It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 581
Baby_hands HB User
A Married Man :O

I am 17yrs old and have just started a new job as a receptionist in an office, and alot of my staff is male, there is one man who is married probably in his late 20's who I noticed was quite good looking and nice. Dont get any ideas yet! I would never think of doing anything, because he is married! Thats just an abomination. So i tried to tell myself, "stop thinking hes cute", because I felt bad for even thinking hes cute. ANYWAY Now things have calmed down, I'm starting to think "Is he feeling something for me?", he's always REALLY nice to me, and sometimes I notice him looking at me. This one time in particular, I was walking down the corridor, and he was sitting close to the doorway of a room, and he stared at me, and when I noticed he was staring at me, he smiled , so i smiled back to be polite.
I'm not sure what to think, could he just think I'm just some cute little girl? (I dont act like it) Maybe he just finds me endearing? Or if he attracted to me? Or maybe I'm just overreacting.
The reason I would like some opinions is because if it does seem like he's attracted to me, i'd like to try and distance myself from the situation, if thats the case.

What do u think?
__________________
Great beauty and virtue rarely dwell together.

 
Old 03-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 392
Katyana HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

What I think is that you should go to work, do your job, mind your own business and stay out of the office politics, and stay away from married men!

He belongs to someone else through a bond of marriage. Whether he thinks you are cute and is attracted to you is a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_hands
I am 17yrs old and have just started a new job as a receptionist in an office, and alot of my staff is male, there is one man who is married probably in his late 20's who I noticed was quite good looking and nice. Dont get any ideas yet! I would never think of doing anything, because he is married! Thats just an abomination. So i tried to tell myself, "stop thinking hes cute", because I felt bad for even thinking hes cute. ANYWAY Now things have calmed down, I'm starting to think "Is he feeling something for me?", he's always REALLY nice to me, and sometimes I notice him looking at me. This one time in particular, I was walking down the corridor, and he was sitting close to the doorway of a room, and he stared at me, and when I noticed he was staring at me, he smiled , so i smiled back to be polite.
I'm not sure what to think, could he just think I'm just some cute little girl? (I dont act like it) Maybe he just finds me endearing? Or if he attracted to me? Or maybe I'm just overreacting.
The reason I would like some opinions is because if it does seem like he's attracted to me, i'd like to try and distance myself from the situation, if thats the case.

What do u think?

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 03-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 581
Baby_hands HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Heyyyy hold on there, mind my own business? It is my business if someone's attracted to me or not.
I'm 17..as if I would have an affair lol, what would we do? Watch Zoolander together?
__________________
Great beauty and virtue rarely dwell together.

 
Old 03-17-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 392
Katyana HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_hands
Heyyyy hold on there, mind my own business? It is my business if someone's attracted to me or not.
I'm 17..as if I would have an affair lol, what would we do? Watch Zoolander together?
By that I meant that it's best to not get involved in the office politics. My full sentence was:

Quote:
What I think is that you should go to work, do your job, mind your own business and stay out of the office politics...
I'm sorry if you felt offended by that, it wasn't my intention. However, I'm sure you aren't the first girl that this guy has expressed interest in, and it's best to stay far out of his way.

Last edited by Katyana; 03-17-2004 at 11:15 PM.

 
Old 03-18-2004, 03:06 AM   #5
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England / Florida
Posts: 672
MadSkillzGal HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

It's simple.

She is flattered by the attentions of a good looking older man, he is flattered by the attention of a young girl. It's ego stroking. Might lead to sex. Won't lead to anything else though.

 
Old 03-18-2004, 08:51 AM   #6
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ma
Posts: 9,648
eightball61 HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSkillzGal
It's simple.

She is flattered by the attentions of a good looking older man, he is flattered by the attention of a young girl. It's ego stroking. Might lead to sex. Won't lead to anything else though.

I agree to some degree & she is flattered but I would have to say DON"T have sex with him. That could do a lot of damage;

1. That could break up his family.
2. then there may be too much emotion in your job that it may force you to quit.
3. You may be condsidered underage in your state which may lead jail time for him.

Let him just look at you and thats it...This is a job and you need to go there and just perform it. You will have the chance to meet other guys down the road but this is not a good set-up.

 
Old 03-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 392
Katyana HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
This is a job and you need to go there and just perform it.
Thank you. That was my point only you said it so much more eloquently than I did

 
Old 03-18-2004, 09:31 AM   #8
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ma
Posts: 9,648
eightball61 HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyana
Thank you. That was my point only you said it so much more eloquently than I did

No prob...I want her to keep us updated though

Last edited by eightball61; 03-18-2004 at 09:31 AM.

 
Old 03-18-2004, 02:38 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,595
GirlHarley HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Instead of checking out the cute married guy...Why aren't you working?

Your 17...Someday you will be married to some cute guy who is also 20something or 30something and some 17 year old chick will be checking out your husband out and be thinking as you are...

It's a business place not a Pickup Sex place...or to have an affair with a married man...YOU will be the Office Trap and it will haunt you...

Grow Up and find yourself some cute single college guy.......

