It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 05:13 PM   #1

Kimberly32 HB User
Wow...I Never Knew I was such a ....

disapointment to my dad ......yeah well heres the story and i hope you can help me figure out if im really a disapointment or he is ...
In 5th grade i had straight a's and when i hit puberty i changed like we all do in personalities but my unforgiving dad seems to blame me for changing its not like i meant to to! i mean god we all change i think i have a right to! any way my grades did drop to c's or d's when i got into 6th but of course it was a new school which takes a while to get used to! i am now in 7th and have a c and the rest are a's and b's he tells me every week how much i let him down in my grades he seems to think HES all that matters is that I PLEASE HIM. God he never gives me a break! what can i do? hes totally hot headed and not easy to talk to what am i gunna do? please help asap!

Old 04-08-2004, 06:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User
Re: Wow...I Never Knew I was such a ....

Sounds like one of two options.

First, just as you said. He could just be a self obessed *****, who is ashamed of your archievement....but I highly doubt it!

Its more likely that he knows what your capable of, and wants you to achieve the most you can. If he thinks your wasting your talent, he might try to be harder on you so you will do better.

7th - 8th year are fairly important. They dont seem to be at the time, but they make up the foundations. I screwed around up until year 10, and my maths is pathetic, will never be as strong as other ppls wimply because i dont understand the basics I would have picked up if I paid attention.

At any rate, whether or not you are wasting your ability isn't that important. Of course, if you are, I suggest you DONT! If your not, best thing is to talk to him. You said it was hard, but its probably the best way to work out what his motives are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Wow...I Never Knew I was such a ....

All said here is true...I am sure that you are much smarter than your grades show and you father see that. If you wanted to pull those c's to b's try staying after school for help or studing a little more.

Closed Thread