It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 04:22 PM   #1

magicman88 HB User
to ask or not to ask

hi. there is this girl that i will call J. I see her 4 out of 5 days in school but only for 1 period. I want to ask her out but dont know if she likes me back. When i see her in the halls we say hi and i go over to talk to her during class when i can. What my question is is how can i tell if she likes me too, without asking her. Thanks for any advice.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:03 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: to ask or not to ask

I would'nt ask her right away. You should try asking for her number or IM? Once you've talked some more over the phone or in person, you'll learn more about eachother.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #3
(female)

mystiq86 HB User

Well. you could ask her out to lunch just on a platonic basis. But if you don't want to do that try making her laugh or try displaying some of your good qualities and see how she responds. I apologize if I'm not of much help. But I doubt this girl will turn you down if you ask her out. Don't fear rejection.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:26 PM   #4

magicman88 HB User

one good thing im good at is making people laugh. Just yesterday the first thing she said to me was, you make me laugh. I had on a funny looking pair of novelty glasses. I will probobly force myself to ask her out or at least see if she wants to hang out because i have waited before and not gotten the chance again. I dont want that to happen this time.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:19 PM   #5
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman88
one good thing im good at is making people laugh. Just yesterday the first thing she said to me was, you make me laugh. I had on a funny looking pair of novelty glasses. I will probobly force myself to ask her out or at least see if she wants to hang out because i have waited before and not gotten the chance again. I dont want that to happen this time.

That's a good sign, do it man, do it!

Old 03-16-2004, 06:29 PM   #6

magicman88 HB User

thanks for the advice. after i do it ill tell ya what happened. Ill try to do it sooner rather than later so i dont miss the opportunity.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:13 PM   #7
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Good. If you happen to be turned down, which I doubt you will, keep in mind not to avoid her and keep the friendship.

I asked a girl out, and unfortunetly I was turned down, but are friendship keeps building(which I'm happy with)because I kept on acting the way I always was, and stayed friends.

So if you keep on talking to her as a friend and don't break communication, things are likely to get a lot better, and you never know what could happen.

Good Luck!

Old 03-17-2004, 06:34 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
That is a great sign for breaking the ice. I would suggest to do thing that would meake her laugh so you both talk more and grow close. Eventually ask for her #, IM, or if she want to hang somtime.

If she continues to talk to you that is a good sign. I am sure you'll beable to tell if she had no interest. & if she didn't well there are plenty more fish to catch.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #9

magicman88 HB User

i was going to talk to her today during class but when we finished notes and could talk she left and went somewhere. I have a feeling that she likes me because whenever i see her best friend in the halls she looks towards me and says something to whoever shes walking with. Ill probobly ask her next week if she wants to hang out.

Old 03-17-2004, 01:10 PM   #10
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
i was going to talk to her today during class but when we finished notes and could talk she left and went somewhere. I have a feeling that she likes me because whenever i see her best friend in the halls she looks towards me and says something to whoever shes walking with. Ill probobly ask her next week if she wants to hang out.

YOu got a good head on your shoulders....don't give up

Old 03-17-2004, 01:57 PM   #11
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
That's happened to me a lot. Don't be afraid to speak up--maybe before she leaves, just call her name, and she'll come talk to you. Or maybe even say quietly, so nobody can hear it but her, during class: "Hey ----, can I ask you something after class."

'Might be better to call her name though, because it's less obvious.

Keep us posted.

Last edited by Will M.; 03-17-2004 at 01:58 PM.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:02 PM   #12

magicman88 HB User

i would ask one of her friends whether she liked me or not but im not friends with anyone in her homeroom and dont know the people she hangs out with very well. The only way to find out now is to ask her. Either friday, when i see her next, or next week ill ask her if she wants to get pizza at the place next to the school. hopefully shell say yes and ill see what happens from there. ill tell you what happens once i ask.

Old 03-17-2004, 02:11 PM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
i would ask one of her friends whether she liked me or not but im not friends with anyone in her homeroom and dont know the people she hangs out with very well. The only way to find out now is to ask her. Either friday, when i see her next, or next week ill ask her if she wants to get pizza at the place next to the school. hopefully shell say yes and ill see what happens from there. ill tell you what happens once i ask.

Yes Keep Us posted

Old 03-17-2004, 07:19 PM   #14
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
I think it would be best if you talked to her yourself. But if you do happen to be talking to one of her friends, maybe hint it. Because the next time they'll be talking to her, they might mention you!

Old 03-18-2004, 11:31 AM   #15

magicman88 HB User

tommorow ill ask her. im pretty confident that i wont get turned down, but ill never know unless i try. ill see if she wants to go to the pizza place after school tommorow. If she cant with such short notice ill ask her about next week. They way i see it is nothing really bad can come out from asking, as long as i dont stop talking to her if she says no. Im only asking her as a friend right now so theres probobly a better chance than straight out asking her out. ill tell you what happens when i get home tommorow.

Closed Thread