It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 06:49 PM   #1

Passion4BskBall HB User
cant lose him

there is this guy i think i am starting to like. the thing is i am young. i dont want to date until i get older because i dont want to be heartbroken at such a young age. i dont want to fall in love now. if something happens then, well ill be heart broken if and when we break up. i want to be older. there is this guy that really likes me and im starting to like him to. its just i dont want to date because of that reason. i dont know if he is telling the truth, he says he doesnt want to date me anymore. and then he said, do you want me to actually wait a year. i want him to but i dont care if he dates others. i just want to wait. im going through a hard time now with scholl and stuff. what should i do. its different with him. should i tell him to wait or just make a move. maybe kiss him and leave a note that says ill be here in a year, hopefully u will to. or what someone be creative. i want him to know he has a chance. and i want him to know i like him

Old 03-26-2004, 08:18 AM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: cant lose him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4BskBall
there is this guy i think i am starting to like. the thing is i am young. i dont want to date until i get older because i dont want to be heartbroken at such a young age. i dont want to fall in love now. if something happens then, well ill be heart broken if and when we break up. i want to be older. there is this guy that really likes me and im starting to like him to. its just i dont want to date because of that reason. i dont know if he is telling the truth, he says he doesnt want to date me anymore. and then he said, do you want me to actually wait a year. i want him to but i dont care if he dates others. i just want to wait. im going through a hard time now with scholl and stuff. what should i do. its different with him. should i tell him to wait or just make a move. maybe kiss him and leave a note that says ill be here in a year, hopefully u will to. or what someone be creative. i want him to know he has a chance. and i want him to know i like him

Yes, your are young but you have to remember you only live life once. You need to start taking chances. If you don't take him now you may have missed out and may never get him.

You need to take life into your hands but take chances at the same time. I understand you don't want to be heart broken but we all go through the difficulties of life...Thats what makes us a stronger person.

Go with the flow and date...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 08:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Sweetie, it doesn't matter how old you get, you will be heart broken at some point in your life. It's part of being human and part of loving. But remember, no matter how many times you are heart broken in your life, always remember to give the next guy a decent chance and don't compare him to the guys who hurt you. And always love like you've never been hurt. That's the important thing. Being in love is wonderful!! To let fear of being let down stand in your way of loving someone isn't such a healthy way to live your life. And will more than likely lead to alot of lonely sad times if you allow it to rule your life.

So take a chance. The worse thing that will happen is that you have fun for awhile and then things end. And that's normal. You will kiss alot of frogs in your life before you find your prince charming.

Quote:

Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyana
Sweetie, it doesn't matter how old you get, you will be heart broken at some point in your life. It's part of being human and part of loving. But remember, no matter how many times you are heart broken in your life, always remember to give the next guy a decent chance and don't compare him to the guys who hurt you. And always love like you've never been hurt. That's the important thing. Being in love is wonderful!! To let fear of being let down stand in your way of loving someone isn't such a healthy way to live your life. And will more than likely lead to alot of lonely sad times if you allow it to rule your life.

So take a chance. The worse thing that will happen is that you have fun for awhile and then things end. And that's normal. You will kiss alot of frogs in your life before you find your prince charming.

Great insight

And I agree you need to take a chance...Thats the only way it will make you stronger.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #5

Passion4BskBall HB User

ya well, i dont want to fall in love at an early age, in high school. ill be a soph next year thats why i want to wait until next year. i think he could be special and i dont want to mess it up be both of us being at a young age. plus he needs to fix somethings. he is a lil bit i dont know, he has anger management problems. i know he wouldnt hit me but he likes gettin into fights. he was in special ed cuz of it. but if u talk one on one like we do, every night for hours you would just love him, he is so sweet but i think he needs to fix somethings before we get together. maybe i should go out with him now, but being on a frosh, my schedual is hectic. im trying to handle being on varsity basketball, and school work and stuff. and it is all hard, i think next year would be easier because it will be the same and i will know more about high school and the way it is run. i just dont think i have time for a relationship right now. or even over summer because we have summer ball. we go out of town and state. this year we might be going to nevada. so we might go out of state four times. its so much to handle. he knows i like him. maybe friends with benefits. and not benefits like u know "benefits" lol but hang out, kinda date but not get to serious. would that make sense?

Old 03-28-2004, 06:31 PM   #6

SneakyToast HB User

Well.

Being youngand starting to date.

First things first. You aren't going to fall in love now. Sorry to break it to you this way.

