It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 02:47 AM   #1
(female)

icis HB User
Teenage ovarian cysts

Well, I've been told recently that I have ovarian cysts. How many other teenagers (and what age) have these things???? I'm only 15!

Old 03-23-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
(female)

icis HB User
Re: Teenage ovarian cysts

Does anybody else have them? What did you do for them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2004, 07:04 PM   #3

always HB User

i'm almost 18... and i've had them
ovarian cysts are actually quite common, just usually, they don't cause problems and minimal if any pain and are gone in a day or two, sometimes though... they don't pop, which as it grows will put pressure on "your insides", causing pain...
as for what to do, see your doctor, many times they go away, but they may perform a sonogram to check and make sure that's what it is as well as to get the general size... [for example, mine was 5.5 cm...]... i was sent to a gyno, had a general exam and my cycst hasn't really been bothering me the last day or two, but it's still there... my case i have another sonogram ina few weeks and a nother appointment to see if it's going away...
if the pain doesn't go away, or if the cyst is quite large, they may operate and remove it... they may also just let it go and put you on birth-control to help prevent them from forming [as they did with mine]...
i know people who've had them at 15...

Old 03-24-2004, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

Carina HB User

Hi , I had one when I was in the first or second grade, probably when I was 8. Mine was not cancerous and it disappeared a year or so. I did not have to do anything. They were going to put my on birth control cause they said it would help my it disappear if it got bigger or had caused me pain. But now I am 17 and did not have one since.

Old 03-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icis
Well, I've been told recently that I have ovarian cysts. How many other teenagers (and what age) have these things???? I'm only 15!
I think ovarian cysts are alot more common then people think for exsample I think there is about 5 or 6 of us in my health class who have had them or have them now.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:30 PM   #6
(female)

icis HB User

Okay. I understand that a lot of people get them. And yes, they did put me on birth control to prevent more from forming. I went to the gyn and I'm getting another ultrasound to see if this one is shrinking at all in a few weeks. If it's not, then it's surgery for me.

Old 03-25-2004, 04:20 PM   #7

cmkcutie0814 HB User
Unhappy Re: Teenage ovarian cysts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icis

Hey well my name is Candi and im 15!! ive been havin lower abdominal pain that comes n goes ....prolly like where my ovaries r......on both sides n even the middle! it really hurts i dont kno what to do!!! can yall help me?

Closed Thread