It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

lifeisbeautiful HB User
going to college soon

me and my bf have been dating for four months and we are both going off to college this fall. the thought keeps coming up about what is giong to happen to the relationship when we both go away. its confusing me so much cuz i really love him, but i feel like i want to experience college w/out all these ties at home. i dont know wat to do! should i just wait and see? does it mean i dont love him cuz i have these thoughts, i really care about him, but dont high school relationships dragged into college fizzle out??

Old 03-16-2004, 03:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User
Re: going to college soon

Look - Just about everyone gets to that point when they leave home, and can't decide what to do about a relationship.

Fact is, you can put in the effort and try to keep the relationship going. Through all the time your not sure if he is faithful, whether you will be, theres tons of insecurities.
That, or simply break-up (Remember, this is a high school thing), and start a fresh, like you said.

Choice is up to you. My advice would be to weigh up the Pro's and Cons of each idea you have, and make your decision, and make it final!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 08:13 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

This is going to be a hard desicion on this relationship. And there are a lot of pro's and con's. To make things simple If you love each other a lot to make things work then it will all work out in the end.

The problem is if this is going to be a 4 year college that is going to be 4 years of barely seeing eachother. This is a change that you'll have to adjust to. I don't recommend that you change your career to go to his college. That is the worse thing you could do.

To be honest, college opens up a whole new door of oppertunities. Its like going to high school freshman year....do you remember? You are going to meet people who you don't know. New people who you have with like guys may find you attractive and you may begin feeling for someone else.

Personally I don't think ot would be fair for you both to hide behind each other back with lies and stuff to make things work.. If you were to meet someone I would talk with your BF instead of trying to hide things. The best thing you could do is be open.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #4

always HB User

my boyfriend and i are juat past 10 months of dating, he's a year behind me, i'll be going away for college... not exactly the same, but i understand the worries... "what if..."... my boyfriend and i decided that we will get together when we can [weekends, breaks and what not] and try to keep close contact otherwise... only different thing is we are both goign ot go to the same college and plan on getting an apartment my second year...

i undestand how you feel though, talkt o your boyfriend, find out where your relationship really stands and sort of, try to get an idea of what might be needed to keep the relationship together... i've seen many highschool relationships fizzle out as college is entered, whether both leave at the same time, or one's in college, the other in highschool... but... i have also seen many that have worked, or they may collapse for a little, but are rekindled shortly after... just see what happens, and keep communication open and don't hide things... if you think it's worth the effort, try to keep the relationship together...

Closed Thread