It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Question Boy's & Girls Opinions

For the past 2 weeks there have been numerous threads about what we like in bodies or what we like in personality. Overall there has been a mix in feelings with what people look for.

Basically, I wanted to go ahead and make one thread for these questions so if anyone in the future has these questions we can just bump the thread for them to read...right

Anyways, the question is when you looking at the opposite sex what are character traits, body, or appearance that you are looking for?

For me personally I go for character only. I have dated girls that were different sizes and different looks but they have had one thing in common and that was a great personality.

So any thoughts?

Last edited by eightball61; 04-08-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #2

Kimberly32 HB User
Re: Boy's & Girls Opinions

A guy who makes me laugh and of course like most girls i like tall cuties! I like the kind of daring guy whos usaully in trouble and is sensitive to me and i dont really care to much about muscles just they have to be big or buff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #3
Veteran

Will M. HB User

I think I pretty much have the same opinion as you Jeff, but yeah, character of course, someone who can be rebellious, and caring of others.

This is what I put in other threads:

"I like girs who have curly, fairly, long hair, usualy light-brown, big and bold eyes that penetrate the heart, a strong soul and personality, unique, with a beautiful smile, and who is intelligent. I like a sweet sounding voice too."

Old 04-08-2004, 02:19 PM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

[QUOTE=Will M.]I think I pretty much have the same opinion as you Jeff QUOTE]

That is what we agree upon...lol

But the thing is there are some people who disagree and say how can we just see character. I will be honest to say that I will look at body at times but for the most part I rather see whats inside rather than the outside.

IT hard to explain why we are so different but I think that is a part of our mental thinking that makes us so different.

Old 04-08-2004, 08:00 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I've never had any specifications because, up until I found out someone cared about me, I never wanted a boyfriend. But, if I had to decide, I would say that personality is all that mattersI never look at appearances because I don't exactly have an hourglass body and skin like a baby's bottom (I look like a fat stick with high socks and glasses XD)...but if you're one of those personality people and your boy/girlfriend or crush also happens to be a cutie then that's really cool too. But if you find someone who really truly and deeply cares about you and can honestly say "I love you" (which a lot of teens can't say that HONESTLY), then you have the whole world. You've got a priceless treasure and you can't lose that. I swear, I have never EVER known a guy who is nearly as caring and compassionate as my boyfriend. I've ****** him off so many times and made him feel bad and he still treats me so wonderfully; I don't quite understand how he still loves me after I hurt him so much (emotionally), but he manages to, and I love him for being so impossibly understanding.

But if you find someone that you know would love you so much that they would die for you, then you don't need anyone else. You've got something irreplacable if you have someone like that.

Dark Stranger

Last edited by Dark Stranger; 04-08-2004 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Forgot something...hehe

Old 04-08-2004, 10:56 PM   #6

mudpixie HB User

Most of my friends say I have the weirdest taste in guys, because all the guys I've ever liked are nerds. I've been told I'm pretty before and hit on by some guys that are by typical standards "hot", and it made me feel really good, but frankly those guys do NOTHING for me whatsoever. I don't know why - must be a personality thing.

I like guys who are on the REALLY SHY side (mainly because I'm shy), deep, intellectual, kind-hearted and have a witty sarcastic, even dark sense of humor. A slight rebellious nature is sexy, but I can't stand the guys who overdo it. I also have a certain "look" I'm attracted to: dark hair, skinny build, and deep, beautiful eyes. The 3 major flings I've had were all with computer geeks and my current crush is on a guy who is both a band geek and hardcore MATH nerd. I'm all about the geekiness

Old 04-09-2004, 06:28 AM   #7

alwaysgod2 HB User

Personality:
The BIGGEST thing i go for is a guy that can make me laugh. ANd not in the immature way, but like in a goofy way. Its hard to explain. All of my friends also say i have a weird taste beause some of the guys ive liked arent really that cute, but the have the BESt personaility ever. Some turn offs though are immaturity, guys who try to be somebody their not, and non christians.( sorry but those are m beliefs) or guys who dont respect that i am a christian. But another big thing i look for is intellegence and being reallly sweet
Looks: Look wize, i like tall guys and guys who arent string bans. i lie them with some meat on there bones. Buffness doesnt really matter but i dont like man boobs to much. lol. Or HUGE guts. I look at eyes and smiles too. I guess eyes cuz im a huge believer at looking somebody in the eyes while they talk at you. Ifyou got something to look at, then u dont have to concentrate on keeping eye contact. lol

Old 04-12-2004, 02:39 PM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

*bump* Just seeking anymore input

Old 04-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #9
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpixie
Most of my friends say I have the weirdest taste in guys, because all the guys I've ever liked are nerds. I've been told I'm pretty before and hit on by some guys that are by typical standards "hot", and it made me feel really good, but frankly those guys do NOTHING for me whatsoever. I don't know why - must be a personality thing.

I like guys who are on the REALLY SHY side (mainly because I'm shy), deep, intellectual, kind-hearted and have a witty sarcastic, even dark sense of humor. A slight rebellious nature is sexy, but I can't stand the guys who overdo it. I also have a certain "look" I'm attracted to: dark hair, skinny build, and deep, beautiful eyes. The 3 major flings I've had were all with computer geeks and my current crush is on a guy who is both a band geek and hardcore MATH nerd. I'm all about the geekiness
Wow! I didn't know someone with your tastes, like you existed!

Old 04-13-2004, 01:00 AM   #10

Kylie1 HB User

Any guy I date has to make me laugh! He has to be spontaneous, slightly rebellious I guess, and confident (but not cocky). I think it's nice when guys care about their looks, but it's a turn off when they care too much. I like someone who I can go out and have fun with, but also be able to bum around and do whatever with. I also can't stand guys who are religous, romantic or really sensetive. I don't like guys who compliment me too much or tell me they love me, but I do like guys who cuddle me lots

In terms of looks I don't date anyone shorter than me, anyone fat, anyone with really bad teeth, really weird facial features, acne or bad posture. There are plenty of other things I look for in a guys physical apperance, but if you don't fit that criteria then you don't have a hope in hell. I know it sounds really shallow, but I'm just being honest.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:13 PM   #11
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Oh, and another thing I'd like to add--one quality a girl MUST have is that, she has to love me too!

Old 04-13-2004, 02:40 PM   #12
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Love is the most important thing to any successful relationship. If she can't love you back then there is no sence of making it work...Right

Old 04-13-2004, 05:04 PM   #13

Passion4BskBall HB User

no trust and honesty are the most important things in any relationship whether it be platonic or it be bf gf, or even parent/child relationship. if you dont have trust there is no relationship. and in a bf gf case i guess love is the third most important.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:25 AM   #14
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4BskBall
no trust and honesty are the most important things in any relationship

Trust and honesty are important but you can't love someone with out it. That why all these tie into the word love. For Ex. We love our parents because we trust them and they are honest to us and we love our dogs because we trust that they won't bite us when we pat them.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:30 AM   #15
Inactive

MadSkillzGal HB User

Yes you can love someone without trust...hence the reason why there are millions of women spying on their husbands as we speak.

I always say again and again and again..TOO much trust is more destructive than not enough.

Closed Thread