It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 07:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Unhappy Depressed

The last week has been really depressing for me. There is this girl in one of my classes that I like and wanted to ask out. I kept putting it off and it was the last week of school this week. The class we have together is on Mondays and Wednesdays. I finally convinced myself to talk to her this week. On Monday, I had a 2 great chances to talk to her, but lost my nerve. I figured I would do it on Wednesday. On Wednesday, last day of the class, she wasn't there. In about 3 weeks, it's the exam, and there is a chance I might see her there. But college exams have lots of people writing exams at the same time, so I might not see her. What can I do to feel better? My last memory of her is me having 2 great chances to talk to her, but never did. Please don't tell me I'll find someone else soon. I don't date often, so when this type of thing happens, I get my hopes really high, then when things go wrong, I get really depressed.

Last edited by Andrew29; 04-01-2004 at 10:20 AM.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Depressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew29
The last week has been really depressing for me. There is this girl in one of my classes that I like and wanted to ask out. I kept putting it off and it was the last week of school this week. The class we have together is on Mondays and Wednesdays. I finally convinced myself to talk to her this week. On Monday, I had a 2 great chances to talk to her, but lost my nerve. I figured I would do it on Wednesday. On Wednesday, last day of the class, she wasn't there. In about 3 weeks, it's the exam, and there is a chance I might see her there. But college exams have lots of people writing exams at the same time, so I might not see her. What can I do to feel better? My last memory of her is me having 2 great chances to talk to her, but never did. Please don't tell me I'll find someone else soon. I don't date often, so when this type of thing happens, I get my hopes really high, then when things go wrong, I get really depressed.

First off if you are having great thoughts about her like this then its time to play dectective. Time to take out that trench coat and wierd hat.

Basically, you need to find out more about. If you don't get to see her then ask her teach who she is. Once you have a name ask your friends or at parties if people know her. It may sound desperate but if you don't want to let her go then you have to do anything.

Next thing is if you see her...DONT be a fool go talk to her. Whats the worst that can happen...Umm she goes the other direction..Big deal you'll find someone else.

But this one is in your hands, don't mope around do something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 03:12 PM   #3

ZeroJester HB User

I agree with eightball on this one. If you don't already know her name, ask your teacher or someone else who would possibly know. And then in conversation with one of your friends (prefferably a female friend) ask "hey do you know so and so?" Whether they say yes and ask why, or no and ask why, say "Oh I was just wondering, because she's really cute". Your friend can either try to introduce you or ord will very likely get back to this girl you like that you are interested in her and things will play out from there.

I don't exactly know your situation so I can't give much better advice. But find out about the girl, and try to find out what kind of things she's interested in. If you have a good female friend, ask her about this girl and see what you can get out of that.

Good luck bro!

Old 04-02-2004, 06:59 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Also, I would like you to keep me updated. Iwant to know how you approached her.

Old 04-02-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

Thanks for the advice. However, I don't think I will be playing any "detective". It's near impossible to be able to track down 1 person in a big college, especially when classes are over. Plus, I don't know who her friends may be or what program she might be studying.

Like I said in my 1st post, the final exam is in 3 weeks. All I can do is wait and hope I see her then. I'm feeling a little bit better today, but if I don't see her again at the exam, I'm going to be really upset again.

Last edited by Andrew29; 04-02-2004 at 09:47 AM.

Old 04-02-2004, 10:16 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Well you have keep me updated in three weeks but if you are not the detective type then you can't bug out if you see her. This is you last chance...take it

Old 04-28-2004, 07:22 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

It's been 3 weeks, i just wanted to provide an update. I saw her at the exam and asked her out. I didn't try anything fancy, I just asked her if she wanted to get together sometime. Unfortunetly, her answer was no because she had a boyfriend already. She did say that she would have gone out with me if she didn't have a boyfriend, so that raises my confidence a little. Although, I'm still depressed that she said "no", I am glad that I was able to see her one last time and tell her how I felt. So, let this be a lesson to everyone, if you like someone, just go for it. The feeling of not knowing if the answer is yes or no is much worse than knowing if it is yes or no. So thats it. And thanks for the advice.

Although, a new problem kinda exits. I should have asked her how long she and her boyfriend have been together for. Now, it makes me wonder if I had asked her out 3 weeks ago, would she have been available at the time?

Last edited by Andrew29; 04-28-2004 at 09:49 PM.

Old 04-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #8
Veteran

Will M. HB User

That's great that you did that, and it shows that you are good enough for anyone! If she's not the one, than there must be someone better out there for you, remember that.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:09 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Everything happens for a reason... I don't know what this reason maybe be but it help you boost you confidence..Good job.

Closed Thread