It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

tallgirl HB User
ok guys i have a question for you

alright all of you 5'11" -6' guys out there this is a question for you...

i am 14 years old and 6ft 2in. tall and yes i am a girl and yes i know that is really tall.... but would any of u guys date a girl that is taller than you... because that is my problem i am taller than this guy i like and i think he wants a shorter girl.... is that how guys think.... is that what they want is girls shorter than them??? do tall girls scare guys??? or what???? What kinds of things do guys look for in girls??? ( i dont care if ur answers are shallow) i just want to know...

But this other guy i like is taller than me!! he is 6ft 4in and i am not sure if he likes me because he calls be big Johnson because i am so tall ( i am not fat but i could be thinner but who couldnt!!) so i know that he isnt making fun of me... or is he???? what do u guys think??? he doesnt sound like it but i dont know if he likes me how can i find out if he likes me with out asking him??? is there certain things that you guys do or say that means you like someone with out telling them???

thanx for any replies

Old 03-19-2004, 01:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User
Re: ok guys i have a question for you

Its personal preference. Some guys like shorter girls, some like taller.

You said this guy is taller then you, so whats the prob? If anything he'll prefer you over the "Normal" sized girls.

As for the name, guys are different in the way they show affection. I'm not gonna tell you what to do to get him to go out with you, because really its up to you.

He's not gonna like you unless you simply act yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #3

Wakers HB User

i never got that 'be yourself' thing. what if he doesnt like your true personality. lol. best thing to do in the long run tho.

n it really depends. if your actualyl attractive anyways, then it doesnt matter. and if your cool and u no, have a gud personallity, then it dont matter that much. really is personal preference tho.

Old 03-21-2004, 06:18 AM   #4
(female)

PatriciaB HB User

Hey tallgirl, I am the mother of a girl who is now 19 years old who was also 6ft. tall at your age. She's just about 6'2 now and let me tell you, she has no problems with the guys.
When she was about your age she was kind of embarassed to be so much taller than everyone else, especially the boys. I encouraged her for a long time to just be proud of herself for who she was and to be proud of her height.
It worked out better than I really liked! She is never without guys calling her or asking her out. She never cared how short they were, a couple of her boyfriends were a whole head shorter than she was!
She knew that what was important was what was on the inside, not the outside so she went out with whoever she liked!
That guy who calls you "tall Johnson" probably likes you! Just be yourself, like yourself the way you are and others will too!

mom of a tall girl

p.s. the only thing that bothers her is that EVERYONE asks her if she plays basketball!

The Following User Says Thank You to PatriciaB For This Useful Post:
rastro (01-05-2012)
Closed Thread