It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2004, 03:35 PM   #1

Passion4BskBall HB User
Question what is "crossing the line"

ok well first off he wouldnt be my first boyfriend. i have dated before. thing is, i like this guy "jake". he really likes me too. he has asked me out alot and we talk all the time. he is the same grade as me. we will be soph. next year. i have told him i dont really want to date him because of my schedual. im on varsity basketball, school is gettin harder by the min. he said he would wait for me. i told him i want to wait until next year when im a lil older and stuff. i know he probably would wait. there is something about him, that makes me feel so safe when just talking to him. he calls me eight times a day literally and i call him too, we talk for hours. on the weekends we talk all night. i dont feel like dating because, i think he could be something special. i know it probably wouldnt last because now it would be considered "puppy love" right. but there is a small chance it will. and i know he would make me happy. i want to be old enough that when we do date, its something i can handle. i want to be able to say no, and what is okay to do. i know with him it will be a long lasting relationship. and i know he will never make me do something i dont want him to do. he has a lil anger management problem, he likes to fight guys, i think maybe an ego problem, like he wants to act macho you know. I dont necessarily believe in love at first sight, because a the relationship would be based on looks only,to have a healthy relationship looks dont matter, you have to take a deeper look and really know that person. i have taken a deeper look, and maybe he isnt the hottest guy, he still is someone im starting to fall for, whether it be, puppy love or an actual heart throbbing love. its all love, isnt it. i feel like i have known him forever and i know he will wait. i told him not to, he should date others, and he says he wont date until he dates me. he says these things, they are so... i dont know incredible, but his words capture me. i just wish i could kiss him, and not let it become more of a friendship yet. i want to "know him" but i dont want it to go beyond the extent of a platonic relationship. Do you ever kiss a friend, and just a friend. is it ok to do that? someone help me please with what is ok and what is not okay for a platonic relationship. there are all these different guys at school, he just happend to cross my path one day and catch my eye. my friends dont like him too much. "hes not hot, hes a F*g" but i like him and thats all that matters. so if you could help me to know whats crossing the like, i would appreciate that.

Last edited by Passion4BskBall; 03-29-2004 at 03:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2004, 06:03 PM   #2

chelsea_girl HB User
Re: what is "crossing the line"

well first off you are very very lucky. dont lose him! ok well i dont know if u have heard but sometimes if people get too friendly there is not really a chance for a relationship because it gets all awkward and you dont feel that you can get any closer. if you guys talk on the phone all the time and he is really interested in you as you are him then go for it! i understand that u want to get a little older and that he will wait but if he is standing there right in front of you then dont let another minute pass you by. seriously i dare you to kiss him next time you guys are togther it would be soooo sweet!

Old 03-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #3

Passion4BskBall HB User

ok ill try, but wanna hear some other peoples opinions first. and ya sry i know its a double post, i wanted to change it a little but it wouldnt let me in the thing so basically i re wrote the whole thing again.
i might kiss him i dont know yet. but ill keep ya posted

Old 03-30-2004, 07:42 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4BskBall
ok ill try, but wanna hear some other peoples opinions first. and ya sry i know its a double post, i wanted to change it a little but it wouldnt let me in the thing so basically i re wrote the whole thing again.
i might kiss him i dont know yet. but ill keep ya posted
Its ok about the doulbe post but the other thing you can try is edit next time.
Edit will allow you to change thing of course or you can bump your post to the top.

Old 04-11-2004, 08:58 PM   #5

SweetasSugar07 HB User
Smile Re: what is "crossing the line"

Hey. It seems like I am about the same age as you. I have had a b/f for a little over a year now. When he told me he liked me in 8th grade I was a little shy about it at first. A lot like you, I didn't want to get too serious about it because I was so young. But I realized that if I didn't take the chance now with this guy that seemed so perfect for me, I might never get another one. So I went for it, and like I said we have been together for over a year. This guy you talk about seems really sweet, and he seems to really like you. If you know that he won't pressure you into doing anything you don't want to, then take it slow. O and it is possible to be in love at "our" age. But I agree you have to be more than physically attracted to someone to feel that much for them. My opinion is to go for it. Go out with him and see if he really is the one. It never hurts to try. O yea, and don't worry about what your friends say, if you really like him thats all that matters. Hope that helped!!

Old 04-13-2004, 05:30 PM   #6

Passion4BskBall HB User

well if u read my recent post i got in a lil trouble. i think i am going to wait just a lil while maybe mid summer, i know gettin too close may seem awkward but i dont know i just cant stop thinking about him. its wierd actually lol. but after what just happened i think im ganna keep it on the platonic level. he has waited for me since september, whats another couple months lol. but i dont plan to lose him. since i am grounded from the phone, you think maybe i could write him a letter, kinda long ( he got in trouble at school so now he has inschool, so he is in the same class room with nothing to do but work) so i was thinkng about giving him a letter to read and he can write back or something. is that kinda corny?

Closed Thread