It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2004, 08:19 PM   #1

KPope2004 HB User
Exclamation Belly Rings!?!?!

Hey! My name is Jessica and I want to get my belly button pierced but I am scareed it will hurt?!!? If any one has gotten theirs done please reply and answer to these questions;
Did it hurt?
If yes how long?
~Thank You~
~Jessica~

Old 04-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Re: Belly Rings!?!?!

I'm terribly sorry...I don't have a first-hand experience from navel piercing, but moth my friend and my cousin's friend had theirs done, and the procedure enough was enough to make me cringe. According to my cousin, they don't make the piercing quickly like when you get your ears done...it's done slowly. A needle pierces the skin and is pushed all the way through (and it's sickeningly thick as it goes up) and into a cork or something, and it HURTS! The girl was in tears as it was being done, but she wanted them to keep going. I saw my friend Samantha's ring, and it looks very painful, and it won't heal for six months.

I don't mean to try and scare you out of going through with your plans, but I'm just sharing from a listener's standpoint the experience.

Dark Stranger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2004, 07:44 AM   #3

Kylie1 HB User

I had mine done a few years ago. Mine closed over about a year after I had it done. The ring fell out and by the time I went to get a new one (which was only about a day after it fell out) The bottom of it had healed and I wouldn't have been able to fit another ring in I still have a nasty scar where the hole was.

Anyway, It's about 3-5 seconds of pain. Those 3-5 seconds REALLY hurt, but just when you feel like you can't take it anymore it stops hurting.

If you really want it done, the pain is worth it.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #4

KPope2004 HB User

Thank You.

~Jessica~

Old 04-13-2004, 05:47 PM   #5

SoToxic HB User

When I got mine done a few years ago, I got it done at this wierd place, and they used a little metal hook instead of a needle like most people get done. It hurt, but I blacked out after a few seconds. When I woke up it was all done. Even though it really hurt, I'm glad I got it done this way, because all of my friends who have had theres done via a needle have had theres infected.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:19 PM   #6
Veteran

Saka HB User

Hi KPope. All the above stories sound more like horror stories to me! I had mine done about 5 years ago and while it did hurt quite a bit it was very very fast. I'm talking seconds.

The reason it hurt me is because I had a flat, taught stomach. If there is more flesh it won't hurt as much. My sisters did not hurt at all. Nor did my mum's.

But don't let the pain put you off. It is negligable. It may hurt a little for a few weeks after getting it done if you bump it on something but as long as you are careful there shoudn't be a problem.

I love my belly button ring and wouldn't take it out for anything. They are great and there are some georgeous jewellery out there to buy!

Old 04-17-2004, 08:42 AM   #7

Hidden Emotions HB User

i've had mine done over a year now.. it didn't hurt at all like i thought it would. i love it.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:21 PM   #8
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

i had mine done when i was 16 and i am terrified of needles but it didnt hurt too much and it was over quick....but about a year after i had it done it started bleeding one day and i took it out for only 15 min and then couldnt get it back in ....i still have the scar though....so yes it hurts some but nothing you cant handle and it hurt for a few weeks but then it was fine....so DO NOT TAKE IT OUT NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND i am telling you it is hard to get it back in when it isnt FULLY healed

Old 04-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #9

tan-barbie HB User

Mine didn't hurt but it really depends on you pain tolerance. My belly piercing was the leat painful and healed the quickest with out any problems. You need to check out the place you plan to get it done and make sure it is clean. If you have any other questions about it you can write me. I have had just about everything pierced at one time or another.

Old 04-19-2004, 07:07 AM   #10

nikki79335 HB User

im an adult, i just like to look to see if i can help anyone. although ive never gotten my belly button done, i have had my **** hood and my labret, they will hurt for a little bit but you'll get over it. if you want it bad enough you shouldnt be afraid. tats dont hurt as much as people make them out to hurt too.

Old 05-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #11

Jay232 HB User

I just got my belly button pierced last August, and it was practically nothing like alot of stories I've read here. When she actually pierced through the skin, I felt it, but it wasn't more painful than getting cut by something (bad example, but I'm looking at the level of pain) It stung for maybe two seconds, and she pulled the needle or hook or whatever all the way through the whole because the barbell was screwed on to the opposite end of the needle. So all she had to do was unscrew the needle and twist on the ball and I was set to go. I started getting a lil black out going after I stood up, and she said it was normal. My guess is because of the shock your body gets- but in my case, well I start to black out if my shower is too hot so it was nothing new. Anyway- it's been fully healed for a couple months now and when I change it, I push the bar out with the bar that's going in so there's no risk of it closing. I love it, and while it is sensative for the first month or so- it's definitly worth it.

Old 05-18-2004, 09:42 PM   #12

sdc19ny HB User
Unhappy HELP!!! I can't take out my belly ring!!!

I have a silly question, I got my belly pierced about 6 months ago, not only has it not completely healed, but now I want to take it out, I have a hoop thingie, that meets in the middle (ball clousure ring) and I don't know how to remove, I read on a website that if you try to pull it on both side the ball will pop out, i'm scared of ripping my belly

and I think mine is screw in, but I can't unscrew it! Please HELP!!!!!!!!

[ removed ]

Last edited by moderator2; 05-19-2004 at 07:35 PM. Reason: No off-board contact information of any kind is allowed. Please know and follow the Posting Rules. Thank you.

Old 05-18-2004, 11:28 PM   #13

shysteph22 HB User

well, I had mine done about 3 years ago, i was really scared, they pierced mine with a needle and cork, it didn't really hurt that bad, it felt the same way when i got my ears pierced, it hurts for a split second, like by the time you realize it hurts its over, it doesn't hurt anymore. After it was done i felt no pain at all. The only thing is, for my ears i can only wear stainless steel or gold, so for my belly its the same, it never seemed to heal cuz the rings piercing places usually pierce people with are moslty surgical steel. Anyways, if its something you really want i would say go for it, I like my belly ring and would definately do it again.

Old 05-27-2004, 06:30 PM   #14
(female)

Waveriper09 HB User

I got mine done in january at this mikes tatoo place it was fast and not painful at all im 14 and i was afraid too at first it didnt hurt one bit cept it stung alittle after. My ball fell off my ring 2 times and all i did was get a new one replacing it didnt hurt either trust me you should get it, it looks awsome and isnt painful if u pick the right place to go too.

Closed Thread