It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Should I ask her out?

hey, i'm in my 1st year of college. There is this girl in my class that I would like to ask out. However, I don't know if she has a boyfriend or not. It's not like high school where you can easily find out. She doesn't talk to too many people in class, so I can't ask them if they know. Are there any signs that might indicate she has a boyfriend. Should I just go for it and hope for the best? Or could this just lead to trouble?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2004, 03:59 AM   #2

Kylie1 HB User
Re: Should I ask her out?

Kust go up to her and ask her out. If she has a boyfriend she will say so. It shouldn't cause any tension, she will probably feel flattered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2004, 07:21 AM   #3

soccerprodigy77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew29
hey, i'm in my 1st year of college. There is this girl in my class that I would like to ask out. However, I don't know if she has a boyfriend or not. It's not like high school where you can easily find out. She doesn't talk to too many people in class, so I can't ask them if they know. Are there any signs that might indicate she has a boyfriend. Should I just go for it and hope for the best? Or could this just lead to trouble?
I think you should get to know her first and talk to her normally. Bring up something about an ex of yours and see if she responds to it.

Old 03-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

This is very different than High School. Most people don't know each other in in college. This would be a good way for you to make a new friend. I guess what I am saying is start talking to her to see what her character is like.

You should find out within time if she is single or not. If this was meant to be then you both could develope a strong relationship that could turn things into more.

You see when you first talk to her if she has interest or not, but if she shows she doesn't don't give up until you know for sure.

Old 03-15-2004, 03:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Just do it. What do you have to lose? At worst, she will say no. No big deal - she won't place an ad in the school newspaper saying she turned your down.

Don't let shyness ruin what might be a nice relationship.

I do agree that it might be best to at least say hello and have some small talk before springing the question, but even asking her for a Coke between classes to discuss class notes would be a fine way to get to know each other.

Closed Thread