It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2004, 09:00 PM   #1

babyshll4141 HB User
Question i dunno what to put this under so i put it here lol

This isnt realy teen issues.. but.. i couldnt find anythig to put it under.. and sicne im a teen lol.. anyways.. in the past couple of days when i blow my nose.. i end up getting a bloody nose.. and it last for like 5 minutes.. and i dont think that should happen.. Its only happened at my house, but i dont want it ending up happening at school.. My mom is make me take vitemans.. she thinks i dont eat witch i do.. but thats not he point.. thats the only drug ive been using... and i dunno what else could cause this what coul dbe causing this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
Re: i dunno what to put this under so i put it here lol

My dad sometimes has the problem. I think if you go to the doctor they can help you. I am pretty sure there is a name for this problem, and the doctor does something to your nose to stop it. Go speak to your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2004, 01:30 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyshll4141
This isnt realy teen issues.. but.. i couldnt find anythig to put it under.. and sicne im a teen lol.. anyways.. in the past couple of days when i blow my nose.. i end up getting a bloody nose.. and it last for like 5 minutes.. and i dont think that should happen.. Its only happened at my house, but i dont want it ending up happening at school.. My mom is make me take vitemans.. she thinks i dont eat witch i do.. but thats not he point.. thats the only drug ive been using... and i dunno what else could cause this what coul dbe causing this?
The fact that it's only happening at your house sounds like humidity troubles. Try adding humidity to the house by boiling water on the stove, or running the shower with hot water and the bathroom door open. Inhale the steam from hot beverages. Purchase a saline based nasal spray to keep the nose moist inside.. not a decongestant... just a saline based one. Talk to the pharmacist, they should be able to suggest one. If the problem continues, go and see your doctor.

As for the length of time your nose bleeds. Do you take aspirin or pain medication with ibuprophen in it? Both of those will cause your blood to be thinner than usual and will prolong bleeding. 5 minutes for a nose bleed isn't really all that long. A bit longer than normal, but not too bad. If you do get another nose bleed, pinch the nostrils together, and apply an ice pack to the bridge of the nose.

Again, if you don't notice an improvement in a week or so by trying the extra humidity and saline nasal spray for moisture, go and see your doctor and get checked out; be sure to tell him what you did to trouble shoot.

Old 03-19-2004, 02:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User

Dont get too upset about it. It sounds like ppl here are getin a bit carried away.

I have the same problem, sept worse I spos. I get nose bleeds from absolutly nothing. I can have 3 in a day. More in hot wheather.

I just learnt to deal with them. After a while you work out ways to basically stop them there and then, I barely have any trouble at all now.

If you like, you can see your doctor who will probably tell you to have a simple operation to burn the viens in your nose to reduce the blood flow.

Its up to you. Have the operation (which isn't garenteed to work either) or just live with it.

Old 03-19-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
(male)

bleestic HB User

Going to the doctors wud be the best solution. i had the same problem and i went to the doctors n i was prescribed this nasal cream which worked great. my problem was that i had a burst blood vessel or sumthin n that was what caused my nose to bleed so often. dunno if its the same with u but u shud definately get it checked out.

Old 03-19-2004, 08:51 PM   #6

always HB User

humidity is usually the factor to a bloody nose... sometimes when youre sick too, that can contribute... buying a humidifier would probably be your best solution [esp. if you put it in your bed-room and run it at night]... they can cauterize the vessel shut if that's the problem, and even though it's not garaunteed to work, more often than not it does if that's the main problem and the doctor does it correctly...
take care

Closed Thread