It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 08:02 AM   #1

lovejones1 HB User
Some advice Please..Urgent

I need some help about something. There is this girl in my micro class. She is very attractive. Anyway, bout a month a go while we were on brake she come up to me and asked if we can get together and study sometime. We exchanged numbers and have been talking ever since.

Now i haven't noticed this before but when we are in class if I happen to look behind (she sits about 4 seats behind me) I sometimes cacth her looking at me. During class brakes we spend that time talking to each and after class we wait for each other to walk out together. As we are going our separte ways she always (It never fails for 4 weeks stright) ask me to call her. Now, i'm attracted to her but I'm not sure how she feels. Should I take the plunge and ask her out Or should I keep it as friends because it's not clear if she is interested or not. I usaully don't have a problem with asking women out. But somehow this is different. i think she is someone that I can see myself being with for a long time and i'm sorta nervous about being rejected and then having to face her afterwards in class

Old 03-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #2
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User
Re: Some advice Please..Urgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejones1
I need some help about something. There is this girl in my micro class. She is very attractive. Anyway, bout a month a go while we were on brake she come up to me and asked if we can get together and study sometime. We exchanged numbers and have been talking ever since.

Now i haven't noticed this before but when we are in class if I happen to look behind (she sits about 4 seats behind me) I sometimes cacth her looking at me. During class brakes we spend that time talking to each and after class we wait for each other to walk out together. As we are going our separte ways she always (It never fails for 4 weeks stright) ask me to call her. Now, i'm attracted to her but I'm not sure how she feels. Should I take the plunge and ask her out Or should I keep it as friends because it's not clear if she is interested or not. I usaully don't have a problem with asking women out. But somehow this is different. i think she is someone that I can see myself being with for a long time and i'm sorta nervous about being rejected and then having to face her afterwards in class

She could not be giving you any clearer clues than she is! Come ON!!! What do you need the girl to do? Dance a jig? Ask her out. Today!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywedgurl
She could not be giving you any clearer clues than she is! Come ON!!! What do you need the girl to do? Dance a jig? Ask her out. Today!!!

This cant be stated any better

Get jiggi wit it

Old 03-22-2004, 10:02 AM   #4
Veteran

Will M. HB User

It looks like she's interested, you can ask her out.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Newlywedgirl beat me to the punch! It's a green light! Go! Does the girl need to carry a big sign over her head saying ' ask me out' everytime she sees you? Hello?
Just kidding, have fun, you two will be dating soon

Old 03-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #6

Wakers HB User

yeah!! everyone's right man, ask her out now!! lol shes probably WAITING desperatly for you to ask her out. i pesonally never got why girls dont just ask us out :P

Old 03-22-2004, 04:41 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

brainchild HB User
Smile Re: Some advice Please..Urgent

From a girls point of view, I have been in this situation a few times, where i have really fancied a lad and we have flirted and im sure they have shown interest but because im scared of rejection, and also partly the idea in the back of my mind that the guy should ask the girl out, as old fashioned as it seems, i have held back and hoped and wished that that guy would ask me out, altho u might worry that they only want to be friends, more often than not if a girl is being flirtacious with you they will want more. she is probably going home every night thinking to herself, i wish he'd just ask me out. she's probably going through the same thoughts as you.
If u feel its right ask her out, if u feel u really cant then try n find some way of taking her out just as mates and then give her the chance to show further interest in you. just see how it goes!! best of luck!! xx

Old 03-23-2004, 07:02 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Let us know what happens man....

Old 03-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #9
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
Let us know what happens man....
Yeah, I hate cliff hangers!

Old 03-24-2004, 05:42 AM   #10

lovejones1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
Yeah, I hate cliff hangers!

I'll keep ya'll postd. I called last night and left a message but she didn't call back. Not stressing about that because she could've been working. She works in a hospital. I'll tyr again tonight. Wish me luck...Hope I don't chicken out

Old 03-24-2004, 06:34 AM   #11
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
I'll keep ya'll postd. I called last night and left a message but she didn't call back. Not stressing about that because she could've been working. She works in a hospital. I'll tyr again tonight. Wish me luck...Hope I don't chicken out

If you called her I am sure you won't chicken out. What I would do is don't call her tonight. Let a night pass and see if she will call. If she doesn't talk to her at school on Thurday and see if she wants to go out this weekend.

Just give it a night see if she will do the honors of calling you back

Old 03-24-2004, 07:06 AM   #12

lovejones1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
If you called her I am sure you won't chicken out. What I would do is don't call her tonight. Let a night pass and see if she will call. If she doesn't talk to her at school on Thurday and see if she wants to go out this weekend.

Just give it a night see if she will do the honors of calling you back
Ok, But I won't see again until Saturday in class. So don't call tonight but call on thursday talk a bit see if it goes well and before i hang up ask her out this weekend .. Sounds like a plan,, Thanks

Old 03-24-2004, 07:21 AM   #13
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Ok, But I won't see again until Saturday in class. So don't call tonight but call on thursday talk a bit see if it goes well and before i hang up ask her out this weekend .. Sounds like a plan,, Thanks
]

It sounds great to me

Old 03-25-2004, 10:00 AM   #14

Cherry HB User

Quote:

Boy you deffinetly need to ask her out!! Thats deffinetly a sign she likes you! Being a girl I can tell you personally I look at the guy I like in class all the time.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:23 AM   #15

lovejones1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry
Boy you deffinetly need to ask her out!! Thats deffinetly a sign she likes you! Being a girl I can tell you personally I look at the guy I like in class all the time.

Well, I would have like to come on here with better news but there is still hope. She called me on friday and we talked for about an hour laughing joking just havinf a nice time. I then felt comfortable enought to ask her out. She said she could'nt this weekend because she has to go to a baby shower. I understood that and i asked that maybe some other weekend we can get together and she said we can go and see a funny movie. Anyway, so far so good. But in class, this saturday she was kinda indifferent with me. At brake she I did get a chance to talk with her because befor i could pack up my bag she was already gone. After class i wanted for her and we talked and i accompanied her to the library and wanted for her to finish making copies. As we were leaving she was complainng about not wanting to go to the baby shower. So i said, Will if you don't want to go or if you go an don't stay long give me a call and we can go out and eat dinner or something. She then gave me a look but didn't say anything. As we were parting ways for the first time in 4 weeks she didn't ask me to call her. we said go bye. I was hoping she would call but she did not all weekend long. So now I don' know what I should do. I don't want to call because I don't wnat to seem desprate [Althouth I Am ]. So I left the ball in her court should i wait to call and let her call first and see what's what. Or should I call later in the week and ask her out again.

Closed Thread