It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 04:55 PM   #1

doyouspeakwhale HB User
Exclamation What do guys want??!

Ok, so it's obviously easy to make us girls happy... a guy buys us flowers or a teddy bear and whatever. but I want to do something special to surprise my boyfriend, but uh it wouldn't seem right to give him flowers or something, so what can I do?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
Inactive

Pyroenix HB User
Re: What do guys want??!

Cookies! Home baked is best.

... At least if I was a guy, I'd be happy with cookies ^.^

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2004, 09:11 PM   #3

always HB User

yes, cookies will do it... you could take him out to dinner... or cook dinner... take him on a night out thing-deal... you could rent/buy him some of his favorite movies and spend a night in... is your bf into music or anything? has he hinted at anything he'd like while you guys were out ... or is there anything he always says... "i want..." or... "i'd like"...
i bought my boyfriend an acoustic/electric guitar... and will probably get something simpsons related... something he wanted, and something that he's interested in that's random... there are endless ideas... and sometimes, the most random ones can be the most touching and memorable...

Old 03-28-2004, 05:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User

If its just a small something. Then anything that shows inniative will impress him. Doesn't matter as long as it shows how much you like him.

If your've got a bit of money. Maybe something engraved? Something to remind him of you. Again, shows him you care.

Old 03-28-2004, 08:20 AM   #5

biskobird HB User

dont buy or bake ur guy some cokies it wont work hunni just take a seat and think what does he like if he likes fotty get him some tickets to watch his fav team play or take him to the pub and watch it wid a coulple of pints oe buy him a football to try and do some skills in the garden if he aint a big fan or fotty then take him to a music shop and ask him wot he wants then but it from him it might just work all i can say now is good luck love me amy x-x-x-x-x

Old 03-28-2004, 06:22 PM   #6

dude man HB User

Most guys who truely like you won't care what you get them. mostly just something personal. A homemade CD works or go see a sports game or movie that he loves. It's mostly the thought that counts.

Old 03-28-2004, 07:13 PM   #7

MuneTeika HB User

Me and my boyfriend only exchange gifts that would mean something to us for a long long time. I made him a necklace with a skeleton key I've kept with me since I was a child. Told him it was the key to my heart. He made me a silver braided ring, with my initial on it. (yes he made it, his mother is a silversmith).

So I would say go for something personal. Baked goods, Art, Something that says I love you, but not a cheesy way (but sometimes cheesy is still good).

Old 03-28-2004, 09:22 PM   #8

always HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by biskobird
dont buy or bake ur guy some cokies it wont work hunni
i object! "won't work"... ?... she wanted to get her boyfriend something... to do something for him... a "surprise"... acts of kindness and love are in no need of having something "work" or some major reward-type deal... imo- atleast
... i'm sure if you know what kind of cookies your b.f likes... [or any baked good for that matter...] he'll appreciate it... an di mean, if you add it ontop of some other small gift... [whether it's something he wants or more-sentimental in nature...] then it's like "wow"... , i have my sincere doubts the guy won't appreciate it... unless you made a mistake and it's something that he absoultey hates... is allergic to... or... if he's just kind of "shallow"...

i don't usually do major gifts for my b/f, but he's done a lot for me as it is... and i'll get him random things when he's sick or if he's sort of down or stressed... or, just sort of... as a "surprise" ...

Old 03-29-2004, 10:02 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouspeakwhale
Ok, so it's obviously easy to make us girls happy... a guy buys us flowers or a teddy bear and whatever. but I want to do something special to surprise my boyfriend, but uh it wouldn't seem right to give him flowers or something, so what can I do?!

Believe it or not but for most guys you don't need to do much to impress them. Cook him up one of your best meals or give him a lovely massage. He will enjoy your company no matter what you do for him.

Closed Thread