It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 09:49 AM   #1

triggert HB User
Dating & Kissing

I'm 19 years old. I've only had 2 girlfriends in my life and neither of these were very serious. I didn't really have any feelings at all for either of them. We made out a few times when we were going together but after we break up both of them made the comments that I suck at kissing, plain and simple. It hurt my feelings and every since I've lost interest in dating, I think out of fear and anger. Its going on a year now almost and I'm wondering what I can do to get back on my feet. Lately I've got the urge to try it again but then I talk myself out of it. What to do? And just how important is it to females that the guy be a good kisser?

Trigg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2004, 09:58 AM   #2

Indiana Hopeful HB User
Re: Dating & Kissing

I think its awesome that you are asking what women enjoy. I think thats all you really have to do... next time you are with someone that you care about and you kiss them just talkm about it. If they thought you needed improvement just ask them what you can do to make it feel better for them or have them show you The thing to remember is its not just about what they enjoy... but if you can get them to enjoy it... you will too What do you think?

Steph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2004, 10:12 AM   #3

triggert HB User

That sounds like a good idea. I'm kinda shy though and its hard enough to kiss. I guess I need to just try it. I'm not confident enough to just talk to women yet so I'm having a friend of mine help me out. Hopefully he can find someone decent.

Trigg

Old 03-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #4

rainagain HB User

you have to remember that not all girls like the same thing. you just need practice thats all. The best advice i can give you is that next time your with a girl ask her what she likes. i know it might be wierd at first but thats the only sure way of knowing what she is going to enjoy. another thing you can do is try not to force anything let her lead you when you kiss. i remember one time it was the first time i was going out with this guy, and when he kissed me it was one of the sloopiest kisses ever, the problem was that he was trying too hard, and he wouldn't let me do anything,it just got annoying. So just take your time next time.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:56 AM   #5

triggert HB User

Girls don't get ****** when you ask em what they like? I always thought guys were just supposed to know.

Trigg

Old 03-31-2004, 01:25 PM   #6
MissyMe

If you have any close friends that are girls, ask them to practice kissing with you. That's happened with me a few times. Tell them it's totally innocent, and you just want to learn how to be a great kisser.

Also, have more confidence, but don't be over confident. Girls don't want guys that are cocky as hell, nor do they want a guy that's scared to make a move.

Think before you take action. Action before thinking gets many guys in trouble.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:04 PM   #7

triggert HB User

Hmmm, I hadn't really considered that. I have a few females friends, I'll have to think about some way to approach them about it.

As far as confidence, I also have acne which gives me a hard time. I've gotta over most of it and I feel better about myself. Action before thinking...sometimes I think I think too much. I'll work it on, thanks for the advice everyone.

Trigg

Old 03-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #8

alwaysgod2 HB User

ok i was gonna ask for the girls side. lol. Ive only really had one kiss in my life and that was like 1 sec cuz i was uncomfortable because i didnt know how. Sorry if that sounds reealllly stupid. And i dont know...how.. lol

Old 03-31-2004, 04:01 PM   #9
MissyMe

Kissing is simple really. The more you think about it, the harder it is. If you just relax, and go with the flow, you'll be a much better kisser.

Don't kiss hard at first. Give soft kisses. They're much nicer.

Hard kisses are for when you're caught up in the heat of the moment.

And how to approach a friend-girl.... just say you'd like to learn how to kiss, and you were wondering if they could help you out, and teach you. I'm sure they'll be willing, girls are good at helping.

Old 03-31-2004, 05:58 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

It's always a good thing to ask the girl what she wants. My boyfriend will constantly ask me if he can do such things as put his arm around me (we aren't close in a sexual sense, but in an innocent adorable loving sort of way we are ), and I'd rather he do that than just go right ahead and do it, because he tried that once when he put his hand on my bare stomach and I freaked out (I am very sensitive, even if it is someone I trust), so now he always makes sure he can do something before he attempts it.

So ask questions, lots of them, so you will know what the girl wants. Best of luck to you, my friend.

(and if you ask me, kissing should not be a HUGE thing in a relationship; a kiss, no matter how "bad" is a sign of some kind of good feeling toward the person and they should realize that and be happy...but that is only my opinion.)

Dark Stranger

Old 04-01-2004, 01:34 AM   #11

Kylie1 HB User

It may help to not go in to a full kiss straight away. Start out with a few pecks on the lips, then a slightly open mouthed kiss, then slip in a little tongue when you feel comfortable.

Don't try too hard when you kiss, just keep it simple. All of the bad kissers I've had are usually the guys who are trying to wiggle their tongues in every direction. Keep the kisses soft, simple, and reasonably short.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:05 PM   #12

chelsea_girl HB User

haha. i have never seriously kissed anyone. like just a few pecks but no open mouth. so im just as scared as you. in my opinion, i think it would be a whole lot better that a guy asked what i liked, because i would be too scared to just be like ya do it like this! ya know?

Old 04-01-2004, 02:20 PM   #13

alwaysgod2 HB User

lol ya i know what you mean. And to make matters worse im so stinken shy so if it came to responding if a guy asked. all my words would mumble jumble up and i come out looking stupid. lol

Old 04-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #14
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

This is kind of tuff..Its awful to say but in todays world if you got it going on then the girl will love you.

The way I would like things to be(of course I am just fanatsizing) is that more girls and guys look for other trait in character rather than body or kissing.

I am sorry to say but it a girl is only interested because you kiss good then your in the wrong relationship. You want someone that will at least look beyond that.

Old 04-01-2004, 05:48 PM   #15

triggert HB User

The way I look at it, when your dating your just sort of preparing yourself for the person your gonna marry. I worry that since I don't have very much experience in the dating & kissing field that if I do happen to meet the person that I could possibly marry that she might not care for me as much because I lack certain qualities that most other guys have. But then again, if she really likes you then she can look past that but sometimes in my opinion that can be hard to do. I don't know, its all too confusing for me.

Trigg

Closed Thread