It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
(female)

jillybelly HB User
a friend...?

Hi,

I've met somebody that I think I really really like. We were in the speak-off together. I'd known here before this, but only just as somebody you see and say hello to. She was speaking out about suicide in her hometown (5 of her friends had committed suicide in just one year), and she passed out in the middle of her speech from all of the pressure and pain. I had helped her revise the speech and knew how badly she wanted people to know about it, so I finished the speech for her (I had to fight the tears the entire time).

Afterwords, when she was feeling better, I was talking to her. I could tell she'd been crying so I asked her how she was. Anyways I told her how proud of her those friends must be, and that maybe by writing that speech she's already helped atleast one person thinking about suicide. I wanted to hug her so badly but I didn't. I told her how strong she was.... She asked me to call her later and gave me her #.

Anyways I was talking to her again today on the phone, and we were saying how weird it was that we felt we could tell eachother anythign and the other was actually listening. It's not like that with most people. Most people just nod to make you think they're listening. I feel that I can trust her with anything, she's such a wonderful person.

She's that most beautiful and amazing person I know. I've never met anybody that I felt this way about before. I think I really like her. I wish I could be friends with her just to get to know her better, and see her more.

What do you guys all think? How could I get to be friends with her? I really really like her. I think she's amazing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 09:29 AM   #2

dollluvsjohn HB User
Re: a friend...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybelly
Hi,

I've met somebody that I think I really really like. We were in the speak-off together. I'd known here before this, but only just as somebody you see and say hello to. She was speaking out about suicide in her hometown (5 of her friends had committed suicide in just one year), and she passed out in the middle of her speech from all of the pressure and pain. I had helped her revise the speech and knew how badly she wanted people to know about it, so I finished the speech for her (I had to fight the tears the entire time).

Afterwords, when she was feeling better, I was talking to her. I could tell she'd been crying so I asked her how she was. Anyways I told her how proud of her those friends must be, and that maybe by writing that speech she's already helped atleast one person thinking about suicide. I wanted to hug her so badly but I didn't. I told her how strong she was.... She asked me to call her later and gave me her #.

Anyways I was talking to her again today on the phone, and we were saying how weird it was that we felt we could tell eachother anythign and the other was actually listening. It's not like that with most people. Most people just nod to make you think they're listening. I feel that I can trust her with anything, she's such a wonderful person.

She's that most beautiful and amazing person I know. I've never met anybody that I felt this way about before. I think I really like her. I wish I could be friends with her just to get to know her better, and see her more.

What do you guys all think? How could I get to be friends with her? I really really like her. I think she's amazing.
Be friends with her like you would with anyone else! it doesnt matter if she is girl or boy or what.... just be her friend, talk to her, see if she wants to go to a movie or something.... like you would with any of your other friends....

Old 03-14-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
Veteran

Will M. HB User

You both sound like great people, and it sounds like a great potential friendship, or even more, if you two want. It sounds like she trusts you, so maybe you could ask over the phone, or the next time you see her if you could meet for a lite-lunch, coffee, ect.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I agree with the above..

Just be a ggod friend to her. It seems she has been through a lot and I am sure she may need to have a someone with an open mind to talk to.

Old 03-17-2004, 06:32 AM   #5
(female)

jillybelly HB User

aww, thanks you guys. I've been talking to her since. She's going to come down and hang out this friday. She went to the city last weekend and brought me back a friendship bracelet! This is cool. I can't wait until Friday! At last, there's something happy in my life and I can focus on something besides my gradually declining marks in school, lol. This is gonna be so exciting. I wonder if she'd like a hemp bracelet if I made her one...

Old 03-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
aww, thanks you guys. I've been talking to her since. She's going to come down and hang out this friday. She went to the city last weekend and brought me back a friendship bracelet! This is cool. I can't wait until Friday! At last, there's something happy in my life and I can focus on something besides my gradually declining marks in school, lol. This is gonna be so exciting. I wonder if she'd like a hemp bracelet if I made her one...
Its Nice to hear thing are going well, but don't let her interrupt your studies. You grades come first so you can have a good future.

Old 03-17-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
(female)

jillybelly HB User

thanks for the reminder 8ball. I need it. I'm so screwed in school it isn't even funny. plus, we're hosting provincial basketball next week and i'm a starter so things with that are hellish. I got home at 7:00pm tonight and that's early what with the things i've been doing.... it just seems like my mile high pile of homework is getting bigger and bigger every minute...

jillybelly

Old 03-18-2004, 07:54 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
thanks for the reminder 8ball. I need it. I'm so screwed in school it isn't even funny. plus, we're hosting provincial basketball next week and i'm a starter so things with that are hellish. I got home at 7:00pm tonight and that's early what with the things i've been doing.... it just seems like my mile high pile of homework is getting bigger and bigger every minute...

jillybelly

Its seems you got a lot going on...As a teen its nice to be active but don't over do yourself. In the long run you'll just get to tired for school and the grades will slip further & if that happens you may be of the basketball team.

Just keep the studies up & if you have no time for her then another girl will come in the future. You are still young...Enjoy it

Closed Thread