 
Old 03-18-2004, 07:58 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 581
Baby_hands HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

I am working hard in my job, its not as if I sit there all day thinking about him lol. Just whenever I have contact with him, I am concious of his body language and some signals being sent.
For starters it would never lead to sex in a million and 1 years. I am a very strict christian and wouldnt have sex before marriage under any circumstances. Sure when I first got there I was a little gaga over him in my mind, but I have never thought of doing anything.I just thought he was good looking.But me being brought up knowing that having a crush on a married man, is almost as bad as doing something about it. The crush is gone thanks to prayer.

Of course I would be flattered if he was attracted to me, everyone is flattered when anyone is attracted to them, but nothing more. I have always held my relationship with God higher than my own feelings, and just would never do that.

The last conversation we had was about a picture of his wife on their wedding day on his desk.
Me: "Thats really cute!"
Man: "What? The picture or the box?"
(haha)
Me:" The picture, can I have a look?"
"She looks like a really nice lady"
Man: "She is. She has changed thou since then"
Me: "Whats changed?"
Man: "She has put on some weight since then, thats usually what happens"
Me:" Dont tell her ya told me that!"
"Thats a really nice picture, it looks like a fairytale, I think its nice you have that there"
Then I walked out.
__________________
Great beauty and virtue rarely dwell together.

 
Old 03-19-2004, 03:45 AM   #11
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: England / Florida
Posts: 672
MadSkillzGal HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

He sounds like a little *****.

She's flattered because he's older and it makes her feel grown up and 'sexually noticeable' in the grown up world.

He's bored and feels 'proud' he can still attract the attention of a 17 year old.

Personally I think he's an idiot. But it takes an older chickadee to see that.

 
Old 03-19-2004, 07:14 AM   #12
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ma
Posts: 9,648
eightball61 HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSkillzGal
He sounds like a little *****.

She's flattered because he's older and it makes her feel grown up and 'sexually noticeable' in the grown up world.

He's bored and feels 'proud' he can still attract the attention of a 17 year old.

Personally I think he's an idiot. But it takes an older chickadee to see that.

This is a case of the average male Please Stay Away.....

 
Old 03-19-2004, 12:23 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 30
krazyboy_w HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

...from a males point of view. He is obviously interested and why shouldnt he? A 17 y/o girl is paying attention to him. Be careful, you don't want to get involved with all of the BS involved with this. Don't be a home wrecker.

PS--maybe you should focus a little more on work.

 
Old 03-19-2004, 09:31 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 581
Baby_hands HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Thats the thing, I'm not flirting with him or anyone. I'm not paying him more attention than anyone else in the workplace.
The point of my post wasnt whether I was going to TRY ANYTHING or whether I was flirting with him or anything like that. I dont flirt.

I'm not really liking the vibe I'm getting here....all these terms like "home wrecker" and such being thrown around.
I havent done anything wrong. I dont find attached men attractive.
I havent had alot of experience with men, and I'm not used to working with men, I just thought, well if I just be friendly to everyone, it'll be okay. If someone is attracted to me, i am sure i never brought it on myself.

It does sound like everyone's agreed that he might be attracted to me, so I guess I can take this infomation and just be more cautious around him.
__________________
Great beauty and virtue rarely dwell together.

 
Old 03-20-2004, 06:44 AM   #15
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ma
Posts: 9,648
eightball61 HB User
Re: A Married Man :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_hands
Thats the thing, I'm not flirting with him or anyone. I'm not paying him more attention than anyone else in the workplace.
The point of my post wasnt whether I was going to TRY ANYTHING or whether I was flirting with him or anything like that. I dont flirt.

I'm not really liking the vibe I'm getting here....all these terms like "home wrecker" and such being thrown around.
I havent done anything wrong. I dont find attached men attractive.
I havent had alot of experience with men, and I'm not used to working with men, I just thought, well if I just be friendly to everyone, it'll be okay. If someone is attracted to me, i am sure i never brought it on myself.It does sound like everyone's agreed that he might be attracted to me, so I guess I can take this infomation and just be more cautious around him.


You havn't done nothing wrong and nor has he. What we are stating is the truth if something was going to happen.

We are glad you came here rather than taking things into your hands. You seem very smart and know what you are doing.

You don't have to ignore everyone at work...Make friends with people but just don't get into a relationship with this guy. It is fine to have workplace romance but when it deal with a married human then you want to stay away. If the person is not married and single then I would be rooting for you to take the chance and make things work.

Your a smart girl and don't let him bother you at work...Treat him like a co-worker and within time he will get the hint.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Old college boyfriend who is now married contacted me. Confused with these memories? VALady76 Relationship Health 13 04-12-2010 11:25 AM
I don't wanna be married eh! chevyman Relationship Health 77 06-22-2009 10:18 AM
Help with married guy I like harfordgirl Relationship Health 11 07-01-2008 10:46 AM
When husband is more married to child than wife......... maggie08 Relationship Health 7 03-25-2008 09:00 AM
Will I ever be really happy while married??? hillaryb Relationship Health 19 07-16-2007 10:38 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added











All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!