take your time... maybe ask a guy if he want's to do something [a movie... or the mall... ?] show some initiative and interest in him... then keep hanging out and give it a little, see if he makes a move... and, hey, if you feel gutsy, make one too... i suppose it's always worth a shot... just remember that relationships do take some time to really develop beyond the usual "one-week-romances" seen in high school and what not... you have to show some interest too!... and remember, you're only 17... you're young, there's time... [i know i know, i'm just shy of 18, so i shouldn't be talking...] ... i mean, hey, if oyu find someone you can really get along with and the relationship works... then kudos to you, that's awesome... but if it doesn't work out... [whether you try to save it or not...], there are other people... you'll find the right person when you're supposed to...

Old 03-11-2004, 10:42 PM   #5

R1e9d9a9n HB User

Just be yourself and don't go LOOKING for a girl/boy friend. It will come natural. Have fun and concentrate on loving yourself and having fun with yourself then everything else will come into place.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:50 PM   #6
(female)

tye03 HB User

I am 19. I had one "relationship" back when i was 14. It lasted two years and now I hardly count it. I was so young for a relationship, lol. However, since then, I haven't found anyone yet. I have been single for about 3 or 4 years now and it's been alright. Right now I'm working on finding myself and figuring out what I want to do in life. I'm also working on my self esteem a little bit. I'm not drop dead gorgeous, I'm just like the girl next door I suppose. However, my point is this. I am 19. I have no boyfriend. I've only had one "relationship" so I know where you are coming from. It's okay for things to be that way. If it's meant to be it'll happen. Until then just be yourself.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:25 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Wink Re: I Cant get a boyfriend

I hope this makes sense because this is something that I have just gathered through thought seeing it happen to people.

In high school, most of the junior & senior guys are dating the new comers such as the freshman or sophmore.

The junior & senior girls are left in the dust so I have seen them date older guys between 18-21 that are in college.

Being 17 can be hard to get a BF. When you turn 18 you will have more freedom to go place that people younger than you cant. For example, an 18+ dance club. At places like this you will be a more older mature guy that you may begin a relationship with.

IT is hard to speculate if this may be the cause in your case but this is what I have seen alot of people go through at your age.

Old 03-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #8
(female)

AutumnMist HB User

I have the same problem. I always hear from different people that a lot of guys think I'm hot and pretty, but I never get asked out. I've only really had a couple relationships, and I had to make the first move for one of them. Guys are just intimidated, I know it's a pain but you're going to have to make the first move. Don't be discouraged that you've never been in a relationship before, and don't just ask a guy out for the sake of having someone. When and if you do actually like a person a lot, then go for it.

Old 03-14-2004, 03:08 PM   #9

bluearmyklt HB User

Hello - I just wanted to say to you - please dont feel stupid because you dont have a boyfriend! I a 24 and all I can say is that when you are a little older (dont mean to sound patronising) you will realise that lads are not everything! Seriously, enjoy your life and go out with your friends, life is too short to worry about stuff like that. I know you feel like its the end of the world now but TRUST ME it isnt. A lad should like you for who you are so dont be changing yourself for anyone else. Honestly you will find someone soon there is no rush take your time and enjoy your freedom while you can!

Old 03-15-2004, 07:24 AM   #10
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMist
I have the same problem. I always hear from different people that a lot of guys think I'm hot and pretty, but I never get asked out. I've only really had a couple relationships, and I had to make the first move for one of them. Guys are just intimidated, I know it's a pain but you're going to have to make the first move. Don't be discouraged that you've never been in a relationship before, and don't just ask a guy out for the sake of having someone. When and if you do actually like a person a lot, then go for it.

Another thing is in regards to guys saying you are hot. I remember saying a girl was hot then never asking them out. The reason why is that a guy thinks a hot girl will never date them if they are just average. So all they do is look at you and admire instead of asking you out.

Have you ever thought about asking a guy out yourself if you found out they though u were hot?

Closed Thread