It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

trail_of_tears HB User
how can i convince her

in my school there is this uniform policy well we r finally having free dress day and i want 2 ware my fishnet top but my mom doesnt let because when i were it my belly butten shows how can i convince her to let me ware that 2 school that day should i secretly put it in my backpack and ware it in school or sumthing i dont know what to do help....! please...!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: how can i convince her

Either hide it, and secretly put it on, or keep arguing with her--or both. I 100% against parental control regarding clothing. Parents should never make those decisions. Rebel!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #3

crazybabe_2004 HB User

put the shirt on then put something over it and when you get outta her site then take off the over shirt

Old 03-23-2004, 09:27 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Put that shirt in your back pack then put it on at school. Change before you go home afterwards.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #5
Inactive

maak823 HB User

Maybe there is a good reason that she doesn't want you to wear it- is it revealing and inappropriate for school? Maybe you can compromise with her and choose something you both will agree on.

I don't know about your school- but in our district, kids are not allowed to wear anything that allows the belly button to show. Seeing as your school has a uniform policy- I would imagine the dress code there is pretty strict- maybe she doesn't want you to get into trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail_of_tears
in my school there is this uniform policy well we r finally having free dress day and i want 2 ware my fishnet top but my mom doesnt let because when i were it my belly butten shows how can i convince her to let me ware that 2 school that day should i secretly put it in my backpack and ware it in school or sumthing i dont know what to do help....! please...!

Old 03-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #6
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Those dress code rules are so facsist. I can't stand the thought of seeing a a dozen kids walking down the street looking all the same.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:12 PM   #7
Inactive

maak823 HB User

Well is sounds like she attends either a private school or a public school with a uniform policy- its not up to her to agree with the rules, but she will have to follow them, whether she likes it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
Those dress code rules are so facsist. I can't stand the thought of seeing a a dozen kids walking down the street looking all the same.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:12 PM   #8
(female)

Carina HB User

I go to a public school that you cannot show your belly at all, and we wear fishnet shirts but we put a tank top under it. Either one like our skin color or one that would have a popping contrast.

Old 03-24-2004, 04:09 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Oh lord, I would have given my left arm if my old school would have sent their uniform policy to hell. Not only did we have weekday uniforms, but gym uniforms too! Yellow and green...at recess (this was elementary school) we all looked like a bunch of lemons and limes out in the schoolyard X)

Tell your mom that you want to express yourself. I do, and my mom, who isn't lenient about too much, allows me to wear guys clothing adorned in dragons, snakes, spiders, flames, daggers, and so on. I also wear jeans with straps across the back and huge HUGE leg openings.

I've seen kids about my high school wearing fishnet shirts like the one you described...and they wear a tanktop under it. We have a rule against belly a.k.a. "midriff" shirts too, but that doesn't stop nearly every female in the school from wearing them. So I say go for it. Don't let parents be the judge of what you wear. Best 'o luck.

Dark Stranger

Old 03-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Fair warning if your school doesnt want you to wear the shirt sneaking it wont help you. They can call your mom and have her come pick you up for wearing inapporiate clothes. Think on how you will explain to her on why you wore the shirt even though she told you no....humm could mean more trouble than it is worth.

I do have to say I am thankful that the schools I attended didnt have strict dress codes. Of course there was a dress code but not as strict as I see from these boards.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread