It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 11:39 AM   #1

irene821 HB User
Question confused

ok i need some help... theres this guy ive known for about a year now, we're not friends, but we talk online and stuff. he doesnt have a girl friend. last year he was one of the big men on campus, until he left school. im not at school either, but i go up and visit when i get a chance. when ever i see him, hes allways staring, and once eh came up to me and elbowed me in the back and stood behind me, like he wanted me to talk to him. and another time when we were out, he stood there the whole time watching me, til he went and danced with some girl, he looked over and gave me a little snicker, like he was trying to get me jealous. my best friend told me he was giving me sexually frustrated looks.... i just dont know what to do, and i cant talk to him, i dont know why, its weird. i want him to know that i want him. i talk to him, like on AIM, and once or twice on the phone, but he has this wall up and dont want to let anyone in. and its weird, cause he believes anything i say to him,and he almost got in a fight with someone cause i told him this other boy was talking about him. what should i say to him to let him know that i really like him, and want to hang out, or something more? i would appreciate any help. thanks.

Old 03-15-2004, 12:05 PM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by irene821
ok i need some help... theres this guy ive known for about a year now, we're not friends, but we talk online and stuff. he doesnt have a girl friend. last year he was one of the big men on campus, until he left school. im not at school either, but i go up and visit when i get a chance. when ever i see him, hes allways staring, and once eh came up to me and elbowed me in the back and stood behind me, like he wanted me to talk to him. and another time when we were out, he stood there the whole time watching me, til he went and danced with some girl, he looked over and gave me a little snicker, like he was trying to get me jealous. my best friend told me he was giving me sexually frustrated looks.... i just dont know what to do, and i cant talk to him, i dont know why, its weird. i want him to know that i want him. i talk to him, like on AIM, and once or twice on the phone, but he has this wall up and dont want to let anyone in. and its weird, cause he believes anything i say to him,and he almost got in a fight with someone cause i told him this other boy was talking about him. what should i say to him to let him know that i really like him, and want to hang out, or something more? i would appreciate any help. thanks.

By him elbowing you could be a sign of flirting or just joking around. It kinda sounds as if you both like each other but to shy to share that information with each other. One of you though needs to make a stand and let your feelings out before they die out.

In this case it doesn't sound like he will. So you need to make the next step. It makes sense to do it on AIM if that all you guys talk on but it can be kinda lame.

Next time you talk to him invite him to a coffee or something. Coffee is a very innocent way of hanging out and you both can get to know each other. Determine at that night if you want to discuss your feelings or wait till you both see each other.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2004, 12:24 PM   #3

irene821 HB User
Exclamation Re: confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
By him elbowing you could be a sign of flirting or just joking around. It kinda sounds as if you both like each other but to shy to share that information with each other. One of you though needs to make a stand and let your feelings out before they die out.

In this case it doesn't sound like he will. So you need to make the next step. It makes sense to do it on AIM if that all you guys talk on but it can be kinda lame.

Next time you talk to him invite him to a coffee or something. Coffee is a very innocent way of hanging out and you both can get to know each other. Determine at that night if you want to discuss your feelings or wait till you both see each other.
i dont know how to tell him my feelings... like, i cant even talk to the boy. i can talk to his friends, and stuff, but when it comes to him, im just like, wow, look at him, hes soo cute. i dont know why i like him, i just do. my friend told me that i need to tell him how i feel, and we need to do somehtin, but i cant. its not that i dont want to, i do, i just cant. im going to visit my friends soon, and im sure that ill see him out. what woudl be a good conversation piece? i could go upand say hey kevin whats up, but idk what to say after that. help

Old 03-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
i dont know how to tell him my feelings... like, i cant even talk to the boy. i can talk to his friends, and stuff, but when it comes to him, im just like, wow, look at him, hes soo cute. i dont know why i like him, i just do. my friend told me that i need to tell him how i feel, and we need to do somehtin, but i cant. its not that i dont want to, i do, i just cant. im going to visit my friends soon, and im sure that ill see him out. what woudl be a good conversation piece? i could go upand say hey kevin whats up, but idk what to say after that. help

See this is hard because I don't know what type of person you are. I think you need to get to know him like I said. Maybe in the course of the night when you seem him at your friends ask him if he would like to do somthing sometime. But consistanly talk to him all night to keep him interested.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #5

irene821 HB User
Unhappy Re: confused

Quote:
See this is hard because I don't know what type of person you are. I think you need to get to know him like I said. Maybe in the course of the night when you seem him at your friends ask him if he would like to do somthing sometime. But consistanly talk to him all night to keep him interested.
ok im usually a quiet person, but i can get loud and obnoxious at times. i usually dont have much trouble goin up to guys and chattin with them, but with him, i cant explain it. im saying the same things over and over, but i just dont know what to say. i dont live in teh same city as him, and it would be hard to ask him out, cause i would only be in town for a few days. i dont know.

Old 03-15-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
ok im usually a quiet person, but i can get loud and obnoxious at times. i usually dont have much trouble goin up to guys and chattin with them, but with him, i cant explain it. im saying the same things over and over, but i just dont know what to say. i dont live in teh same city as him, and it would be hard to ask him out, cause i would only be in town for a few days. i dont know.

I can understand what you are going through but its one of those things where you as the person has to break that ice..If you want it bad then you will make every attempt to do so.

Just talk to him all night or a good portion. If he likes you even the stupid small stuff on like where he bought his clothes will work. If you ask question you will get answers.

Don't be scared...Have a drink, loosing up, and talk to the man

Old 03-15-2004, 08:55 PM   #7

irene821 HB User
Cool Re: confused

Quote:
I can understand what you are going through but its one of those things where you as the person has to break that ice..If you want it bad then you will make every attempt to do so.

Just talk to him all night or a good portion. If he likes you even the stupid small stuff on like where he bought his clothes will work. If you ask question you will get answers.

Don't be scared...Have a drink, loosing up, and talk to the man
good advice, ill talk to him, drunkenly probs, haha. ill continue to talk to him on AIM and stuff, thanks for everything.

Old 03-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
good advice, ill talk to him, drunkenly probs, haha. ill continue to talk to him on AIM and stuff, thanks for everything.

You just need to get closer and find the oppertunity to ask him out. You will know when that time comes because your body will just force it out.

Let me/us know what happens

Closed Thread