It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2004, 08:35 PM   #1

john123 HB User
Don't have a girlfriend..

Hi,
I was just wondering.. I've never had a girlfriend in my life (end of sophomore year in high school right now) and all my friends have, Its not the fact that i can't get one, i know of some girls that like me that, to put it another way, i wouldn't quite reject. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like something i want to do, i know from seeing my friends and my siblings that all that really happens is you break up
Thanks

Last edited by john123; 07-14-2006 at 10:47 AM.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Don't have a girlfriend..

You should only have a girl friend if it is what you want, not because of what everyone else is doing. You will know when you are ready and when you see someone who you are interested in.

For now just enjoy watching your friends and the messes they get into. Learn from their mistakes. Remember all of the good things that they did to make their relationships better. Then you will have an extra advantage at making your first relationship work.

There is nothing wrong with you. A lot of guys and girls aren't ready to date, but they just want to follow the crowd. They end up getting hurt or hurting someone else. Be yourself and only do what you truly want to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 04:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

The only name not taken HB User

As stated, theres really nothin wrong with waitin - Theres someone posting the same issue now...Just shows how common it is.

Yet, if you felt betrayed when you walked in on your friend and this chick you like, you may be shuning another relationship...

I'm proly wrong, but could be an avenue to explore?

GL.

Old 04-15-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Its perfectly ok if you don't want a GF at this time. Right now you are going to be a JR. and trying to figure out what you want in life for wither college, jobs, or whatever.

I am not telling you not to date because it is ok but do it when you are ready to. If you don't want to go through those hardships at a young age then don't.

If people don't understand why you don't go out with girls and they tease you then just leave them alone. Its your life and choice not theirs.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #5

john123 HB User

yah, thanks a lot guys.

Last edited by john123; 07-14-2006 at 10:47 AM.

Old 04-16-2004, 01:33 AM   #6

lifegoezon HB User
Lightbulb Re: Don't have a girlfriend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisab508
Hi,
I was just wondering.. I've never had a girlfriend in my life (end of sophomore year in high school right now) and all my friends have, and all my siblings have. Its not the fact that i can't get one, i know of some girls that like me that, to put it another way, i wouldn't quite reject. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like something i want to do, i know from seeing my friends and my siblings that all that really happens is you break up. I know some of my friends have done it because they get a lot of action, but i don't really care. Is this okay that i don't really wanna have a girlfriend?
There was actually one girl, that i was madly in love with and woulda gone out with her any day, and that never happened, but what did happen is my best friend hooked up with her (at my house, and i walked in on them...) its okay though, we're still best friends.
I was just wondering if this whole situation is okay, and if its weird or something?

Thanks,

P.S. and no im not gay.
It's not weird that you don't want to date right now.. And it does result in breaking up but at the same time you benefit from the gained experience. Through dating you will learn more about relationships in general as well as more about yourself.. So when the time does come and you find "the one" (the one you REALLY like) that first hand experience will help you understand your girlfriend/communicating/problems/etc.. and therefore your relationship will be A LOT more stronger (then if you went into it never dating a girl before).

Last edited by lifegoezon; 04-16-2004 at 01:52 AM.

Old 04-16-2004, 06:16 AM   #7

john123 HB User

Message Edited.

Last edited by john123; 07-14-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Old 04-16-2004, 02:17 PM   #8

USER-NAME HB User
Question Re: Don't have a girlfriend..

whats a sibling?? :s
ps : ya... its normal to wanna wait and you will find another girl you wanna date!

Last edited by USER-NAME; 04-16-2004 at 02:18 PM.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:41 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER-NAME
whats a sibling?? :s
A sibling is a brother or sister, younger or older. ^.^

As for the girlfriend issue...well...all I can say is don't find one of those dirty girls who want nothing but to climb in bed with you, because they aren't worth a darned thing; they're the kind of girls who will just use a person to get money and pleasure and such - they don't even know what love is. You should look for someone that cares about YOU...then, after you figure out you might be a match THEN you can go ahead with the bedcraft if you really trust them enough.

Good luck to you!

Dark Stranger

Old 04-17-2004, 06:37 AM   #10
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Stranger
You should look for someone that cares about YOU...then, after you figure out you might be a match THEN you can go ahead with the bedcraft if you really trust them enough.

Dark Stranger

Ahhh...the victory of LOVE

Old 04-18-2004, 03:43 PM   #11
(male)

Imustbcr8zier HB User

You don't have to have a gf, its not a law or anything and you shouldn't feel pressured into getting one because everyone else has one. it wouldn't be fair to you or the girl. you can have a Gf when you feel comfortable with it and don't let anyone make ya feel otherwise. You sound like a good guy, Dont change to accomodate other peoples expectations of your love life.

Closed Thread