It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 05:00 AM   #1
(female)

jillybelly HB User
getting over it

I was wondering... will I ever be the same around guys? I dumped my abusive ex back in february, but I'm still feeling the shock of it (plus he broke the restraining order and "someone" stole the keys to my jeep in school)

I dunno... it's just that I don't act the same around guys. I kinda get this sick feeling... I met this great guy on the internet. I know, I know... "internet dating". But he's a friend of my best friend. He lives a ferry ride from me. I think he's the kinda guy I would go for. I mean he's gorgeous, he thinks I am too... I luv basketball, he luvs basketball. He's not into drugs or anything, he's even kinda shy. I luv shy guys. We talk for a long time too. Longer than he talks to my friend even and she knows him...

I dunno. It's just that, say I met a guy that I had potential to like. I'm always sick around guys. Will I ever be able to go out with a guy that I like anymore? I wish I lived closer to the internet guy. He's great. He's just what I'd want in a guy....

Ahhhh, I'm sooo confused. I can't handle anything anymore. I'm just plain depressed. I saw a therapist... I'm going back sometime next week. Provincial basketball is on friday, but I've got a chest infection now so I won't be able to play much (got asthma). I'm still doing crappy in school. Got a 14% on a chem assignment (I had a 100% average )

i dunno. I just hate that i can't do anything anymore...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: getting over it

Hey its 8 ball again

I was wondering what happen to you. As things seem not that great from your post.

At this time I bet you are confused and it is normal to be. Just take your time before getting into a relationship. Let things settle with this one first. Your mind will tell you when you are readsy and right now its not if your confused.

Its nice to meet new people but don't get into a relationship right off. Take your time and try to enjoy life first

Old 03-22-2004, 03:17 PM   #3
(female)

jillybelly HB User

thanks 8ball (jeff lol)

It's just... I feel terrible. I can't get anything on track. My therapist pointed out that I don't take ownership of myself. I had siad something like... "If it were up to me I'd never have had sex in the first place". He was saying "who was it up to then".

Newaz... I dunno what to do. It's like everything in my life is ruined. I hurt physically now too. I've got a stupid chest infection and I don't think I'll be able to play provincial basketball which I've been training for since september..

stupid trivial problems....

jillybelly

Old 03-23-2004, 06:59 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybelly
thanks 8ball (jeff lol)

It's just... I feel terrible. I can't get anything on track. My therapist pointed out that I don't take ownership of myself. I had siad something like... "If it were up to me I'd never have had sex in the first place". He was saying "who was it up to then".

Newaz... I dunno what to do. It's like everything in my life is ruined. I hurt physically now too. I've got a stupid chest infection and I don't think I'll be able to play provincial basketball which I've been training for since september..

stupid trivial problems....

jillybelly

The best advice is to take this on step at a time. Don't rush into anything. Keep talking to your therapist and you'll see things will get better.

You don't need a guy in your life at this time. Yes, you have been emotionally hurt now you need to fix that before you get into another relationship.

Your pain will heal....just take it slowly

Closed Thread