It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #1

sunnyhk HB User
A few question about a certain girl.....

Ok....There is this girl in my school that is always standing alone in the mournings and I hardly ever see her talk....But the thing is...SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!! .......Well Iwalkedandstood beside her for the first time today and started a conversation...I said stuff like how you doing, whats ur name,what classes do you have next etc.....When I asked her how she was doing she just nodded her head(I guess that means "im good") And when I asked her questions she replied and made eye contact but then after she got done replying she would look striaght ahead....She asked me a few things like whats my teachers name but she only asked like 2 questions....I basically had to ask her all the questions......
My question is....why didnt she maintain eye contact and why was she so quiet????

Is it because she is shy or is she just not interested in me....????

And what do you all suggest I do the next time I try and start a conversation with her????? Should I tell her how good she looks...should I ask her if she has a boyfriend?????? should I ask her for her phone number???
btw ive only talked to her once and it was for like 10 mins....... and I only can talk to her for like 10 mins each mourn before the bell rings...

Last edited by sunnyhk; 03-26-2004 at 03:39 PM.

Old 03-26-2004, 05:07 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: A few question about a certain girl.....

Hey, it's great that you went up to her.

She sounds shy. I suggest you keep talking to her, and whenever you pass her in the hall, smile, and say 'hi.' Let her know that you are a friend. I would ask her any personal questions yet, like phone number, boyfriend, or hit on her. Show her that you respect her--because you do right? and she'll grow to trust you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 08:14 PM   #3

sunnyhk HB User

Well...I talked to her for the first time today for like 10 mins (Friday)

Should I come up to her on monday and talk some more????? or should I just walk by her and wave and not actually come up to her to have a conversation....?????
And should I ask her if she has any instant messenger programs...and if she does ask her for her screen name...the next time I have a conversation with her??....And in the mourning for like 10 mins is the only time I will see her because my school is HUGE~~~~~

(Remember: she is alone in the mournings with no one to talk too....)

Last edited by sunnyhk; 03-26-2004 at 08:17 PM.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:50 PM   #4
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Talk to her! Take any chance you have to talk to her! Ask her how her weekend was, she may just say 'I don't know,' or 'fine,' but just keep making conversation. Don't be afraid to tell her what you did, because that gives her more information about who you are, and what kinds of interests you have. This could also raise a thought into her head, and she'll probably talk more openly about what she did. Don't be afraid to be funny and spontaneous, around her too. You could also tell her a funny story or something. Maybe, find out what kinds of things she likes to do, or hobbies and use that to make converation. That will make her want to talk more. Asking for her screen name seems reasonable, but I would be worried about if she's even a shy-typer too, or something. I have friends that will take forever to enter text, and I think they are typing something big, and then it just comes out as "okay." I don't see a problem asking for her SN though. At least you'll have it.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #5

sunnyhk HB User

Why do you think she is all alone in the mournings thow????

Old 03-27-2004, 07:57 AM   #6
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhk
Why do you think she is all alone in the mournings thow????
Well, I don't know much about her, but a few of guesses I have are she could be new, her friends don't get there until later, or she's shy. Are there other people around in the morning, or is it just you two?

Old 03-27-2004, 08:34 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Like Will said its great you went up to her to talk...

Now it does seem she is shy. There are plenty of reasons why she could be shy:

1. she may be new to the school.
2. She may not have many friends because she is the shy type.
3. She doesn't know who you are and was afraid to resopnd.

Don't think that she may not like you. Try to make conversations with her daily so she gets to know you. If she is new then it would be great for you to be her first friend to show her around

Get to know her before you ask for a phone number. You don't want to scare her off. But just continue saying hi and smile at her. See what her reactions are. You will be able to tell if she isn't interested. Look at the bright side though...you still had the guts to say hi and become a friend.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #8

sunnyhk HB User

Well she has been going to this school for a year....And in the afternoon I hang out with my friends in the courtyard and I see her walk by....she has like 3 friends....I see her talking to this boy but I dont know if it is her BoyFriend or not....I never see them hold hands or kiss and stuff....I see him playing around with her thow...he would like throw some paper at her or grass and laugh about it......He is like probley 1 inch shorter than her and he isnt fat but he is a tiny bit chunky....not much thow.....I dont mean to be mean or stereotype but he looks kind of geeky (No offense to him)...
Do you all think it is her Boy friend?????

Old 03-27-2004, 09:21 AM   #9

sunnyhk HB User

And if she thinks that im hot will she have a hard time talking to me and keeping eye contact while we are talking..?????

Old 03-27-2004, 09:46 AM   #10
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Does she actually get along with that guy? He seems annoying, and it sounds like he's just trying to get her attention. Don't throw stuff at her though, your better than that. Could be nothing but her brother, or just an old friend. Either way, keep getting to know her, and be her friend.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #11

sunnyhk HB User

ok thnx for the info

Last edited by sunnyhk; 03-27-2004 at 10:29 AM.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:32 AM   #12
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will M.
Does she actually get along with that guy? He seems annoying, and it sounds like he's just trying to get her attention. Don't throw stuff at her though, your better than that. Could be nothing but her brother, or just an old friend. Either way, keep getting to know her, and be her friend.

Right on...Thats the best way..Be a friend and see where that takes you

Old 03-28-2004, 03:27 AM   #13

Kylie1 HB User

It really doesnt sound like those two are dating.

When I'm approached by a guy I'm not interested in him, I act like she does. If he asks me a question, I be polite and answer but I look away after I've answered, hoping he won't keep up conversation. Although, I don't ever ask questions back unless I'm interested.

This girl is either:
1) Shy and has trouble keeping up a conversation with you because of that
2) or isn't interested and is trying to be polite, but not polite enough as to give you the wrong idea

Just keep talking to her. Don't try and get in to massive conversations, just keep up the small talk. After you have talked to shy people a few times, they start opening up a bit and aren't as nervous around you. If you find that after talking with her a few times, her conversation skills haven't changed or have become worse, she isn't shy, just not interested.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:24 AM   #14

sunnyhk HB User

Well I wonder if it is because of the class of person I am...I am the type that puts gel in my hair and the spikes lay down but I have a spike that sticks up here and there and I wear jeans that are faded in the front and back the brands of jeans I wear are kelvin clines,lee,and levi...
and I wear adidas,nike,and POLO shirts......and I wear adidas tennis shoes and sketchers that look like dress shoes but they have GRIPPERS on the bottom of them....And she looks like she doesnt wear all that much makeup and I dont think she spends hours doing her hair like the girls do that talk to guys that are of my class....she dosnt wear clothes that are "stylish" and she doesnt wear "name brands".....But I dont care.....I think its a good thing that she doesnt put on much makeup,spend hours doing her hair,and doesnt wear stylish clothes....
and she is 2 years younger than me.....
SO do you think she is SHY by the way I dress????

And I dont think other people consider her extremly hot...but I think she is extremly hot.....
I dont even know why I think she is so hot....she just IS....!!!!
its so weird...

Last edited by sunnyhk; 03-28-2004 at 09:49 AM.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:46 AM   #15
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhk

And I dont think other people consider her extremly hot...but I think she is extremly hot.....
I dont even know why I think she is so hot....she just IS....!!!!
its so weird...
It doesn't matter what people think. If you like her then you go for her. Every person seeks different interest in thier love.

Just go up to her and be friendly...Eventually she will open up to you. Go get her tiger.

Closed Thread