It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #1

awthyug HB User
Problem...

Hey well... when I was in middle school I was pretty popular and all the girls liked me, then I went to highschool and freshman year it was pretty much the same thing but another town comes to our school and there's all these new people to meet and I usually make friends REALLY easy because everyone says I'm wreally really funny and I make everyone laugh... but sophmore year's been pretty difficult to make new friends, I lost touch with all the girls because they're all going out with upperclassmen and alot of the guys because I just didn't really talk to many of them during the summer... and I'm friends with some upperclassmen but when it comes time to meet someone that is just as funny as me or more funnier and popular I find myself to freeze and have nothing to talk to them about and I want to hang around with them because I think they're cool and all and I want to have more friends like I used to but I just don't want to ask them to hang out because I'm afraid that they don't want to or will just laugh at me... any help? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2004, 01:48 PM   #2

rainagain HB User
Re: Problem...

you have to stop being scared just go for it because if you dont your just going to spend all your time thinking about what you could be doing instead of going for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #3

Malificent HB User
Talking Re: Problem...

The best way to make the best friends is to be yourself. You don't have to ever worry about letting your guard down. Don't make friends because it makes you look more popular, make friends you will actually need to lean on!!

Old 04-04-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by awthyug
Hey well... when I was in middle school I was pretty popular and all the girls liked me, then I went to highschool and freshman year it was pretty much the same thing but another town comes to our school and there's all these new people to meet and I usually make friends REALLY easy because everyone says I'm wreally really funny and I make everyone laugh... but sophmore year's been pretty difficult to make new friends, I lost touch with all the girls because they're all going out with upperclassmen and alot of the guys because I just didn't really talk to many of them during the summer... and I'm friends with some upperclassmen but when it comes time to meet someone that is just as funny as me or more funnier and popular I find myself to freeze and have nothing to talk to them about and I want to hang around with them because I think they're cool and all and I want to have more friends like I used to but I just don't want to ask them to hang out because I'm afraid that they don't want to or will just laugh at me... any help? thanks

Ahhh welcome to the fsecond major change in your life(puberty being the first).

This is normal for most people to expierence. Your not in this boat alone. This is when you realize who your true friends are. The ones that stick close to you will always be there for you.

Friends will change like dirty socks in high school. They meet new people and adjust to different styles. some go jocks, some prep, some nerd, and some sl*ts.

This is nothing you can control. In high school most kids are trying to find who they are and why they are here. so thats why many will change friends because they want to see where they fit in.

Old 04-04-2004, 01:06 PM   #5

Hipeep85 HB User

I would just try to be friendly with everyone...make small talk with the peeps in your first pd...eventually you might find someone has something in common with you and when you find that person maybe u can get to become good friends with him or her and then start a friendship there.

Closed Thread