I know that that first boyfriend means everything. I've been there and through that. But in the end, that first boyfriend is NOT going to be the one you are with forever. So, look at it this way. You are going to get heartbroken over the first one sometime in your life. You choose when.

Secondly, again, no offense meant, but your guy is NOT (and I'll repeat this again, most likely NOT) going to wait for you. It might not be because he doesn't like you (in all likelihood he does) but you guys are going to drift apart, you are going to go your seperate ways.

So, my advice, is to go for it. I mean, dating doesn't mean you HAVE to kiss, and have sex. It's nothing like that.

A lot of times, dating can be good friends, but a little more, you know. You take it where you want it to go.

If the guy breaks your heart, he was never a guy for you anyway.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:42 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
ya well, i dont want to fall in love at an early age, in high school. ill be a soph next year thats why i want to wait until next year. i think he could be special and i dont want to mess it up be both of us being at a young age. plus he needs to fix somethings. he is a lil bit i dont know, he has anger management problems. i know he wouldnt hit me but he likes gettin into fights. he was in special ed cuz of it. but if u talk one on one like we do, every night for hours you would just love him, he is so sweet but i think he needs to fix somethings before we get together. maybe i should go out with him now, but being on a frosh, my schedual is hectic. im trying to handle being on varsity basketball, and school work and stuff. and it is all hard, i think next year would be easier because it will be the same and i will know more about high school and the way it is run. i just dont think i have time for a relationship right now. or even over summer because we have summer ball. we go out of town and state. this year we might be going to nevada. so we might go out of state four times. its so much to handle. he knows i like him. maybe friends with benefits. and not benefits like u know "benefits" lol but hang out, kinda date but not get to serious. would that make sense?

I hear your side of the story and if you are not ready then keep clear and enjoy life. You only live once

Old 03-29-2004, 03:04 PM   #8

Passion4BskBall HB User

ok well first off he wouldnt be my first boyfriend. i have dated before. thing is, i know he probably would wait. there is something about him, that makes me feel so safe when just talking to him. he calls me eight times a day, we talk for hours. we are up til early morning on the weekends talking to eachother. i dont feel like dating because, i think he could be something special. i know it probably wouldnt last but there is a small chance it will. i want to be old enough that when we do date, its something i can handle. i know with him it will be a long lasting relationship. I dont necessarily believe in love at first sight, because a healthy relationship would be based on looks only, you have to take a deeper look and really know that person. i have taken a deeper look, and maybe he isnt the hottest guy, he still is someone im starting to fall for, whether it be, puppy love or an actual heart throbbing love. its all love isnt it. i feel like i know him. and i know he will wait. i told him not to, he should date others, and he says he wont date until he dates me. he says these things, they are so... i dont know but his words capture me. i just wish i could kiss him, and not let it become more of a friendship yet. i want to "know him" but i dont want it to go beyond the extent of a platonic relationship. Do you ever kiss a friend, and just a friend. is it ok to do that? someone help me please with what is ok and what is not okay for a platonic relationship. thank you so much

Old 03-30-2004, 07:09 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
ok well first off he wouldnt be my first boyfriend. i have dated before. thing is, i know he probably would wait. there is something about him, that makes me feel so safe when just talking to him. he calls me eight times a day, we talk for hours. we are up til early morning on the weekends talking to eachother. i dont feel like dating because, i think he could be something special. i know it probably wouldnt last but there is a small chance it will. i want to be old enough that when we do date, its something i can handle. i know with him it will be a long lasting relationship. I dont necessarily believe in love at first sight, because a healthy relationship would be based on looks only, you have to take a deeper look and really know that person. i have taken a deeper look, and maybe he isnt the hottest guy, he still is someone im starting to fall for, whether it be, puppy love or an actual heart throbbing love. its all love isnt it. i feel like i know him. and i know he will wait. i told him not to, he should date others, and he says he wont date until he dates me. he says these things, they are so... i dont know but his words capture me. i just wish i could kiss him, and not let it become more of a friendship yet. i want to "know him" but i dont want it to go beyond the extent of a platonic relationship. Do you ever kiss a friend, and just a friend. is it ok to do that? someone help me please with what is ok and what is not okay for a platonic relationship. thank you so much

This is kinda wierd lol...It does seem deep down you really like/love this boy but you are scared of getting hurt. You may be considered to young to date but like I quoted once "you only live once" so that means you may need to start taking chances.

Even if there is a slight chance that you may last you really don't know if you tried dating him. If it was me I would say take the chance. You may get hurt but that is life we all get hurt from time to time. By getting hurt thats what make us stronger.

Closed Thread