It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 08:47 PM   #1

kwyjibo HB User
Please help... Horrible at Phys Ed but wanna get better

For most my life, I wasn't that physically active (obese until a few years ago) and I was horrible at sports. They never came easily for me. However, now, I am fairly fit, but still have trouble playing sports (recreationally). I am possibly the worst male in my Phys Ed. class, and this is alot for me to handle. Can anyone please give me some tips on how I could improve my skills in Phys Ed? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #2

Liliput HB User
Re: Please help... Horrible at Phys Ed but wanna get better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyjibo
For most my life, I wasn't that physically active (obese until a few years ago) and I was horrible at sports. They never came easily for me. However, now, I am fairly fit, but still have trouble playing sports (recreationally). I am possibly the worst male in my Phys Ed. class, and this is alot for me to handle. Can anyone please give me some tips on how I could improve my skills in Phys Ed? Thanks.

Practice. If there's one sport you like, stick with it and practice. Not everybody is good at sports right off the bat. Some people are never good at sports. No big thing. Contrary to popular belief, not all guys are good at every sport.

Like I said, pick one you are interested in and practice, practice, practice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2004, 05:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I know how you feel. I too was obese in 9th grade but I lost a lot of weight and now you would think I could do better in gym but I can't...I am terrible at running and at every sport known to man (excluding pool ). Also I am not a team player...I'm independent and I just hate being on a team. Oh yeah, that and the fact that during hockey, soccer, and basketball my own team members would steal the ball/puck from me so they could score. And in volleyball (Im currently playing in gym), the ball may come toward me but when I'm about to hit it someone else will dive in front of me and get it up; let me tell you how much I want to knock those kids out. They have NO faith in me.

But I have gone off on a tangent, no? The bottom line is to make it look like you're participating and everyting will be okay

Dark Stranger

Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Everyone has at least one thing that they are good at and they have one thing they are not so good at. Maybe sports are just not your thing. For me I was never good at sports and I played it all baseball was the only that I did really well in.

Don't fuss it...People will say practice makes perfect which is true. You can become good but you have to practice. Another option is find somthing that you are good at or are interesting in and stick to that.

Closed Thread