It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 09:16 PM   #1

cman HB User
my girlfriend bilemic?

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for 8 months and i have noticed that she worrys about her weight all the time but she is small, She is like 5"9 and 130. When i go over to her house alot so complains about her stomach hurting (at least once a week) while im there. Tonight i was talking to her on the phone and she said she her head was hurting and thought she was sick, then later on she said her stomach was hurting her and i heard her go to the bathroom and throwup. I was just wondering if she was bilemic or what it is. I've never caught her trying to throwup intentionally but she complains about her stomach hurting alot. I was just wondering if there is something i can do or do you think i need to ask her about it but if so what would i say. Please everyone help me out on this thanks.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:15 AM   #2

Kylie1 HB User
Re: my girlfriend bilemic?

She may not be bullemic, alot of girls are worried about their weight.

I don't know much about bullemia, but I know that they eat mass amounts of food, then vomit. I think you should research a little bit on bullemia and find out if she fits the criteria.

She may have something completley different wrong with her. Either way, ask her to go see a doctor about her stomach pains. If she willingly goes I doubt she has an eating disorder. If she refuses to go, keep an eye on her. If she keeps throwing up and wont go to a doctor, I'd tell her parents that she has been vomiting and that you're worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2004, 07:03 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

She may not be bilemic but you may never want something like that to go so she doesn't ruin her health or body. Bring your concern up to her in private and see what she says.

This could be a number of things such as a normal flu, an infection in the abdominal region, or if you both maybe be a sign of pregnancy if you both are having a sexual relationship.

Have her go to her doctor if this continues for her health.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #4

alwaysgod2 HB User

I use to be bulimic andi dont THINK she is. But she still could be. If you ask her shell most likely deny it, but start paying attention to these signs to see if she might have it. I never really had stomach pains all the time. Like for the first couple of days i did, but then i didnt until the night when i decided to stop, because the pain was so bad and i collapsed. but i started off anorexic then iti went into the bulimic becasue i ame home and ate and felt guilty, so i threw it up until all i threw up was my stomach acid! Does she exercise alot? because anorixia, bulimia, and exercise blima all kinda tie into each other. i dont mean like daily workout, but likeafter she eats does she fell a need to go burn off those calories?
Bulimia is often accompanied by the following signs and symptoms:
• Binge eating of high-carbohydrate foods, usually in secrecy
• Loss of control over eating, with guilt and shame
• Body weight that goes up and down
• Constipation, diarrhea, nausea, gas, abdominal pain
• Dehydration
• Blood-tinged vomit
• Irregular menstruation or cessation of menstrual periods
• Eroded tooth enamel
• Bad breath
• Throat irritation and inflammation
• Calluses on hands from forcing the body to vomit
• Stealing, especially food
• Depression
• Substance abuse, especially alcohol

Hope i helped!_________________________________ _________________
Ash

Old 04-18-2004, 10:56 AM   #5

alwaysgod2 HB User

Im just bumping this making sure youve gotten the advice...

Closed Thread